The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Banjo Kazooie Series (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Banjo-Tooie - A very weird stuff about Old King Coal (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44633)

BanjoPL 20th June 2011 06:15 PM

Banjo-Tooie - A very weird stuff about Old King Coal

Today i have played Banjo-Tooie on my Nintendo 64 and i have played all bosses via replay machine. I have noticed that during battle with Old King Coal there is a timer with 150 seconds. Most strange is that there isn't timer during battle with other bosses.

DarthConker 20th June 2011 06:21 PM

There's a timer because if you spend too long in the heat of the boiler room you die.

Smouvy 20th June 2011 06:24 PM

No, there's bubbles for that (at least in the original fight there is). The timer IS weird. Can't say I've ever noticed it though.

BanjoPL 20th June 2011 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarthConker (Post 980709)
There's a timer because if you spend too long in the heat of the boiler room you die.

I thought about it too but it isn't solution - if you will spend too much time in boiler room you will lost all air bubles. Timer isn't needed. Also Old King Coal is one of much easiest bosses so what's reason to give you 150 seconds to beat him?

Gold Jinjo 20th June 2011 06:41 PM

It could have been left over from an earlier point in BT's development. It doesn't hurt that it's there... much easier to leave it alone than to try and remove it.

BanjoPL 20th June 2011 06:44 PM

I'm not going to speculate that is used for something. It's just pretty weird that i have played Banjo-Tooie milion times and i never noticed it before :p

Yellow Kazooie 20th June 2011 07:28 PM

if the timer reaches zero, the room will be always hot, not only when OKC says HURRR...

also, A very weird stuff? wtf

BanjoPL 20th June 2011 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YellowKazooie (Post 980740)
if the timer reaches zero, the room will be always hot, not only when OKC says HURRR...

also, A very weird stuff? wtf

Yep i know that after 150 seconds the bolier became fully open. But it's pretty weird to has 150 seconds because:

A - Old King Coal is easiest boss in game,
B - you can die before that "time is left" because lack of bubbles,

Yellow Kazooie 20th June 2011 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanjoPL (Post 980746)
Yep i know that after 150 seconds the bolier became fully open. But it's pretty weird to has 150 seconds because:

A - Old King Coal is easiest boss in game,
B - you can die before that "time is left" because lack of bubbles,

A- The timer is there to make the battle more difficult, and it STILL is the easiest boss in the game, even with the timer.
B- Yes, this is the intention of every boss: they want to kill you. :eek: Shocking news, I know

BanjoPL 20th June 2011 07:58 PM

150 seconds for easiest boss lol

Yellow Kazooie 20th June 2011 08:00 PM

what.

Jackjack71 20th June 2011 08:35 PM

I've never understood the timer, mainly because that boss takes the shortest time to beat. The timer simply isn't necessary. And I've never understood the oxygen bubbles on the side. It goes down a little bit, and then it refreshes, and does it over again. Is it even possible to die of oxygen loss in that boss battle?

Smouvy 20th June 2011 08:44 PM

I don't recall it refreshing with me :S

BanjoPL 20th June 2011 08:47 PM

During battle with OCK via replay machine, i lost 3 bubbles and 2 always left.

BKGeno4Ever 20th June 2011 08:53 PM

Coal = Fossil Fuel = gasoline = bad air = you have bubbles...
Timer is weird. What happens when timer runs out? You just die randomly?