The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Icy Guy 16th December 2005 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Was I the only one who was very faintly reminded of the SnS music during the first half of the backwards file?

No, although Mr. Kirkhope likes using that C-F# chord progression in a lot of his songs.

Quote:

Maybe they puposefuly made a certain sound in the BGM sound like that so if played backwards, it would souns like something farmilliar. That is very unlikley, though.
Possibly, although since the average sample in an N64 games (or at least the ones I've extracted) is usually less than half a second long. Of course, many of the samples have loop points or were sped up and then played back in-game at a lower pitch (crude method of "compression"), which explains why they sound longer in the game.

anime freak 20th December 2005 12:44 AM

does anybody know the gameshark code for getting rid of Stop'n'Swop? I've looked everywhere and still can't find it.

Mr 3vil 20th December 2005 09:53 AM

Well, you really cant get rid of it, but you can get rid of the items. The topic Erase Eggs and Ice Key From Cartridge Code should have it. Anyways NTSC 81283400 0000 and the PAL version is 81283220 0000.

Huh... you know how Grunty's Lair has those cave entrances with glowing eyes? Don't you find it odd how Witchyworld has those too? Maybe I am over analyzing things. :confused:

Benjo Koolzooie 20th December 2005 11:22 AM

To be honest, I doubt listening to the music abckwards will contribute any new unveilings relating to SNS.

hatrickpatrick 20th December 2005 05:45 PM

possible link between witchyworld and grunty's lair access? Doesnt sound too far fetched when compared with some of the other ideas we've had in this topic >_>

repobanjo 20th December 2005 07:15 PM

Even I admit I went way too far on this. What else can you think of when it's the evening, your tired, hungry, and exhausted?

Gaming Master2k 21st December 2005 12:28 AM

I made a small but possibly important discovery in BT this morning. We know in the US version the base egg exists, colour = yellow. What I found out that there are the textures for the other eggs. I used Rice's Video Plugin to dump the textures and there were the textures for the Red Egg, Green egg, Pink egg, Yellow egg and Dark Blue egg (I wasn't able to find a cyan one but I didn't know how to use it properly so I believe it's there).

This has the potential to show us a SnS screen I believe since all the textures are there. What I have been trying to do (with no luck as I can't hack good at all) is trying to find an object mod code to see if it's possible to collect the eggs.

Ok..... and....... discuss ;)

DevilBottles 21st December 2005 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaming Master2k
I made a small but possibly important discovery in BT this morning. We know in the US version the base egg exists, colour = yellow. What I found out that there are the textures for the other eggs. I used Rice's Video Plugin to dump the textures and there were the textures for the Red Egg, Green egg, Pink egg, Yellow egg and Dark Blue egg (I wasn't able to find a cyan one but I didn't know how to use it properly so I believe it's there).

This has the potential to show us a SnS screen I believe since all the textures are there. What I have been trying to do (with no luck as I can't hack good at all) is trying to find an object mod code to see if it's possible to collect the eggs.

Ok..... and....... discuss ;)

well...

You mean "well" where you say "I can't hack good at all"

.... *gets smacked in face*

You know, I actually don't know what you just said, but you may be onto something... *gets smacked again*

Gaming Master2k 21st December 2005 03:27 AM

I was going to say one thing then decided to change it and apparently a little of both got across but yes, I don't hack well.

What I was trying to say was that I found the textures for all the eggs (except cyan but I believe it's there) in BT.

repobanjo 21st December 2005 10:46 AM

Great Googly Moogly! You got the other eggs into BT? Now, we just need hatrick or some other hacker to use an object mod, and we got the SNS items in BT!

Gaming Master2k 21st December 2005 10:57 AM

They were already there we just didn't know it. I found that the textures were all there.

I first noticed it as a glitch on my Emulator. In BK sometimes the egg will change it's colour (as I said a glitch with the plugin) and when I loaded up the base egg in BT I got the following 3 pics (going from yellow to another colour and back to yellow to repeat the cycle)

Yellow Egg
Green Egg
Pink Egg

I then used Rice's plugin to extract some textures and found the texture for the Red egg and Dark Blue egg as well.

What's wierd is last night I had a dream about SnS and the eggs were in BT and I was using them. This morning I woke up, decided to look at the game a bit and there they were.

Benjo Koolzooie 21st December 2005 11:16 AM

I've used the base egg code before, and as the egg moved about (it replaced an enemy), it flashed red,dark blue and maybe even cyan. I can't remember exactly what colours, but I am sure (in an unsure way!) that it did.

hatrickpatrick 21st December 2005 11:54 AM

http://gscentral.org/game.php?systemID=7&gameID=1187
That's the image mod for PAL BT, and according to that list, the base egg is in there too.

Unfortunatly the object mod doesnt work for the different eggs (at least in BK it doesnt)
What happens is this: the game checks what room you're in when you collect the base egg, and if you're in a room which has an egg (such as the cellar, for example), it records that you have the cyan egg. If you're in nabnut's house and change his bed into the base egg, you have the yellow egg. If you go into the captains cabin and change a grublin into the base egg, it's the red egg. The colour of the egg stays yellow, but the SnS screen records which colour you have.

So if we're going to ifnd out how to get the other eggs in BT, we're going to need to figure out where they're supposed to be...

nonetheless, great job GM! We finally have some proof that the other eggs are in BT.

Benjo Koolzooie 21st December 2005 12:46 PM

The thing is, how could you tell in BT? Since there is no SNS screen?

Ferminus 21st December 2005 02:15 PM

but in bt it were a place that showyou that you have the ice key and the blue and pink eggs... maybe there appears that you have the other eggs

Kotetsu 21st December 2005 03:33 PM

I was replaying BK recently, and I got to TTC. I was just going about as normal, I turn around, and I see sharkfood island risen. My heart stopped for a second, then I remembered the items were carried around from file to file.

On a productive note,
Has anyone noticed that the four inside eggs are a reverse rainbow? Or are their positions based on the order you got them?
Also, (I haven't beaten this game in years) does that big gruntilda picture in the main room have a purpose? Or is it just (supposedly) a decoration?

And in BT, I think that the eggs/ice key show up on the objects and items screen.

I read through the 71 pages of this yesterday, so it is consuming a large portion of my brain at the moment.

repobanjo 21st December 2005 06:40 PM

Yeah, it hurts to read that much.

Tip for the new ones: Before you sign up and you want to contribute here, read before you register, then join the next day. Or month. I chose mont, and when I started this, it was only on page 52!

So, I never did notice the "reverse rainbow" eggs in the SNS screen.

No, in the final copy of the game, the Grunty painting has no purpose, which goves me an idea.

Maybe, there was/is a way to put the eggs into Gruntys painting in BK. In BT, the painting is ripped open, and there ais barley anything there, save eggs and feather. So, its like it preserves the eggs for two years fo Banjo to open in BT!

Benjo Koolzooie 21st December 2005 07:46 PM

IN BT, the eggs collected are indicated by a number next to an image of the blue egg. That is all.

Gaming Master2k 21st December 2005 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Unfortunatly the object mod doesnt work for the different eggs (at least in BK it doesnt)
What happens is this: the game checks what room you're in when you collect the base egg, and if you're in a room which has an egg (such as the cellar, for example), it records that you have the cyan egg. If you're in nabnut's house and change his bed into the base egg, you have the yellow egg. If you go into the captains cabin and change a grublin into the base egg, it's the red egg. The colour of the egg stays yellow, but the SnS screen records which colour you have.

I know that. Remember earlier in the topic when I needed help with the object mod we discussed that. What I was thinking was if we could collect 1 egg (base egg) and as such bring up an SnS screen of some sort then it's possible we could find the address for that screen change it's value (like in BK we change it to FFFF) and it will show the lot as collected.

hatrickpatrick 21st December 2005 09:52 PM

Here's how the value was found in BK
Have no SnS items for this
1: Do an unknown value search
2: Do a couple of "equal to" searches"
3: collect an egg / the key
4: Do a different to, followed by a whole load of equal to's
5:Collect the next SnS item and repeat the process.

People kept doing that until they found the SnS menu address, I believe

Icy Guy 21st December 2005 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
I've used the base egg code before, and as the egg moved about (it replaced an enemy), it flashed red,dark blue and maybe even cyan. I can't remember exactly what colours, but I am sure (in an unsure way!) that it did.

It does. This seems to happen when the object that was modified seems to do just about anything other than stand still.

banjo nerd 22nd December 2005 01:28 AM

well theres many sayingsabout sns. captin black eye does have somthing to do with yes why do they have him in they pics theyn all asudin hes in number 2 with pictures of the sns well some in his room. also why are there eggstwo in mmm easy rare is trying to trick you so you can probly get wrong 1 and then you toattly screw up on sns

another theorie i think fact:count how many charcters are in the first one or shown a pic *cough* captin black eye *cough* and thier in the secound one with the same kindis level ill compare

boggey(polar bear in freazy peaks):in the sam kinda lvl snow cold water what hurts u.

gobi(camel in gobis desert):hes in a lvl whats hot the lava is like sand hurts ya

cheato(gruntys spell):i dont think holds a big roll in sns same with mumbo

listen you guys should take your time if you wanna figure it out and beat the games while taking notes.

i have my own opion but now i refuse it down compaired to yours dude

dmoss 22nd December 2005 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjo nerd
listen you guys should take your time if you wanna figure it out and beat the games while taking notes.

...Wow. Sir, I believe that we are not the ones who should take some time to figure things out. We've been working on this for quite some time now, and obviously have a grand hold on things. If you wanna be taken more seriously, kiddo, I'd learn to type a bit slower and we'll all be a lot happier. Thank you.

Kratos_Aurion 22nd December 2005 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjo nerd
well theres many sayingsabout sns. captin black eye does have somthing to do with yes why do they have him in they pics theyn all asudin hes in number 2 with pictures of the sns well some in his room. also why are there eggstwo in mmm easy rare is trying to trick you so you can probly get wrong 1 and then you toattly screw up on sns

another theorie i think fact:count how many charcters are in the first one or shown a pic *cough* captin black eye *cough* and thier in the secound one with the same kindis level ill compare

boggey(polar bear in freazy peaks):in the sam kinda lvl snow cold water what hurts u.

gobi(camel in gobis desert):hes in a lvl whats hot the lava is like sand hurts ya

cheato(gruntys spell):i dont think holds a big roll in sns same with mumbo

i have my own opion but now i refuse it down compaired to yours dude

I have no idea what the heck you just said.

banjo nerd 22nd December 2005 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmoss
...Wow. Sir, I believe that we are not the ones who should take some time to figure things out. We've been working on this for quite some time now, and obviously have a grand hold on things. If you wanna be taken more seriously, kiddo, I'd learn to type a bit slower and we'll all be a lot happier. Thank you.

i wasent being rude if you took it that way then im sorry i just beat banjo-kazoiee.(even know that i beat it several times)and all i need is the ice key but i guess what im saying dosent matter

Kastro 22nd December 2005 07:01 PM

Well I may be getting this game sometime this weekend for the N64, and hopefully it won't have any of the eggs or crystal key on it, so if theres anything i'll be able to do, let me know.

anime freak 23rd December 2005 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr 3vil
Well, you really cant get rid of it, but you can get rid of the items. The topic Erase Eggs and Ice Key From Cartridge Code should have it. Anyways NTSC 81283400 0000 and the PAL version is 81283220 0000.

Huh... you know how Grunty's Lair has those cave entrances with glowing eyes? Don't you find it odd how Witchyworld has those too? Maybe I am over analyzing things. :confused:

Thank You

Klungo 23rd December 2005 07:05 PM

What if we tried getting more than one of the items in BK or BT using an object mod code?

Kastro 23rd December 2005 09:45 PM

Well, at this point, I think anything is worth a shot...

The Pizza Boy 23rd December 2005 11:41 PM

Sat up the other night thinking and came up with this:
In BK, the color of the egg that is loaded is determined by what room you are in.
Maybe BT works something like that. Someone with Project64 go to any of the carts (before busting them) that have an egg in them (so NOT the Ice Key cart) and activate this code:
81127640 0142
this is part of the NTSC BT Warp Code. 0142 is Jinjo Village.
However, your not activating the code, your just making the game think for that moment you are in Jinjo Village, so, if you bust an egg cart, it should think you are busting the ice key cart.
If this works, good. Now, let's say that the other eggs are programed into BT. But maybe Rare just removed them from the levels. If we go through every room one by one with the above code and smash a BT cart, there is a chance of an undiscovered egg popping out!

Of course, there is only a small chance of this working, but its worth a shot.

digidestind 24th December 2005 12:43 AM

hey, good thinking.

hatrickpatrick 24th December 2005 05:48 PM

Unfortunatly, the game had different methods of telling which level you are in. The warp value is completely redundant unless the game is reloading an area, so that wouldn't work...

BTW, Merry Christmas to everyone! I'm going to post a re-cap in a while to try and get this topic back off the ground, we seem to have hit... Whatever topics which are off the gorund hit that sends them back to the ground >_>

hatrickpatrick 24th December 2005 08:28 PM

Well folks, this topic has been around for almost a year, and I for one can't believe how far we've come since then and how much this topic has exploded and branched out. It seems like only yesterday we only had vague thoughts of combing the game inch by inch looking for secrets, whereas now, we've gone beyond even that. I know I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but I really do feel we're getting somewhere here. The reason my end of this has been so sloppy of late is simply that I have been incredibly busy. I had exams, I had a busy start to "fun year" at school (Transition year in Ireland: We have hardly any classes and instead set up mini companies, do work experience outside school, get career advice, take interests tests, etc etc etc) which is actually a lot more time-consuming than normal school. On top of that, there's rock 'n roll to consider (I'm trying to form a band. Save me the embarrassment and don't even ask about it >_>)

However, I finally woke up yesterday to what I've been missing due to letting this place slip further into the backround of my mind. And so, seeing how slow the place is getting at the moment, I'm going to post a list.

We've had some great theories along the way. And some amazing discoveries. Unfortunatly, some of the biggest discoveries and best theories we've ever had here were engulfed by the speed of the place at the time and left behind. This is a list of unfinished threads which have in them discoveries that were made and forgotten about, but which I believe to be very important to this whole business. And I think forgetting about these discoveries would be a big mistake.

I've split this into two categories. And the topics I want people to pay particular attention to are the Beta Spiral Mountain one (which I still think could be a massive, massive discovery) and the Fungus Forest one, which has some very interesting evidence in it for a connection with FP.

***IMPORTANT DISCOVERIES***

Here I list the threads which seemed, to me, to have extremely relevant information in them, but were abandoned and forgotten about. These are listed in order of how big the discoveries were, and personally I think we should keep looking into some of these...

The Gobi's Walley Topic - This one has two discoveries, one being the unexplained appearance of question marks on GV's walls, the other being about the Ice Key wall. Apparently it's meant to slide open rather than smash.

BETA spiral mountain level discovered, hidden in BK's instant warp as a crash digit - This one, I think, is probably a lot more important than we realised at the time, as it's one of the few unexplained locations in BK which doesnt seem to bear relation to any part of the game and *could* be the setting for some hidden cutscene or event. We never actually found out what it was for, and it could still have things we don't know about. Looks very promising indeed.

The topic which started off all the excitement about FP possibly having the link to Fungus forest. There is still a great deal of controversy over the existance of fungus forest. I myself find it fairly unlikely that an entire level could be hidden in memory, but there is a lot of evidence in here to support just that. well worth the read.

*Worth a look, but probably insignificant*
The discovery of the beta JRL pipe - I think it's fairly safe to say that it was just a duplicate of the existing JRL pipe left in for some unknown reason.

Banjooie believes he has discovered an extra piece of land in spiral mountain which is unused by the game - Still not quite sure what that was, but I think the general consensus was that it was a glitch

Also, I feel I owe everyone an apology over the demo control codes. Again, I sort of forgot about them after my digits list became seriously innacurate and complicated... I might just post the addresses, with a vague description of what each digit CAN do. pinning them down is just too difficult.

So merry christmas everyone, have a great one!

ChrisPBacon 24th December 2005 09:21 PM

File 3

I'm not sure if this has been said, I've beenreading this for some time now and am on page 15. I decided to start playing my BK and I use file 3. When I selected it the chair popped up instead of the normal thumbs up I normally get. I remembered I got this before, and realized it started after I got the SnS eggs. I don't know if this helps, but if Rare changed the file 3 look after Sns eggs, something may be strange. Does this happen with the other files?

vaticandrummer 24th December 2005 09:53 PM

Sometimes in the game, you can select the file just at the right time and an extra animation is played as opposed to the normal one. It just goes to show how much extra detail Rare put into the game that didn't have to be there normally...

ChrisPBacon 25th December 2005 01:59 AM

Thats probably it. I'm on page 63 now!!!! almost done. Ive taken a break to try to kill snacker permenently, but I had no luck. I did discover something neat though. Snacker seems to guard "Sharkfood" island, and as snacker is a shark he is probably the one who wants food. Now, while i was atempting to beak bust him in the water, he bit me and said "you taste like cheese and crackers", he also said something about mints and cofee. Those seem like foods to me, just like sharkfood island. Maybe theyre legitimate cheats to raise SFI, but i already did it the other way, and cant test my theory. If someone wants to i would be happy. Great job so far though, keep up the good work.

Edit: Sorry about that, I forgot that All the cheats have been found. It was worth a shot.

trevor 25th December 2005 08:08 AM

I have an idea on these egs and key.

Bottols picture cheats, he tells you to type the codes in and collect eggs and key, like he does with blueeggs, feathers, etc.
OR
Find him in a hole and he tells you about them, and tells you the codes.

Trev

ChrisPBacon 25th December 2005 01:03 PM

Dk 64

I've been playing DK 64, to try to find things that could be found as useful. I've been playing for 15 minutes, and as soon as i was going to K. Lumsy's prison first thing, I heard some music. The music sounded familiar, and I realized it was from BK. I don't know which song, but I know its from BK. I dont know if this will help us though, but its a thought.

Klungo 25th December 2005 01:31 PM

I noticed that too. It's from the first cutscene in Banjo Tooie.

ChrisPBacon 25th December 2005 02:00 PM

More DK64

I dont know if this will help, but when you open a boss door in DK64 you hear the sound of obtaining a secret egg. Just another observation