The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

JaredDSMan 13th April 2006 03:10 PM

Hmm, that would be odd if the X changes colors. I can go ahead and try that. One thing also is when you go on Banjo's be in his house and you do a backflip the edges of Kazooies wings are different colors depending where you stand. I called Nintendo about it and they just said it was "lighting effects" and that is it. I only noticed it after I grabbed the SnS items. Also, typing codes in the Sandcastle Floor is not ALWAYS considered cheating since the codes for completing the Bottles' Painting Puzzles is how you get codes to type them in. I wonder if you do something in every level that has a SnS item in it you get the code. For example, in FP smashing the buttons on the snowman under a minute, or in GV feeding all the Sphinxy Heads on the outside under this amount of time.

kazooieguy 13th April 2006 05:00 PM

I cant cemment it but I belive it to be true, also thats a very good idea JaredDSman its pssble but as always there is the question of just what it is we have to do

Banjoman 13th April 2006 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Lightning
I think I may have just found something strange. You know when you go see Jingaling for the first time, he talks to you and then opens Bottels's back door, then it shows you leaving and it goes to the Meanwhile scene.

Well I have a savestate of this and while Jingaling was talking I paused it and put on the walk through walls cheat. Now, after he had opened the door instead of showing me leaving and going to the Meanwhile scene, it just went straight back to the game. It doesn't leave for me. If I talk to King Jingaling then a very short dialouge goes:

Banjo - Er, King Jingaling?
King J - That's me!
Kazooie - Tell us about your problem again...
King J - My people have been scared away, and I need you to get them all back for me.

Those lines aren't heard anywhere else in the game, are they? If I then leave it then goes to the Meanwhile Scene. How come I was able to stay in there and hear some unused speach instead of walking out autoatically?

Wow nice find! I never knew that actually!

TzTok-Jad 13th April 2006 10:22 PM

interesting... very very interesting...

i wish i had a game shark or action replay..

Theguyoverthere 13th April 2006 10:34 PM

Just get one off ebay for like 6 bucks that's what i did

TzTok-Jad 14th April 2006 12:06 AM

cant. parents dont like credit cards on line

POST 2100! WOO

Theguyoverthere 14th April 2006 04:16 AM

OOO bummer well try game stop or any other used video game place.

Dylan Yoshi 14th April 2006 04:35 AM

Quote:

I think I may have just found something strange. You know when you go see Jingaling for the first time, he talks to you and then opens Bottels's back door, then it shows you leaving and it goes to the Meanwhile scene.

Well I have a savestate of this and while Jingaling was talking I paused it and put on the walk through walls cheat. Now, after he had opened the door instead of showing me leaving and going to the Meanwhile scene, it just went straight back to the game. It doesn't leave for me. If I talk to King Jingaling then a very short dialouge goes:

Banjo - Er, King Jingaling?
King J - That's me!
Kazooie - Tell us about your problem again...
King J - My people have been scared away, and I need you to get them all back for me.

Those lines aren't heard anywhere else in the game, are they? If I then leave it then goes to the Meanwhile Scene. How come I was able to stay in there and hear some unused speach instead of walking out autoatically?

Would you mind uploading the Save State? I'd like to see this...

And on a related note, by using the code to learn all moves, you can go to the gates to Wooded Hollow from Jinjo Village. However, if you do that before you talk to Jingaling, he'll tell you to talk to him first and you won't be allowed through. I assumed this is because of being able to jump on top of the Jinjo houses near the gate and being able to reach it, but then you wouldn't be forced to go through Bottle's House. Plus, you'd skip the short cut scene where Jiggy Wiggy tells you to come to his temple.

Also, I think I read somewhere that someone got through the door to the Blue Egg by Beak Bombing Gobi when he was in front of it. If true, it was probably just a glitch.

Ice Lightning 14th April 2006 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Yoshi
Would you mind uploading the Save State? I'd like to see this...

The savestate is in the attachment. It's for the NTSC version (U) of the game. Sometime while Jingaling's speaking open up the cheats menu and turn on the walk through walls code. After it shows Bottles door opening you should be in full control again instead of being led out. Here's the code if you don't know it:

Repeater Jump/Walk Thru' Walls

8112C774 8029
8112C776 1000
D1081084 0800
80291004 00FF
D1081084 0400
80291004 0007

Benjo Koolzooie 14th April 2006 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s.w.a.t
For te last time, the ice wall explodes.

Evidence? It may very well do, but you can't proclaim "for the last time", in a despaired tone, when you aren't 100% sure. The ice walls slide to the side and in to the walls as you know, maybe they did slide? If Rare wanted the wall to explode, then they would not have "slid" and "hidden" the walls in 2 halves within the wall. They'd have exploded removed the sprite itself. Like with the X barrell. In fact, If I recall, glicthing the camera up near Gobi's door reveals that that door has also "slid" up thru thr roof. But i can't be sure.

Of course, perhaps there is no animation at all. perhaps something happens, and the doorways open with no animation/eggs just appear.

s.w.a.t 14th April 2006 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
Evidence? It may very well do, but you can't proclaim "for the last time", in a despaired tone, when you aren't 100% sure. The ice walls slide to the side and in to the walls as you know, maybe they did slide? If Rare wanted the wall to explode, then they would not have "slid" and "hidden" the walls in 2 halves within the wall. They'd have exploded removed the sprite itself. Like with the X barrell. In fact, If I recall, glicthing the camera up near Gobi's door reveals that that door has also "slid" up thru thr roof. But i can't be sure.

Of course, perhaps there is no animation at all. perhaps something happens, and the doorways open with no animation/eggs just appear.

I HATE THIS. They put them there because they needed to put it out of sight. Just like the "destroyed" door fragments and like Grunty's Eyes. Did her eyes go right into the ground? No. Did the door disspear? No.

ChillyDark 14th April 2006 11:52 PM

I have a theory Grunty's Lair reflects the condition of Grunty herself she was defeated and she lost an eyeball so the lair did the same, CCL's elusive Glowbo Cave might be promising if we just hack out a GS code that will let us enter it we might find some clues there.

TzTok-Jad 14th April 2006 11:57 PM

9sn't there a way hackers can "un-make" the game? like.. remove things? change entrance codes? like got Rare did it when theywere making the game?

ChillyDark 15th April 2006 12:21 AM

There probably isn't my friend unfourtunatly unless RWP's Icemario and SubDrag unveil some impressive new GS codes that allow us to do that. Then we just have to wait or find the remains of SNS.

DemyGod 15th April 2006 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChillyDark
I have a theory Grunty's Lair reflects the condition of Grunty herself she was defeated and she lost an eyeball so the lair did the same, CCL's elusive Glowbo Cave might be promising if we just hack out a GS code that will let us enter it we might find some clues there.

Wasn't her eye always screwed up. You have to beak buster her right eye to get the jiggy in the room with the TTC puzzle. The lair's eye is screwed up. You have to shatter her right eye to get a jiggy. Whats up with her right eye? What does th Glowbo Cave have to do with it anyway?

dmoss 15th April 2006 12:59 AM

It's probably a very simple (non-elaborate) Riddle of some kind. You somehow add the fact that grunty has One Eye, and her last name "Winkybunion" together, to get a cheat code. I'm sure when the original plan for SnS is released, we'll kick ourselves for not thinking of it...

-Daniel, :banjo

TzTok-Jad 15th April 2006 01:07 AM

without her right eye, her lst name is Winkybunon. perhaps it means Witchyworld's bun on somthing?!!?! is there anyone in eather game named winky? PERHAPS WE SHOULD USE A BUN ON WINKY!!!!

Ice Lightning 15th April 2006 01:12 AM

I'm pretty sure it was her left eye that was damaged all the time. Now if you look up the word bunion, the meaning is
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dictionary.com
A painful, inflamed swelling of the bursa at the first joint of the big toe, characterized by enlargement of the joint and lateral displacement of the toe.

Also, Winky, wink, eye. What does a mutilated toe and an eye have in common?

You may as well just ignore this post, it probably means nothing at all.

ChillyDark 15th April 2006 02:50 AM

If this is the code we've been looking for we will be famous if not it doesn't hurt to keep trying new things. Maybe the Glowbo cave has more meaning not what fake Rare member Bob said the glowbo cave might have been originally used to hold the SNS items or maybe it still does. But no matter what the day will come when the secret of SNS will be dug up.

s.w.a.t 15th April 2006 02:55 AM

Quote:

And technically, they don't slide into the wall. They warp to some place beyond the wall.

DemyGod 15th April 2006 06:56 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty sure it was her left eye that was damaged all the time. Now if you look up the word bunion, the meaning is Also, Winky, wink, eye. What does a mutilated toe and an eye have in common?

You may as well just ignore this post, it probably means nothing at all.

It is HER right eye. It is left to us becuase thats how we see it. But it is HER right eye becuase it's on HER right. :approve:

Yuoko 15th April 2006 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TzTok-Jad
9sn't there a way hackers can "un-make" the game? like.. remove things? change entrance codes? like got Rare did it when theywere making the game?

Of course, if you don't mind re-coding it...
Which is still hard to do with Banjo-Tooie, and it's 'Fire wall'...

Soulreaper41392 15th April 2006 07:44 PM

Wasn't there a character in the old Donkey Kong Country games named Winky? He was the frog wasn't he? I'm pretty sure this is correct.

And by the way when you said that without her right eye her last name is WinkyBunion? I don't understand, someone enlighten me.

Yuoko 15th April 2006 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soulreaper41392
Wasn't there a character in the old Donkey Kong Country games named Winky? He was the frog wasn't he? I'm pretty sure this is correct.

And by the way when you said that without her right eye her last name is WinkyBunion? I don't understand, someone enlighten me.

Yeah, I think's the Spider...

Ice Lightning 15th April 2006 08:29 PM

Quote:

Her surname is Winkybunion. If you take away the right 'i' it becomes Winkybunon, not bunion.

s.w.a.t 15th April 2006 09:14 PM

Quote:

Her surname is Winkybunion. If you take away the right 'i' it becomes Winkybunon, not bunion.

So?

Ice Lightning 15th April 2006 09:49 PM

I was explaining what TzTok-Jad said to Soulreaper when he said
Quote:

Theguyoverthere 15th April 2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theguyoverthere
Hey everyone just to let you know there are no secret codes in BT, only 12. I was messing around in the code chamber and typed CHEATO then A then some other letter and got the "WRONG!" noise. THen I typed CHEATO again, then typed B and some other letter and got a wrong noise and I tried it with every other letter and they all are wrong so no more codes i guess... And I do know that it makes the noise on the letter after the wrong one, just so ya know.

But you never know there could always be secret codes...

Just thought I'd bring that little piece of info back up. I don't think there are any more codes that you can enter in the code chamber, as I've experimented with every letter

Soulreaper41392 15th April 2006 11:25 PM

YEEHAW! Once again Yuoko is wrong!

Just kidding! I just checked, Winky IS in fact, the frog from DKC. The spider.......ermm I can't remember his name.

Dylan Yoshi 15th April 2006 11:34 PM

Quote:

The spider.......ermm I can't remember his name.
Squidder.

And I think Gnawty was the name of the beaver enemy from DKC.

Soulreaper41392 16th April 2006 12:13 AM

Indeed it is.

Yuoko 16th April 2006 12:37 AM

Quote:

YEEHAW! Once again Yuoko is wrong!

Just kidding! I just checked, Winky IS in fact, the frog from DKC. The spider.......ermm I can't remember his name.

Bah, never play DKC anymore.

Benjo Koolzooie 16th April 2006 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s.w.a.t
And technically, they don't slide into the wall. They warp to some place beyond the wall.

Either way, no one has hard proof if they do or don't. Unless a cut scene is found. The end

ChillyDark 16th April 2006 02:42 AM

Quote:

Either way, no one has hard proof if they do or don't. Unless a cut scene is found. The end

SNS isn't over yet I'm not giving up till every section of the memory has been checked by Icemario and Sub. SNS will live on for a time we will probably find the meaning of Glowbo cave and all of that other SNS like crap and learn something from it.
Edit: Benjo Koolzooie sorry for the misunderstanding.

Soulreaper41392 16th April 2006 03:40 AM

Well, the way I figure it, in the future we will know how to do SnS. So what if we ask someone from the future? The only person I can think of from the future is Phil. We should ask Phil of the Future to tell us how to do SnS!

Just kidding.

TzTok-Jad 16th April 2006 04:26 AM

yes.. once we ask him. i'll eat him.. then i'll kill him.. and swop him to my plate again and reppet for ever!

Benjo Koolzooie 16th April 2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChillyDark
SNS isn't over yet I'm not giving up till every section of the memory has been checked by Icemario and Sub. SNS will live on for a time we will probably find the meaning of Glowbo cave and all of that other SNS like crap and learn something from it.

Where once in my post did I say SNS hunt was over? I think you made that up yourself.

What is glowbo cave?

TzTok-Jad 16th April 2006 02:54 PM

Quote:

What is glowbo cave?

i'l not really sure, but can it be a cave with a glowbo in it?

Yuoko 16th April 2006 05:32 PM

Glowbo Cave?
As far as we know, just some text in Banjo-Tooie's Memory.

ChillyDark 16th April 2006 05:37 PM

Glowbo cave probably has nothing to do with SNS it was just an idea.
Maybe it's just a buch of pixels (I think that is how you spell it) that make up a cave and have nothing in it wherever SNS is GC has nothing to do with it. Winkybunion doesn't either. Blackeye was or is the most pormising just need more good memory finds then SNS's puzzle will be put together I know my theory's of SNS are pointless and will never work.