The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

PenquinDude 14th August 2005 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zxzxi
I think, given all the possibilities, the red egg is definitely fake. A ton of the possibilities say it is one of the fake ones. Only few seem to say it's a real one.

What exactly would this secret level be anyway? Fungi Forest hehe?

I don't think it's a secret level. If there was a whole nother level, we would have found it. It would have taken up a large chunk of memory. Larger than Bottles Revenge in BT probably. Couple that with the fact we've had BK way lonnger than BT, I'd say no, but you never know.

banjooie 14th August 2005 08:54 PM

I think the yellow may be fake as its enabled via a totally different digit in the game code. See "Small discovery" thread

zxzxi 14th August 2005 09:16 PM

hmm. That would mean yellow and red are the fake ones. I can see that too. I would suggest that someone try to get the ice key, then pink, blue, cyan, green.

PenquinDude 14th August 2005 09:18 PM

My theory is that we need a frying pan, because I'm hungry for and omellette now.

zxzxi 14th August 2005 09:23 PM

Then go to the RBB kitchen and see if you can take one, which you can't. Nice joke though.

PenquinDude 14th August 2005 09:26 PM

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with SNS, but why does the Timer in View Totals stop at 102:31:00 of total play time?

EDIT: Yes, I have no life. I really have a file with over 102 hours of play time. Most of that isn't even SNS searching time. I also had a 110 or so year file on Harvest Moon Game Boy Color 2 before I lost it.

zxzxi 14th August 2005 09:28 PM

Don't know. I've only clocked about I don't know amount, a lot less than that though.

crosseyes 14th August 2005 09:43 PM

probably because rare didn't make it go any further.

PenquinDude 14th August 2005 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crosseyes
probably because rare didn't make it go any further.

But why 102:31:00? Seems kinda random.

hatrickpatrick 14th August 2005 09:45 PM

The "small discovery" probably isnt correct. It might be, but it really doesnt look like it...

zxzxi 14th August 2005 09:49 PM

I don't think the clock has any connection to the eggs or the key.

Celice 14th August 2005 10:03 PM

About the fabled secret level. We may not of found it becasue it's actually a normla level. Just cause a level has enemies doesn't mean it has to have both the level layout and enemy/event data in the same area. For example, the secret level could be Spiral Mountain. It would load the level, but only the level. Now once it's loaded, the game proceeds to load up not Spiral Mountains' enemy/event datas, but another entirely seperate block of data. Therefore, it would come out kinda like Chrono Triggers "Developer" ending, with a level reused and different things going on. Just speculation though ;)

hatrickpatrick 14th August 2005 10:15 PM

Yeah that makes a lot of sense, or it may be a part of a room which is currently sealed off, like the xbarrel or the ice key. I would think, immedietly, of the knocker doors for that theory...

DevilBottles 14th August 2005 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Yeah that makes a lot of sense, or it may be a part of a room which is currently sealed off, like the xbarrel or the ice key. I would think, immedietly, of the knocker doors for that theory...

ive been thinking about those doors lately. itd be awesome to find out what was behind them, even better if it got us one step closer to SnS

zxzxi 14th August 2005 10:19 PM

From what we know, there is nothing important behind those doors.

DevilBottles 14th August 2005 10:21 PM

Quote:

From what we know, there is nothing important behind those doors.

well, we cant be sure, because we dont know what IS behind them in the first place ;)

PenquinDude 14th August 2005 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilBottles
well, we cant be sure, because we dont know what IS behind them in the first place ;)

We don't know that rain isn't actually caused by peeing invisble unicorns. Does tha mean it is?

zxzxi 14th August 2005 10:22 PM

one has a corridor and darkness. The other has just darkness.

DevilBottles 14th August 2005 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PenquinDude
We don't know that rain isn't actually caused by peeing invisble unicorns. Does tha mean it is?

well, we DO know what rain is caused by, yet, we dont know anything solid about whats behind the doors....

Celice 14th August 2005 10:23 PM

I remeber someone here had a wire-frame shot of behind the door. It looked like either there was a wall blocking it off on the other side or it "shadied" out into darkness. Chances are, there was a cutscene that showed Banjo walking in the doors from an angle where the player couldn't see the past the doors.

DevilBottles 14th August 2005 10:24 PM

Quote:

one has a corridor and darkness. The other has just darkness.

but, you have to remember that the X-Barrel had darkness behind it, but once you activated the Cyan egg code, it was no longer darkness

zxzxi 14th August 2005 10:25 PM

Well, that does make sense.

I just can't seem to win today.

PenquinDude 14th August 2005 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celice
I remeber someone here had a wire-frame shot of behind the door. It looked like either there was a wall blocking it off on the other side or it "shadied" out into darkness. Chances are, there was a cutscene that showed Banjo walking in the doors from an angle where the player couldn't see the past the doors.

It was the tunnel form the Cut Scene where Klungo walks in.

DevilBottles 14th August 2005 10:26 PM

Quote:

Well, that does make sense.

I just can't seem to win today.

who was that directed to? i like to know whos talking to who, please :p

zxzxi 14th August 2005 10:28 PM

First sentence was to Celice.

Second was to myself.

micjohvan 14th August 2005 10:32 PM

I have said this prolly 10 times. There is nothing behind the doors. I have clipped through them and been on the other side. There is a small hallway behind one and nothing behind the other. There may be a activater switch for something back there but I doubt it. Behind the X barrel it was in fact black but I could walk on the blackness and see the water at banjos feet. So the place was there it was just invisable. There is nothing behind those doors I can walk on other then the very short hallway used in the intro scene by Gruntys helper guy. Like I said I just fall right through the floor back there.

Celice 14th August 2005 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by micjohvan
I have said this prolly 10 times. There is nothing behind the doors. I have clipped through them and been on the other side. There is a small hallway behind one and nothing behind the other. There may be a activater switch for something back there but I doubt it. Behind the X barrel it was in fact black but I could walk on the blackness and see the water at banjos feet. So the place was there it was just invisable. There is nothing behind those doors I can walk on other then the very short hallway used in the intro scene by Gruntys helper guy. Like I said I just fall right through the floor back there.

That's what I was trying to prove with my event theory :/

PenquinDude 14th August 2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

That's what I was trying to prove with my event theory :/

I think mcjohvan is saying that with the barrel, it's just the textures that aren't loaded until you trigger it, but with the doors, there's nothing, no level geometry.

zxzxi 14th August 2005 10:47 PM

Has anyone thought of use wireframe throughout the entire game and see if you see anything new?

PenquinDude 14th August 2005 10:48 PM

Yes, they have. Nothing much so far.

Celice 14th August 2005 10:51 PM

Quote:

I think mcjohvan is saying that with the barrel, it's just the textures that aren't loaded until you trigger it, but with the doors, there's nothing, no level geometry.

That's also what I was trying to prove. The doors could act as the barrels: as in, a simple event could have a pointer(warp) to the said level/ area to be loaded, therefore creating the illusion that there's really nothing behind them, when actually, there is.

PenquinDude 14th August 2005 10:53 PM

Quote:

That's also what I was trying to prove. The doors could act as the barrels: as in, a simple event could have a pointer(warp) to the said level/ area to be loaded, therefore creating the illusion that there's really nothing behind them, when actually, there is.

Didn't mcjohvan say he just fell off the level though?

micjohvan 14th August 2005 10:53 PM

Quote:

That is correct, thanks for putting into a nice short sentance for me lol. I have wireframed and clipped just about everything in the rom I have. If anyone has something that want clipped or wireframed just let me know and I will be glad to assist. In other news I just got done painting one of my 5 n64s. Its now snow white, and the power led is a high intensity Blue LED :D Im thinking about putting it on top of my 64DD insted of my normal black one thats there now.

zxzxi 14th August 2005 10:56 PM

Let's get back on topic here.

trevor 14th August 2005 10:56 PM

Why do you think its 4 out of the 6 anyway? far all you know it could be 1,2,3,4,5 or all 6 but its deleted. If its deleted would someone be able to re program it back in, like a level editor changes levels.

micjohvan 14th August 2005 10:59 PM

people are led to beleive there are 4 eggs because of a chalk board in Grabbed by the Goulies on the Xbox. The game was made by Rare and they put a little drawing on a chalkboard in the game. Im not going to explain the picture but Im sure someone else here will or will link to a picture.

zxzxi 14th August 2005 11:00 PM

Because in GbtG: there is a board that shows a picture of an ice key + 4 eggs = ?

micjohvan 14th August 2005 11:08 PM

I think it says =secret room or level

Tachi 14th August 2005 11:33 PM

Quote:

Because in GbtG: there is a board that shows a picture of an ice key + 4 eggs = ?

Well, there are instructions under the picture of four eggs, plus the key, equals the question mark.

1. Collect 4 eggs.
2. Collect Ice Key.
3. Open Secret Level.

Celice 14th August 2005 11:48 PM

Quote:

Didn't mcjohvan say he just fell off the level though?

Doesn't mean it couldn't of shown a cutscene were Banjo slowly walked into the door. Objects in a scene don't have to go by clipping, otherwise Klungo would of fell through the ground the in said scene.