The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

??? 14th February 2006 01:31 AM

Is there a way I can edit images and levels?

Skill 14th February 2006 01:38 AM

There was a texture tool that sub and ice made check out the main page for more infomation.

kazooieguy 14th February 2006 01:44 AM

I belive there is something for the images, however again imiges wont show us triggers sadly,

Im looking at this from the creators perspective, you see im working on a game that has a system of secrets and unlocks similer to that of the stop N swop, so im attempting to think as they did, if I were the rare designers and nintendo said "sorry stop N swop wont work" I woul;d do a few edits to the data to create a use for the items that remians withn the game. however I wouldent be able to create an entire new cut scene saying, how to get them. so rare probobly created a set of secrets that hackers have prolly found. but havent reilized that they were. such as choseing what creature mumbo turns you into no matte hat world, allowing pumkin in mumbos mountin, as well as other ones. but as i always say " it is not the ending but the journey thats important.
So if we can find the trigger for the first i belive we will begin the path to the grand secret level and the answer to the greatest mystery in all of gameing.

Edit: just had a thoguht. what if they made changes to the data sothat each eggs collecting acted as an event trigger? each peice would be needed to be gathered correctly in order to gain the desired result, or in other words, fine the trigger,for the key grb the eggs and then the trigger will be complete cuaseing this ecret world to open , witch i belive is the same as the regular game but with a bunch of new featuers

because the term WORLD can be used it 2 ways regaurding this game,
1= Each area within the lair
2= the complete banjo WORLD beign spiral mountin, gruntys lair, and the areas.

If im corerct im useing the same basic program that rare used to develop banjo kazzoie and tooie, so i have a somewhat advanced understanding of what they were working with, and its simple to copy the maps and create an event trigger that when activated will luanch the player into the new map set witch would be modified with special abilitys and cheats.
assumeign that it is a area like MM or RBB then it would be an area that would b completely new with new enimes not seen and challenges that are not for jiggys but for something else, what that may be i am not yet sure.

Feel free to post comments.

??? 14th February 2006 01:54 AM

I can't find the guide. Can someone link me to it? Do you know where I can find the image modifier thingy?

kazooieguy 14th February 2006 01:56 AM

I dont but dose anyone knwo how to use it i canf ind it once i look but how is it used.

??? 14th February 2006 02:02 AM

Is there a gameshark code that will let me have all Jiggies and Music Notes? If so, whats the code for it?

kazooieguy 14th February 2006 02:32 AM

no clue it should be built into the prject64 cheats

??? 14th February 2006 02:35 AM

My project 64 is infected and there is no way to get it uninfected and installing a new Project 64 doesn't work. Does anyone have a different emulator?

kazooieguy 14th February 2006 02:41 AM

yeah look up 1964 untill i was able to get project 64 i used it

Skill 14th February 2006 03:18 AM

Ah yeah that or Nemu 64, but please guys this isn't the topic.

kazooieguy 14th February 2006 03:27 AM

I agree back to buisness

so skill sphere what do you think of my theroies?

you seem to have been here longer than i have so im betting that if ive repeated anythign you could probobly tell me

Skill 14th February 2006 03:43 AM

Your theory is
Collect ice key and see if it unlocks eggs isn't it.

Well the main troubles are how do you get the ice key, Do you type in the code (which many people think deactivate the SNS process) or do you use the Gameshark to instant wrap in there.
The other thing is what could you actually do to make the eggs appear, this is BK so you only have blue eggs and a few basic moves so just running up to nub nuts and firing eggs at him won't do anything nor will firing eggs or beakbombing the shark food island sign it just isn't a likly trigger but nice idea's.
Was there something else to your theroy i fogot to mention

Mr 3vil 14th February 2006 07:09 AM

Kazooie, this may help you in hacking... http://web.archive.org/web/200503190...Text/hackv500c

Google the gs codes, the codes section in RWP is down.

The ice key is believed to have a cutscene for that, because the ice wall splits, it doesnt shatter. I haven't actually seen how it works, but you should be able to see it by typing in the ice key code and wireframing it.

Skill 14th February 2006 09:04 AM

Actually it does the reverse for me i think that if it shattered there would more likly be a cutsceen for it but by it just sliding it seems like something that wouldn't need a cutsceen.

Bomario 14th February 2006 01:43 PM

im still learning to hack but at the moment im completing 1 file with all 90 jiggies, all 900 notes, all 115 mumbo tokens collected and 75 used for transformations with 40 left over and max eggs and feathers which after finished i will make this savestate of and ill be happy to send to everyone here who needs it.

Note: its for P64 users, im not sure if it matters or not but just thought id let you know.

in the mean time while i learn to hack, does anyone have a small theory they want me to try out or anything to check on and research whether its a small crack found or a starnge area behind a wall etc?

JaredDSMan 14th February 2006 01:47 PM

I have a suggestion. As we all have seen (for those who have read all this topic), there has been ideas about in which order the SnS items should be collected. When you see the pictures that Mumbo shows you what order are they in? I believe they are chronological from TTC to FP. Also, during that cutscene are they on TTC beach? Do you think there is some level connectivity from JRB since Blubber just leaves from the ocean? The camel does the same thing by leaving in HP, both of these occuring in BT.

??? 14th February 2006 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomario
im still learning to hack but at the moment im completing 1 file with all 90 jiggies, all 900 notes, all 115 mumbo tokens collected and 75 used for transformations with 40 left over and max eggs and feathers which after finished i will make this savestate of and ill be happy to send to everyone here who needs it.

I'd like to have it. Is it for BK or BT?

Bomario 14th February 2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ???
I'd like to have it. Is it for BK or BT?

oops i made a mistake, sorry I meant 100 jiggies so its Banjo kazooie, but im still completing it, all i know is when everythings done, the end results should be:-

100 jiggies, 98 used, 2 left over.
900 Notes.
115 Mumbo tokens, 75 used, 40 left over.

kazooieguy 14th February 2006 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skill_sphere
Your theory is
Collect ice key and see if it unlocks eggs isn't it.

Well the main troubles are how do you get the ice key, Do you type in the code (which many people think deactivate the SNS process) or do you use the Gameshark to instant wrap in there.
The other thing is what could you actually do to make the eggs appear, this is BK so you only have blue eggs and a few basic moves so just running up to nub nuts and firing eggs at him won't do anything nor will firing eggs or beakbombing the shark food island sign it just isn't a likly trigger but nice idea's.
Was there something else to your theroy i fogot to mention

almost right my theroy is that once you have the key stand in a certain spot to let the ice key open the secret areas

hatrickpatrick 14th February 2006 05:32 PM

Here's another thought I had the other day: Fungus Forest and Mt Fire Eyes were completely removed from BK, and, as such, there are NO refrences to them whatsoever in memory.

The SnS screen was not removed, and the text "stop n swop" can be seen in memory whether the screen has been unlocked yet or not.

In BT, the text Ridiculously Secret Area1, Silo 8, and Silo 9 can be seen whether these menu options have been activated or not. to clarify: Even if you havent activated them so you can see them in the menu, you can always see them in the memory.

If these areas had in fact been removed, the menu options wouldn't have remained, nor would the text in memory, as experience has shown us, no matter what else, if a level is deleted from the game before release, practically every shred of evidence that it ever existed is also removed. That doesn't square at all with the 3 areas in BT. Whats more, the 3 hidden menu options in BT can also be seen in the PAL version, and pretty much everything which is fully deleted is COMPLETELY gone from PAL. So if there's any definete lead for us to follow in BT, it's those menu options. They must still have some function; They would have been more fully hidden and disabled had their purpose been fully removed.

Has anyone tried those menu buttons on an emulator? I would, but I can't remember the activator codes for them and the Code/dev section still isn't up...

??? 14th February 2006 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomario
oops i made a mistake, sorry I meant 100 jiggies so its Banjo kazooie, but im still completing it, all i know is when everythings done, the end results should be:-

100 jiggies, 98 used, 2 left over.
900 Notes.
115 Mumbo tokens, 75 used, 40 left over.

Okay, I'd like it when you finish. How many do you have so far?

repobanjo 14th February 2006 06:31 PM

I know I should know this, but what's the Ridiculously Secret Area? Where is it? What is it?

kazooieguy 14th February 2006 07:01 PM

yes i dont belive i knwo just what it accually is.

Gaming Master2k 14th February 2006 08:13 PM

Rediculously Secret Area 1 is a silo warp option that was discovered in the memory but it can't be accessed without a GS. No-one knows where it is but I wish to use an emulator to warp there as sometimes they don't freeze but I'm unable to get a GS code to activate it.

Bomario 14th February 2006 08:16 PM

actually ive just started :P but a few gameshark codes will help me get them quick, so far ive finished up to bubblegloop swamp and started freezeezy peak.

collecter 14th February 2006 08:38 PM

I think too many old questions are resurfacing, and not being answered/or people are not reading the entire forum. We have a lot of old theories that aren't being tested. I think that someone has to scan the forum for old questions and try to devide the work up among members.

??? 14th February 2006 08:46 PM

is that Rediculously Secret Area 1 in BK or BT?

Go_Nosis 14th February 2006 08:50 PM

Ok now, knowing i'm not supposed to talk about these things on the forums, i have to word this very carefully.

*ahem*

Say I have this program, called P, then J, then a nifty little 64 on the end of that. Purely hypothetical, not saying I HAVE any such program or anything.

Now, here's the kicker. Say if whoever had this, they wanted a savestate file of Banjo Tooie DURING the bottles' party house part, because they may have figured a way in without warp codes.

(Yeah. REAAAL smooth, Nosis.)

I'll wait for PMs, and my email address is Nosis(underscore)Chip(at)hotmail(dot)com, Or, if your feeling bold you can try it yourself. Use the Transformation code to become a bumblebee in jinjo's village, and you can fly right over the walls. Camera angles are tricky, don't say I didn't warn ya!


***EDIT***

Yeah nevermind. Can't enter places in transformation. Okay, I'm fresh out of ideas on that one.

hatrickpatrick 14th February 2006 08:52 PM

Here's a thought, GM... Do we currently have any way of looking at the silo list and telling which warp location it brings you to? Because I'm beginning to get the feeling that a lot of BT's freeze digits may not actually be freeze digits conwsidering the JRL pipe, the shouldn't be here jinjo houses, and the cutscene stuff in BK which was also marked as "freeze"...

Gaming Master2k 14th February 2006 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Here's a thought, GM... Do we currently have any way of looking at the silo list and telling which warp location it brings you to?

I'm not sure, I'll have a look at the memory editor and see if I can find out where, even if I have to match it to warp digits.

I'll do this now as I have a couple hours spare until I have to go to work.

Ice Lightning 14th February 2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Here's another thought I had the other day: Fungus Forest and Mt Fire Eyes were completely removed from BK, and, as such, there are NO refrences to them whatsoever in memory.

The SnS screen was not removed, and the text "stop n swop" can be seen in memory whether the screen has been unlocked yet or not.

In BT, the text Ridiculously Secret Area1, Silo 8, and Silo 9 can be seen whether these menu options have been activated or not. to clarify: Even if you havent activated them so you can see them in the menu, you can always see them in the memory.

If these areas had in fact been removed, the menu options wouldn't have remained, nor would the text in memory, as experience has shown us, no matter what else, if a level is deleted from the game before release, practically every shred of evidence that it ever existed is also removed. That doesn't square at all with the 3 areas in BT. Whats more, the 3 hidden menu options in BT can also be seen in the PAL version, and pretty much everything which is fully deleted is COMPLETELY gone from PAL. So if there's any definete lead for us to follow in BT, it's those menu options. They must still have some function; They would have been more fully hidden and disabled had their purpose been fully removed.

Has anyone tried those menu buttons on an emulator? I would, but I can't remember the activator codes for them and the Code/dev section still isn't up...

It's good to see you're still here hatrick, you hadn't posted for a while, anyway I thought that Banjo Tooie was meant to have almost no free space left in it, so how could a few more areas fit in. Although you never know, a fully working version of Bottles Revenge was found.
Quote:

Originally Posted by collecter
I think too many old questions are resurfacing, and not being answered/or people are not reading the entire forum. We have a lot of old theories that aren't being tested. I think that someone has to scan the forum for old questions and try to devide the work up among members.

I had actually thought of doing this earlier today and started, but got bored. I will continue but it will take a while to read all 164 pages again. I was copying important posts into a word document and I was going to say when I'd finished.

kazooieguy 15th February 2006 03:04 AM

ive gto an idea, is it psosible to fimply remove the FREEZE thing from memorie? if so then it would make it so we could move around in the areas were not uspposed too can this be done?

Hollow Note 15th February 2006 03:25 PM

Man, when I left, this thing was like 20 pages long... I'm too lost now...

repobanjo 15th February 2006 05:33 PM

When I was reading this, there was a guy named Hollow Note that had really good ideas. He hasn't posted in a while, though......wait. He's right above me.

Well, really nothing special has happened, Hollow. We had some washed up theorys (backwards masking), and our current one is about BT and the Rediculously Secret Area, and about the silos transporting. I am still new with...the....hacking language, so I have no clue what is going on.

Bomario 17th February 2006 02:36 PM

ok i need to know, if say we have a completed file and got all the eggs and keys but want to start again without them.

if we have a savestate of a completed game without stop n swap activated, loaded it then went to save and quit, will it overight the orginal game memory and erase all that happened with collecting the SNS items?

in_christ 17th February 2006 02:49 PM

try it out and see, i never tryed that.

Bomario 17th February 2006 02:58 PM

i would if i could try and move banjo kazooie rom to another folder
but for some reason it still loads my other game from my other folder, i was hoping if in a different folder, and deleting teh save files that it would be an empty rom
but P64 loads my other file -_- so i dont wanna test it if it turns out to be wrong cause i always want to have an un stop n swaped game. The code Hatric gave us does get rid of the stop n swap stuff and puts them back where they were but after you load the game again, they return to your menu-_-

Fenikku 17th February 2006 10:11 PM

Ok, ok, ok. I haven't been here in a while.

Go figure.

Anyway, I'm bored and I feel the need to pick up on this one. First, Let's stop what we are doing and organize for two seconds here.

1. I have taken notice that some of you are speaking of a "rediculously secret area," and something else that involves a silo warp. Can anybody give me some kind of clue as to what this is? Is it a code, or a theory? If it's a code, can I get said code?

2. I see that with everyday that I haven't been here, you guys have been getting more and more creative with your theories and such. This is where I would like to intervene:

i. I noticed that someone mentioned something about a program that could basically rip apart all of the information. Can we do this? This could prove useful. With this, we can analyze EVERYTHING and see if there was anything we missed. I, having no hacking experience, can't participate in this.

ii. Someone also mentioned a theory about the "rediculously secret room," wherein lies the stop 'n' swop items. I can recall something about a chain of events that will unlock the room, in reference to the cyan egg room. This is a possibility, considering it has been seen in some of Rare's previous games. Although, maybe being a hacker isn't such a good thing. I mean in all aspects, you're able to find a lot of useful info, but perhaps we're missing something. Maybe we're overlooking some kind of minor piece of info. Something no one would think to look for. It's there, we just aren't looking in the right places.

I have more things to explain, but I have to go.

DemyGod 17th February 2006 10:18 PM

Mostly we havent been getting that close anymore. I remember lots of great ideas were posting, but now they are trying to find out how to get into Bottles House in BT while its locked. I think that is the "rediculously secret room". I'm still trying to help but I dont have GameShark so no hacking for me.

DemyGod 17th February 2006 10:26 PM

Sorry for double posting but this is important and I didnt think EDIT was neccassary. Go to this site and read what the guy has to say.
http://hometown.aol.de/banjostronghold/page1.html
Its a little farfetched and probally not true, but we wont know untill we try. Please someone try it and reply with the anwser. I would try it but sadly I dont have gameshark.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Google Authenticator verification provided by Two-Factor Authentication (Free) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2022 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.