The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Rocketlex 8th March 2006 04:53 AM

That's always a possibility, but given that every door in either game (I have to imagine) has been wireframed and jumped over many times, we're not going to find anything unless there's a trigger to make the room behind the door(s) appear, and to find THAT we'll probably need to hack the game.

JaredDSMan 8th March 2006 01:56 PM

Ok, well right now I am trying to figure out what some of the "useless" flight pads are doing in BK. I will make a list of which areas they are in later but I know that some you never NEED to use in order to beat the game let alone the level. Just seems odd to me. ;)

Upsilon 8th March 2006 06:05 PM

I'd assume that they're there to give the player a bit of help. Just to make it a little easier, y'know? I'd hate to have just one Flight Pad in a level that required lots of flying.

Yuoko 8th March 2006 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upsilon
I'd assume that they're there to give the player a bit of help. Just to make it a little easier, y'know? I'd hate to have just one Flight Pad in a level that required lots of flying.

Indeed, it's just easier.
It's kinda like how Rare gave us three chances at the second Area 51 mission to blow the door open in Perfect Dark...
Extra Flight pads, wouldn't you hate having to backtrack?

Go_Nosis 9th March 2006 11:20 PM

I agree. It does make some things easier, plus I can't really remember too many times when it wasn't necessary in getting a jiggy.

Also, as much as I hate jumping from topic to topic, I have a favor to ask. There's a person here to uses the wireframe thingie alot, and well.. I'd like your help for a small task. It's probably nothing, but gol'darnit my curiousity usually gets the better of me.

I always found it weird how the entrance to Freezezy Peak was like one of those day by day christmas advent calanders. Could you possibly wireframe it, and see if theres anything around that specific wall?

Like I said, probably nothing, but whatever. Worth a shot at this point.

Also I'm sending out a challenge. If anyone wants me to check the outer borders of anything in the game, PM me. I'll check it and get back to you ASAP.

Keep in mind I'm referring to Kazooie only. Tooie is alot harder to get out of the edges in.

Theguyoverthere 10th March 2006 12:02 AM

Yeah there was a big thing about the Advent calendar thing. Maybe there's a way to go to that secret level and here the music "Advent"? Which is supposed to be a hidden level that you can only get by Gameshark?

Bomario 10th March 2006 12:15 AM

i used wireframe mode and unfortunatly no secret room...

s.w.a.t 10th March 2006 12:20 AM

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/5...nap00003jv.jpg
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5...nap00018uk.jpg
http://img414.imageshack.us/img414/9...nap00021om.jpg
There's nothing there. :(

Bomario 10th March 2006 12:22 AM

thanks s.w.a.t saves me the trouble...

HOWEVER...

wireframe doesnt detect the room behind the X barrel, soooo there may well be something hidden by a certain event. It is a more suspicious area after all, since as many pointed out that the hidden music is called Advent and the calender is an advent calender...ooooh the plot thickens :p

Edit: there is another thing i noticed, the patuclar banjo and kazooie pose on the calender is the same as the box art and cartridge which shows banjo in Fungi Forest, but the calender shows freezeezy peak as sir slush is in it, this could be another FP+FF connection and i dont think this was pointed out, was it?

Theguyoverthere 10th March 2006 12:36 AM

Yes it has, I saw it on this one website while googling how to get into the Advent level. Here's the URL:
http://www.geocities.com/banjordan/b...onnection.html

Go_Nosis 10th March 2006 02:35 AM

Thanks guys, that takes a lot off my mind.

Banjoman 10th March 2006 12:21 PM

Well, I think came upon something. While hacking around MMM, I looked through the barrel where the egg is supposed to be, before entering in the cheat. All I see is black. Now when I enter the cheat the area with the egg is clearly visible. So this brings me to my point. The big Knocker door, looking behind it, also has a black area. While searching through BK, I also came upon the text, "ridiculously secret area." I'm guessing if we can figure out the cheat for the riduulously secret area, we might be able to open the big knocker door and the area will be visible to us. Something is defiantely back there. I was examing the door and saw the texture on the floor changed from the mellow green floor, to a yellowish sandy texture in front of the door. Not only that, but there is an erry green glow behind the door, that flickers like it's some sort of area. I checked the second door to find nothing. So something is up with that big knocker door. Just a theory.

Go_Nosis 10th March 2006 02:22 PM

Wait, there is a ridiculously hidden area in BK too? That sounds like a major discovery. (Someone correct me if it's been found before.)

Also, no. I'm sorry, but I've been behind the barrell in Mad Monster Mansion before you activate the code. You can walk around as if the room is there, but invisible. And you cannot collect the egg as it's not there.

The knocker doors (I'm assuming you mean the ones in the tower, in the beauty machine room) are different. I've been there too. You fall, down down down and yeah; nothing.

But back to the initial sting of the first discovery. Is there actually a Ridiculously Secret Area in BK? Methinks that may be good news. Could you take a picture of the text for us?

dmoss 10th March 2006 02:22 PM

Good Work...

You know, you guys are getting really in-depth! Some great things to think about! Theguyoverthere...that website was a pretty good find! They brought up some profound things! So, all-in-all, I think it's good that you're all still diligently working. :approve:
---
EDIT: Over at the RIDDLE Forums, I made a Thread, specifically for SnS. Over there, you can go crazy with your ideas, and not get flamed. Just wanted to let you know! You can find the link in my Signature... :)

-:banjo

The Jinjo Jinjo 10th March 2006 04:39 PM

A Rediculously secret area in BK now too?

It is the game that never ends...

Ight 10th March 2006 04:53 PM

I want proof of "Rediculously Secret Area" in BK. eg; screenshot of coding.

in_christ 10th March 2006 05:24 PM

(banjoman) quote : I also came upon the text, "ridiculously secret area."

where were you located when you found the (ridiculously secret area) text
in the memory? let us know so we can go to the same spot and try it ourselves.
thanks.

Banjoman 10th March 2006 07:22 PM

I found the text near the big knocker door. I'll have a screen up soon. Right now I got school.

in_christ 10th March 2006 09:37 PM

Does anyone else think that a more scientific aproach would get us closer to
solving SNS? I think that when people report a find, they should give the
following info so the incident can be documented so we don't keep doing
the same thing over again. Plus we all will have the info so we can investigate
the report as well. This way we can cut down on fake reports and things that
have already been thuroughly investigated.

it would be a good idea to mention if you are using a rom or cartridge,what
emulator, what cheats you have activated, if you have the secret area's
unlocked, if you have the secret items or mention which secret item you
have collected. What area you were at when you found the item of interrest.
If possible a screenshot of the find. I'm sure someone
else could come up with
a more detailed report list than mine, So if anyone would like to make it feel
free too. If you think this is a stupid Idea post that also. I think it would help
us all to be more organized with are reports.

Hollow Note 10th March 2006 10:38 PM

I think in_christ has a point. Scientific would be good. (Not scientific notation, mind you. That stuff's evil!)

However, I think we should have a sticky topic of discoveries. Both big and small. Because I'll bet that there are hundreds of little discoveries in this one topic alone, but no one would really want to read through 120+ pages of posts. See what I mean? If we could have a center for debunking or proving discoveries...

Maybe I should make a website for this one topic alone. In review, I mean...

Rocketlex 10th March 2006 10:46 PM

How about a wiki?

Banjoman 10th March 2006 10:47 PM

I agree with in_christ. Maybe setup some sort of list?

Soulreaper41392 10th March 2006 11:37 PM

well i dont know if youve said this before or not, but I dont think we were supposed to get the ones that just "magically appear", such as the ones in MMM, RBB and CCW, but then again........ in CCW in the squirrels house...... the thing on the table DOES look like an Egg.

and in an observation, doesnt it seem like we were gonna need some sort of really power full move to get to some of the Eggs? Think about it. I noticed that when I entered the Ice Key code, it looked as if the ice wall had been SMASHED not melted! and the "1881" barrel must have had to been smashed opened by something powerful seeing as it has the metal X on it. and the door.......well it could be either opened normally or SMASHED. maybe we had to get the move, come back to BK use it to get the things then bring 'em on back to BT and use 'em. anyone notice this?

dmoss 11th March 2006 12:57 AM

Yeah...kind of like: Use the Grenade Eggs for the Barrel; use the Fire Eggs for the Ice Wall...that kind of thing? Maybe a Clockwork Kazooie Egg for Nabnut's House?

Lemmiwinks 11th March 2006 02:19 AM

I searched RSA with Nemu64 but didn't get anything. However, that may be because of Nemu itself. I did find "STOP 'N' SWOP ARE YOU SURE A - YES B - NO", but I'm sure that's old.

s.w.a.t 11th March 2006 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmoss
Yeah...kind of like: Use the Grenade Eggs for the Barrel; use the Fire Eggs for the Ice Wall...that kind of thing?

I think he meant use the frenade egg on both, since the ice wall explodes or collapses, not melts.

Skill 11th March 2006 09:07 AM

The wall of ice before the ice key is not smashed it slides back into the wall this was found awhile ago. And therfore there is no way of breaking the wall.

Lemmiwinks what you found is only the menu SNS and the Save and quit info you see on the menu it goes view totals and at the end is SNS then after that is the comfirmation to quit playing the game someone explained this really well just few pages back, so if i'm not making sence then check back a few.

Go_Nosis 11th March 2006 02:21 PM

I wouldn't want to bring back the "Which eggs do we collect, and in what order" debacle, but there IS still hope for it.

Read soulreapers post. I remember talking about that one myself, the Some eggs seem to already be there, and some eggs seem to just "appear" once activated. Here's the list;

Pink: Always there, hidden in Shark Food Island
Blue: Always there, in behind the golden door in Gobi's Valley

Red: Not there, you have to activate it to make it appear on the captains bed.
Yellow: Not there, gotta activate it to be at Nabnut's place.
Green: This is the loggo one, right? Yeah, it gotta be activated.
Cyan: Despite popular belief, this one must be activated too. If you get yourself behind the barrel using any means that isnt the sandcastle cheat, you're walking in complete blackness. the shape of the room is there, but just black. The podium the egg rests on is there, but the egg isn't.

Now the trick lies in asking why. WHY are some eggs naturally accessable and some eggs aren't? I used to believe that all we needed were the ones that are in the game without activation, but now.. Now I'm not so sure. In Grabbed by the Ghoulies, the whiteboard (even though I'm sure alot of people know its a joke) says:

(?) (?) (?) (?) + (icekey) = ?

And:

1. Get Ice Key
2. Get eggs
3. Activate secret level (someone correct me if I'm wrong, I have a memory like a goldfish.)

Point is, they may have been joking, sure. But why put in 4 eggs and not 6? Rare isn't the type to just blatantly give us wrong info, they avoid giving ANY info by using carefully worded responses.

Soo.. I'm thinkin' maybe we just need the 4 that require activation. Anyone's thoughts?

Soulreaper41392 11th March 2006 04:23 PM

what if we need to get the 4 eggs that magically appear? like the first 2 are used in Tooie, the others in BK? Last night when I was in RBB, in the room with the bunk beds, I saw that there was a door that didnt really look like it was JUST a texture, it seemed like it could be opened. so maybe we do something to open the door and there is something in the door that makes the Egg appear.

and I know this is gonna seem stupid, but what if the "magic" eggs are just INVISIBLE. maybe we need something to see them.

EDIT

Just to mention something that isnt really too related to this but if Rare DIDNT mean to include all this stuff, then how come in all the interviews, whenever they make a dumb mistake theyre all like "oh dear. we didnt mean to do leave that in the game. oops." that sounds like they DID mean to and they wanted us to find it. so yea, a bit off the topic, but it makes a good point.

swopandstop 11th March 2006 05:10 PM

Wow this is still going on? Crazy.

The search continues... =0

Banjoman 11th March 2006 05:51 PM

One thing I've been curious about is the secret messages Mumbo gives you. Maybe somehow there connected to SNS. I'll look into this and let you know if anything develops.

kazooieguy 11th March 2006 07:51 PM

okay guys its time we start to do this objetively, so chose to help me more not is up to you, you see i am a girl of action i hate disgussing and not really doing anything so can everyone please post exactally what discoverys have been found, and then also post the best pic of the GBG borad they can find, ill enhance with some photo software and check the borad for more info,

its time to really kick it up a notch so please guys help me ouyt here, as for hackers ill need you guys as well so if you can hack in any way post it and ill organize a search through the game based off ofthe discoverys and on the borads data, we can do this guys, somone here said not long ago that we needed a leader to organize our search so guys if youll let me id like to take that role and find the truth once and for all!

please lets do this everyone!
Kazooieguy

Yuoko 11th March 2006 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomario
thanks s.w.a.t saves me the trouble...

HOWEVER...

wireframe doesnt detect the room behind the X barrel, soooo there may well be something hidden by a certain event. It is a more suspicious area after all, since as many pointed out that the hidden music is called Advent and the calender is an advent calender...ooooh the plot thickens :p

Edit: there is another thing i noticed, the patuclar banjo and kazooie pose on the calender is the same as the box art and cartridge which shows banjo in Fungi Forest, but the calender shows freezeezy peak as sir slush is in it, this could be another FP+FF connection and i dont think this was pointed out, was it?

Hm...
I remember seeing the slightest edge around where another hole would be on a real Advent Calandar, since my N64 has the habit of glitching, and showing the lines around an entrance before you're supposed to know about it. *shrug*
Eh, I doubt it has much significance...
And, Rare enjoys making us jump to conclusions, and making us hate them...
^_^

Theguyoverthere 11th March 2006 09:31 PM

I just thought of something... Ceiling coding. All levels with flight pads have it so you don't fly out of the level (it has a ceiling) but levels like Spiral Mountain and others without flight pads don't have ceiling data so you can moonjump up into the void and endup back where you started. What's interesting is that the beauty room with the two doors HAS ceiling data and so does the rest of the lair in that part. Now why would that be?

The Jinjo Jinjo 12th March 2006 12:38 AM

Because why would you build an evil lair without a ceiling? It could get afully drafty.

Theguyoverthere 12th March 2006 03:41 AM

hahaha very funny

kazooieguy 12th March 2006 06:16 AM

and of course no one paid attention <sigh> oh well my requests stand if someone would mind helping me

Mr 3vil 12th March 2006 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kazooieguy
and of course no one paid attention <sigh> oh well my requests stand if someone would mind helping me

Sure we did, but you need to know how to hack though. Anyone who wants to join in should read a "How to Hack" guide. If not, use the GS Codes you have now and search the game.

http://www.ryan-barlow.com/arhq/ is a really good site with a hacking guide. This site has been made for archiving purposes for GS Central, which is kind of gone as of now. The hacking guide is the same as the GS Central one. :D

swopandstop 12th March 2006 07:38 AM

I know this has been addressed before but what's behind the two doors in the Transformation room? Can anyone even get behind them with like walk through walls or something?

They look fishy. I bet thats where you stop n swopped. ;)

Mr 3vil 12th March 2006 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by swopandstop
I know this has been addressed before but what's behind the two doors in the Transformation room? Can anyone even get behind them with like walk through walls or something?

They look fishy. I bet thats where you stop n swopped. ;)

Nothing is behind there but pitch black. Also... can you change your sig? I doubt a lot of people appreciate your opinion that :rare wh*re. Never know, young kids might read this and learn from us.

EDIT: Nevermind then about your sig.