The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Gaming (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Discuss games you've been playing (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52271)

Frankie 4th December 2013 04:28 AM

Discuss games you've been playing

We have one.

So recently I just got Castle Crashers and I gotta say, I've been missing out.
Anybody here wanna play Multiplayer with me sometime? I'll also play Terraria and portal 2!

Derek 4th December 2013 05:15 AM

I've been playing A Link Between Worlds, I have almost 100% it. I'm on world 7 in Super Mario 3D World. I'm on chapter 5 in Ryse. I've also been playing Fallout New Vegas and There's No Time To Explain.

DarthConker 4th December 2013 06:27 AM

just finished the main story of Arkham Origins on PC. still have a shit ton of side missions to complete since I only focused on the story.
also have been playing a lot of modded New Vegas before that, and probably gonna snatch up a few games on Steam pretty soon.

30-50 feral rats 4th December 2013 01:41 PM

Currently playing through Saints Row IV, and will probably go through Dishonored and Far Cry 3 after. I feel like I want to get these and whatever else I've not completed done so when Christmas comes I won't be in a position where I'll either neglect new games or old uncompleted games.

DementedSun 4th December 2013 03:27 PM

I'm playing Mr. MaGorium's Grammar Emporium.

You should too.

Also:
Pokemon X
Animal Crossing: New Leaf
Kingdom Hearts HD
Skyrim
Zelda:Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3d World

Esteban Colberto 4th December 2013 04:20 PM

Been playing A Link Between Worlds. The baseball minigame is completely ruining the experience for me though. I mean, challenge is cool and all but it has literally nothing to do with any of the mechanics you've learned over the course of the game. It throws a brand new set of rules at you and says okay get used to it. I've been at it for two years. It's ****ing horrible and the worst part is it's harder than anything in recent Zelda games. How the **** did this make it past playtesting?

Jackjack71 4th December 2013 04:33 PM

Jumped back into Age of Empires II a couple days ago.

Haven't played GTA V/Online in a while, but that game will keep me occupied 'til Christmas.

Derek 4th December 2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oz the Gay and Powerful (Post 1178248)
Been playing A Link Between Worlds. The baseball minigame is completely ruining the experience for me though. I mean, challenge is cool and all but it has literally nothing to do with any of the mechanics you've learned over the course of the game. It throws a brand new set of rules at you and says okay get used to it. I've been at it for two years. It's ****ing horrible and the worst part is it's harder than anything in recent Zelda games. How the **** did this make it past playtesting?

This is one of the three remaining heart pieces I haven't gotten yet. It is absurdly hard and the stance in no way dictates where the ball lands. I gave up on this for now.

DarthConker 4th December 2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 1178253)
This is one of the three remaining heart pieces I haven't gotten yet. It is absurdly hard and the stance in no way dictates where the ball lands. I gave up on this for now.

is it as hard as the ball-rolling minigame in the fishing lodge from Twilight Princess? man I hated that little game.

Brian 4th December 2013 09:19 PM

Quote:

However hard it is, I'm sure it's not as hard as the Goron Dance in Oracle of Ages/Seasons :U

Smouvy 4th December 2013 09:30 PM

Quote:

Pretty much every zelda game always has a thing where it just throws completely different mechanics at you for one minigame only :p

Derek 4th December 2013 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthConker (Post 1178256)
is it as hard as the ball-rolling minigame in the fishing lodge from Twilight Princess? man I hated that little game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarFox (Post 1178283)
However hard it is, I'm sure it's not as hard as the Goron Dance in Oracle of Ages/Seasons :U

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smouvy (Post 1178285)
Pretty much every zelda game always has a thing where it just throws completely different mechanics at you for one minigame only :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMI4RQkkX5o

AndyNPC 4th December 2013 09:53 PM

I'm playing Wizardry 1 and an odd bit of Spelunky here and there. Sometimes I 'tard it up in that Minecraft server we promote at the top of the page.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oz the Gay and Powerful
Been playing A Link Between Worlds. The baseball minigame is completely ruining the experience for me though.

Wasn't that in one of the Oracles games too? If it's the same one, I remember that the trick to it was to just experiment with where you stand and when you swing. It was usually better to try to hit the ball at the end of your swing. I didn't have too much trouble with it, but it's probably a bit different in A Link Between Worlds.

Brian 4th December 2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Derek (Post 1178287)

It looks like it's about timing, not as good as this being able to adjust your own angle like this classic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLrhpHB_1To

AndyNPC 4th December 2013 09:58 PM

Yeah, that's a bit different. Do you angle your swings with the gyroscope or something?