The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Stop N Swop Station has Arisen!! (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5105)

ChillyDark 4th July 2006 07:43 PM

It is strange why it froze my game, when entered.
That could mean if I found the coding for the Quaqmire door.
I might have also found the trigger.
If somebody was to do something, to make it not freeze...
The door might open, and the secrets within revealed.
It could be SNS that is inside.
Edit: Made a crappy video on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWSC_CjitJk

Hylian1 4th July 2006 07:57 PM

Sweeet! It looks like we could be on the verge of it all being solved! We need some more hackers to try it out as well like Hatrick or Ice Mario or Subdrag. You could have possibly found it here, Chillydark!

ChillyDark 4th July 2006 08:07 PM

Here is another finding video.
The mystery goes deeper.

Hylian1 4th July 2006 08:10 PM

That's the code you just found?

ChillyDark 4th July 2006 08:14 PM

81135D30 4424 or replace with 2b03.
We may have found it.
Or it might lead to "SNS doesn't exist.".
It's a discovery whatever it is.

Hylian1 4th July 2006 08:21 PM

I have to leave right now, so i won't be able to see your response until I come back tonight, but how in the world can you tell that is a discovery or anything? I believe you by all means, but I know nothing of Gamesharks or all this coding stuff. So I'm just curious to know how you can tell.

ChillyDark 4th July 2006 08:24 PM

1. Game froze, it usually doesn't freeze like that with my emu.
That is all I can tell, I don't know why, but I am that curious as to what it does.
Maybe it was orginally used to open Quaqmire door, but they removed it.

dmoss 4th July 2006 08:27 PM

What makes you think that, Chilly? I'm confused as to why you connect that with the Quagmire Door...

ChillyDark 4th July 2006 08:29 PM

First up, I searched Quaqmire door, then it was translated to hex, searched on 32 bit unsigned, and I found it.
That is how I found it, no joke.
For further information please PM me.

auhin 4th July 2006 09:13 PM

Hmm.. This has definitely been posted before, but I always thought that the Quagmire Door just led to the dock where the Rusty Bucket Bay level took place. Just like how Treasure Trove Cove is supposed to be "right next to" Jolly Roger's Lagoon in Banjologic.

ler 4th July 2006 09:51 PM

I'd love to search around there but Nemu(which is the only emulator I know to have debugging tools) doesn't work for me. Any suggestions?

ChillyDark 4th July 2006 09:59 PM

This is from another topic.

ler 4th July 2006 10:12 PM

I get an error message about missing "bp_da.dll". :(

ChillyDark 4th July 2006 10:19 PM

Try this one then.
I'll tell you how to search for it later.
Good Luck.

ler 4th July 2006 10:35 PM

I got some other freeware hex editor instead before I saw your post, and made some savestates in Jolly's Inn, one before I do the seagull trick, and one after. I'm going to search around there a bit.

Edit: Okay this one doesn't work out too well. I'm going to check out the other one.

pinkbull 4th July 2006 11:54 PM

He uhh. Is there a guid on how to use Hex wrokshop because I have no idea how to really use it exept for searching.

ChillyDark 5th July 2006 12:01 AM

It's right here.
This should help anybody who needs help on HW.

Hylian1 5th July 2006 06:21 AM

So right now the biggest mysteries revolving around Banjo-Tooie is the Quagmire Door and Jiggywiggy's Super Special Challenge. It seems to me like both of these are key to Stop N Swop's completion. Perhaps both even connect with each other somehow...

BanjoPL 5th July 2006 03:47 PM

We should try beat Jiggywiggy Super Special Challange in 45 seconds.
My record is 49.
In BT are 90 jiggies.Half of its is 45...Rare style?

ChillyDark...Can you search in BT memory words"chosen one" or "super special"? If you will found Jiggywiggy text after beating super special challange correctly then answer will reveal...
Now i again try beat this challange in 45 seconds.Its very,very hard!!!
Thanks for your work!
The answer is very close...

slaphappy 5th July 2006 04:26 PM

Chilly, I'm confused. I've read your posts and watched the videos but don't quite get what you're claiming. If you change the address 00135D30 from 4424 to 2B03 the emualtor throws an exception. And that is somehow related to the Quagmire Door and you believe it is potentially an activator of some sort?

Is that a correct summary, or did I overlook something?

BanjoPL 5th July 2006 05:22 PM

I have another idea.
One of Devil Bottles pictures in GBTG is placed the same as Bottles' picture in Banjo House in BK.We know that Bottles'Puzzle Game in BK is familiar to Jiggywiggy Super Special Challange in BT.Maybe Rare give us another hint.
If Bottles'Revenge is SNS prize then only way to unlock it is activate SNS via complete super special challange!
I don't believe that completing JWSSC will unlock Bottles'Revenge.What chosen one code has to BR?Chosen One is hint to Stop N Swop.Player must be chosen one and then he can activate SNS. I'm think that JWSSC is the key to SNS and SNS is the key to unlock Bottles'Revenge.Its just ideas guys...

BanjoPL 5th July 2006 05:29 PM

GBTG have most SNS hints at all...Rare tell us something but we don't analize their secret messages to us.They show us in GBTG Devil Bottles pictures and look-Bottles'Revenge really exist in BT.

BanjoPL 5th July 2006 05:36 PM

Its give you 7 codes to use in sandcastle.But it has NOTHING to Stop N Swop.The last code change Banjo to washing machine.

Hylian1 5th July 2006 05:48 PM

In Bottles' House in Banjo-Tooie, on his wall by the dinner table is the very same picture of Bottles that Banjo has hanging in his house. I've tried the same trick of looking at it in certain areas to see if something similar would happen with that picture where a puzzle game or something would come up like in Banjo-Tooie. But unfortunately, nothing ever happened. But perhaps I just wasn't standing in the right spot...

ChillyDark 5th July 2006 06:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey, guess what, I found the text in the memory.
Just by searching chosen one.
How do you know this will work?
It could be Rare's trap.

Hylian1 5th July 2006 06:49 PM

.... I have NO IDEA what in the world that it is. lol Care to explain how you can tell that is text?

ChillyDark 5th July 2006 06:53 PM

Sorry, I couldn't take a better screenshot.
It says this:
0033accc then it says: 11CC 22C2 1C16 0012 0010 2110 1100 0000 012C CCC0 6660 0600 6011 1111.
Off Topic: Grey is in the Admin CP, better watch out guys.

ChillyDark 5th July 2006 07:03 PM

This may seem confusing but...
Value (The text)= Chosen One
Hex= 4368 6F73 656E 204F 6E65
Then you go to 32 bit unsigned long.
Now it's:
Value: 4368 6F73 656E 204F 6E65
Hex: 1011 0000
That is what it means.
Sorry if I am inactive, my B-Day is coming up.

Hylian1 5th July 2006 07:05 PM

I... am... so... lost... lol

Have you tried it again to see if maybe the game doesn't freeze again?

ChillyDark 5th July 2006 07:11 PM

Yes, but this came up when I said I had 90 jiggies.
Jiggywiggy: 126 Me: 90.
Could we be revealing SNS as we speak?
Or will this turn out that this was what was the supposed answer to SNS.

Hylian1 5th July 2006 07:45 PM

I've just come up with where the 126 jiggies number comes from! So here it is:

In total, there are 90 Jiggies that we have in Banjo-Tooie. After the secret level, which should have 10 more, that would give us a total of 100 in Banjo-Tooie. If you count the total number of Jiggies on the Monolith in Jiggywiggy's Temple, there are 24! Now, add 100 plus the 24 and you have 124! Afterward, using Stop N Swop, you could be able to swop over the 2 extra Jiggies from Banjo-kazooie making you're total number of Jiggies 126!!

ChillyDark 5th July 2006 08:14 PM

Wait, I checked it again, it says *gasp* 128 Jiggies.
Maybe the Jiggies in Banjo Kazooie DO have a use after all.
This is a big discovery, congrats to me, and to the whole group.

Hexadecimal 5th July 2006 09:04 PM

I'm completely lost. But I love how everyone pleasantly ignored my question wondering if Bottle's Revenge isn't as stable as everyone seems to think it is.

Don't the flowers in CCL cause the game to crash in Bottle's Revenge?

I lack a file that's there, so I can't test it.

slaphappy 5th July 2006 10:09 PM

I'm with hexadecimal on this.

I cannot follow what you guys are getting all excited about. 128 jiggies? SNS is about to be solved? Memory areas that throw an error and finding Chosen One in a text search. Good luck, but I don't have a clue.

As for BR, let's just say it's playable, but it's clearly not bug free. Which leads one to the conclusion that Rare didn't finish testing/debuging it, or the GS Codes to activate it are missing something. I tend to lean towards the first.

The promising thing is they left the coding for it. Does that mean it was so integrated in the game that they couldn't remove it. That leads to hope that the coding to set the SNS memory push may still exist. And hope is what keeps us going...