The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

digidestind 17th November 2005 08:09 PM

you know, everybody is coming up with totally crazy theories. i bet that rare looks at website boards and look at all of the crazy theories,(stop n swop) and they lauph their asses off. this is problably the same thing with the zelda creators, and ocorina of time. (triforce)

Mr 3vil 18th November 2005 03:39 AM

Ok, someone said that the Banjo Pilot had a Stop "N" Swop option and it said something about swopping to a book. Well has anyone checked the instruction booklets from Banjo Kazooie? I checked out a Banjo Tooie Instruction booklet and there is something interesting in there about Grunty's Industries, probably not related to Stop "N" Swop. "All of this is watched over by an unseen, but often heard, eagle-eyed foreman with a network of cameras and a public address system. And speaking of waste disposal, you'll also find everyone's favorite sanitary hero in need of some particularly unpleasant assistance..." Wonder what it means? besides reference to Logo

dmoss 18th November 2005 05:46 AM

Best guess: Bill Drill. Isn't that what you had to do to help him? All of those rabbits had chili or something for dinner...

Mr 3vil 18th November 2005 05:49 PM

I mean the part where it says Grunties Industries is watched over by an unseen, but often heard, eagle-eyed foreman part. Who doesnt find this weird in the instruction booklet? Maybe its describing Captain Blackeye, who knows. Im sure other people have seen this before.

Benjo Koolzooie 19th November 2005 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digidestind
you know, everybody is coming up with totally crazy theories. i bet that rare looks at website boards and look at all of the crazy theories,(stop n swop) and they lauph their asses off. this is problably the same thing with the zelda creators, and ocorina of time. (triforce)

True, but there are also some good theories and some good information has been found out, even if only small.

Klungo 19th November 2005 08:39 AM

I've been thinking. You know how Kazooie says lets save this for later when you collect the ice key? Well maybe we have to smash certain BK gamepacks open in BT in a certain order and then ignore the items that come out until the game is finished 100%.

Upsilon 19th November 2005 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr 3vil
I mean the part where it says Grunties Industries is watched over by an unseen, but often heard, eagle-eyed foreman part. Who doesnt find this weird in the instruction booklet? Maybe its describing Captain Blackeye, who knows.

There's nothing weird about this. The foreman speaks several times - he's the one who tells you about the Clinkers, runs the Packing Room mini-game and tells you to turn on the extractor fan in the cable room, among other things. Remember?

Mr 3vil 19th November 2005 11:15 AM

Its possible that the "thing" is the foreman... but does that speakerphone thingy match this foreman description? Further more a foreman is a person who runs a group. I dont think there is a foreman in the game, but it might be a reference to something else. Also, the instruction booklet describes that of dragon sisters for Hailfire Peaks, why did they add that there? There is no dragon sisters, only brothers. These are the only weird things in the instruction booklet of Banjo Tooie.

Upsilon 19th November 2005 10:00 PM

Yeah, a foreman is one who runs a group, normally a building site or a factory. It's entirely plausible that a foreman would spend his time barking orders at employees through a nasal-sounding speaker system.

As for the dragon sisters... um, they got it wrong?

repobanjo 20th November 2005 12:55 AM

Well, as for the BK booklet, there is the infamous Mumbo thing. It was about you seeing his face when you overthrow Grunty. Reall though. That must have bee taken out of the game. Other then that, I think that Chilly Willy and Chilli Billy used to be sisters. Maybe they still are, but they are in drag or something.

Benjo Koolzooie 20th November 2005 01:47 AM

The game, like BK, probably had alterations to it but the booklet failed to get altered. I don't recall anything about dragon sisters in the PAL booklet though.

Upsilon 20th November 2005 09:00 AM

Well, everyone knows the PAL booklets differ radically from the NTSC ones, because they're rewritten to account for European tastes. Well, that's the best reason I can think of.

Dinoshaur 20th November 2005 09:20 AM

Guys, I think we'd established that S&S is Bull. Leave it alone, will ya?

deathchicken 20th November 2005 06:46 PM

Umm I guess 'Dinoshaur' is just asking for people to annihilate him, with their witty remarks that are such a cherished part of these forums.

Dinoshaur 20th November 2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathchicken
Umm I guess 'Dinoshaur' is just asking for people to annihilate him, with their witty remarks that are such a cherished part of these forums.

Well, I suppose what I said was harsh, but if Rare wanted us/didn't care if we found out they wouldn't shun us for asking. I like Rare (Well, I don't like them I just like their video games) but I don't like how they act to us. Get me? Huh? Anyways, you can't tell which ones you should get by speed, I'm guessing you just need to get all of 'em.

Benjo Koolzooie 20th November 2005 11:42 PM

Let's all stop buying Rare's games until Rare tell us what they intended to do with SNS and what went wrong! (Like that could happen since the move to Xbox and all the new consumers hungry for Rare's games and uninterested/unknowing about SNS).

"SNS is bull". What exactly is bull? We know the items are in the games and were once intended to be swapped over. The process may be scrapped but the hunt for a trigger in BK still lives on.

banjooie 21st November 2005 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinoshaur
Guys, I think we'd established that S&S is Bull. Leave it alone, will ya?

Flame me if you must.. but I agree. It's over! Time people moved on and get on with their **lives**

GameandWatch33 21st November 2005 05:55 AM

*Sigh* I was going to type a long and detailed post disproving every one of your points (Even though I don't think there is any.), but I think that you frankly just wouldn't understand a well-typed intellegent post. So, I will put it in a way you can understand:

StOp AnD sWoP dOeS eXiSt, n00borzzzzz!!!!!!11111

Sorry, it had to be said.

vaticandrummer 21st November 2005 07:32 AM

I have to agree with GameandWatch...there is way too much evidence leaning towards SnS in BK (possibly some loose ends in BT) to have SnS be completely non-existant.

dmoss 22nd November 2005 01:27 AM

This is true...plus, the fact that if we stop talking about SnS, you can pretty much kiss the RWP Forums goodbye, 'cause there's not really much else to talk about. Sure, we can keep making polls and stuff, but those get old after a while...anywho, I agree with vaticandrummer and GameandWatch.

hatrickpatrick 23rd November 2005 01:23 AM

There IS way too much evidence in BK to say there's nothing left. I truely believe that eventually we will find something. Hopefuly the demo control codes (which, BTW, are coming out in a few days, again, the delay was unavoidable >_>) may shed some light

Benjo Koolzooie 23rd November 2005 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjooie
Flame me if you must.. but I agree. It's over! Time people moved on and get on with their **lives**

There's absolutely no disputing it. SNS does exist in some form, full or incomplete. It doesn't make any difference if it is incomplete, it is fun looking for the SNS side present in BK.

banjooie 23rd November 2005 05:00 AM

Sorry, I wasn't trying to say SNS doesn't exist. Like you said, it must be there in some way, shape or form.

What I mean is, people should just forget about it and move on. It's just stupid.

Whats gonna happen when/if somebody *ever* finds it, eh? Will be like "yay" for about two days... and it will be forgotton.

vaticandrummer 23rd November 2005 06:52 AM

No, something that huge would make Rare websites, Nintendo websites (as well as Nintendo Power), many many other gaming magazines and a huge surge of pride from all of the hard workers at RWP (or where ever) who found it.

slaphappy 23rd November 2005 06:58 AM

[match lit]

Why should I forget about it just because *you* think it's stupid? If that's your opinion, then just move on and let us wallow in our idiocy.

[match extinguished]

Stop 'N Swop is the holy grail of video game mysteries, and I for one am thankful to everyone that has put any time and effort into it. As the saying goes: Live For The Journey, Not The Destination.

hatrickpatrick 23rd November 2005 07:59 AM

Be careful, folks, the last thing we need now is for this thread to degenrate into a flame war >_>

I've seen some legendary topics at gamefaqs deleted because of that. Including many long SnS topics

vaticandrummer 23rd November 2005 08:03 AM

Yeah, take it to PM's or an appropriate thread.

By the way hatrick, how goes the work?

digidestind 23rd November 2005 11:06 AM

off topic for a sec. what does "btw" stand for?

vaticandrummer 23rd November 2005 11:32 AM

By the way.

AlmostJinkies 24th November 2005 11:07 AM

Yeah, no more flamin'. If you wanna complain about SNS, go elsewhere, we're trying to solve it here :-)

Benjo Koolzooie 25th November 2005 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjooie
Sorry, I wasn't trying to say SNS doesn't exist. Like you said, it must be there in some way, shape or form.

What I mean is, people should just forget about it and move on. It's just stupid.

Whats gonna happen when/if somebody *ever* finds it, eh? Will be like "yay" for about two days... and it will be forgotton.

Why should they though? Just because you aren't interested in it, doesn't mean others shouldn't take interest. You aren't bothered, so don't worry about it.

Also, if this topic stops (SNS in general), then the forums would be quite dead at the moment.

This thread is venturing off topic so I suggest we wait until there is some new news or a decent theory or something before posting much else.

lamentofgrunty 25th November 2005 09:04 AM

see my theorieon sns

hatrickpatrick 2nd December 2005 07:57 PM

This is becomig a bit of a standing joke, but yet again, the damn demo control codes have me completely confused. I'm going to post the minor ones tomorrow, you'll have to wait a bit longer for the big one I'm afraid...

If anyone wants to help me out hacking them, and has the PAL rom of BK, IM me on AIM, username "hatrickpatrck" (hatrickpatrick but without the second "i". Damn squatters!). I'd really appreciate it. Experience compiling a digit list would be handy...

GameandWatch33 2nd December 2005 08:06 PM

I should be available to help you again this evening. Right now, I have to go to work though. I will be leaving at 5 (My time). And will be back around 9:30ish (My time). Then I will be free to help with the demo codes.

Also, this gives me a chance to hand over my findings and cutscene codes.

BTW my aim is thepest543.

dmoss 2nd December 2005 10:48 PM

Well, I'm glad to see the Forums are back and everyone made it home safely! Plus, don't you think it was fitting that Hatrick had the 1,000th post on his topic. Wow, can you believe that you created a topic that got a thousand posts, man? Awesome. I really am confused about codes and everything still. However, I am here to cheer you on, none-the-less!

Go_Nosis 5th December 2005 12:15 AM

Gotta be a way.

There's no doubting that Stop N Swop exists, right? While I know everyone knows this, let's dwell on exactly what we're looking for.

I know I'm looking for an activator screen. Anything that says "Now switch back to Banjo-Tooie!" or anything like that.

Why do I think it'll be that phrase? Easy. The activator of stop in swop isnt in Banjo Kazooie. Can't be. Rare would have kept it so that no one could accidently stumble on it before Banjo Tooie came out. Therefor, the activator screen would be in the incomplete Banjo Tooie that never made it to stores. Therefore, Stop N Swop wouldnt start with BK switching to BT, rather BT switching to BK, then possibly back to BT.

I think anyone who isn't very good at glitching, or doesnt have a gameshark, is helpless right now.

**EDIT**

Anyone ever think that.. Maybe in Banjo Tooie, you hot swap over to Banjo Kazooie to GET the SNS items legitimately? Then maybe you go back to Banjo Tooie to use them? That would complicate alot of stuff, AND it gives a little more insight as to why the items are there at all.

What's everyones opinion on this?

hatrickpatrick 5th December 2005 07:39 PM

I always thought the most likely explanation was that BT would give you instructions on how to get the secrets legitimately, and you could then get them in BK and transfer them over some how...

Did anyone here ever get the 100th jiggy AFTER viewing the end cutscene? You're immedietely warped back to the end cutscene so you can see the pics. I always had a feeling sns would be like that, as soon as we've got the right eggs and key the right way, something will happen. It gets a lot more complicated if we have to do something ourselves, AFTER we get the stuff...

Go_Nosis 5th December 2005 09:24 PM

Good call, hatrick.

I've been glitching video games since NES, so I'd like to help you guys. Problem is, I have all the items and no gameshark to get rid of them with.

I'll provide what little help I can, though. Theories and the like.

I'll try some sprite displacement on certain areas, anything that looks out of place, or a pheasible location for a hidden area, maybe a target zone for SNS activation (think the RWP april fools vid). If there are any, I'll do my best to find it.

Anyone who comes up with some good locations, let me know.

Peace

ChaoticTH 7th December 2005 10:08 PM

My guess as to which places have hidden extras...

Grunty's mansion and grunty's lair.

If SnS isn't located in those places, then we go back to the Eggs and ice key that Gameandwacth,hatrick, and many others, are going through now.

nuff said

slaphappy 8th December 2005 04:24 AM

Here's my 2 cents...

Based on Rare's explanation of how this process was going to work in their patent submission, some clue (image/cut scene) would be shown to us in Tooie, it would jog our memories of something in Kazooie, and we would hot/cold swap the Kazooie cart in. We would then be able to access some previously unavailable item.

The only "blatantly remind me of BK" clues to me are the 3 pictures around Blackeye and the Jukebox Seagulls glitch. Makes me think of Kazooie and TTC. Especially the lighthouse at the top of TTC (one picture and the seagulls).

BTW, I've noticed that you can activate the seagulls without firing a grenade or clockwork egg. After getting shopping around town playing on the jukebox, press start for the totals menu, and press start again to go back to the game. The seagulls glitch (or no glitch according to Rare in the scribes) will be active.