The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

pinkbull 20th June 2006 05:19 PM

Ok I thought I'd compile all the codes discovered in this topic and put it all in one place, my site. All credit goes to slaphappy and hatrickpatrick to finding the codes. Here is the link.
http://www.geocities.com/greatixist/NTSCBKcodes.html

Campusanis 20th June 2006 08:31 PM

Quote:

If you collect the first egg banjo says something like: "Oh a secret egg, there must be some place where we can use this..."
If you collect the ice key he says: "Oh a gaint ice key, we ought to keep this for later..."

To me this sounds that at least one secret egg has to be used somewhere in BK, and the ice key is for BT.
I'd rather think, the eggs were for BT and the key for DK64.

JaredDSMan 20th June 2006 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Campusanis
I'd rather think, the eggs were for BT and the key for DK64.

Yea, I always thought that also. Crystal Caverns is where I would guess it could be used. :confused: So I have been thinking about just wildly making GS codes for Bk/BT. I know this may sound dumb but I have made some interesting things happen some games. Like Mario Kart 64 had a stretched out Lakitu and in Pokemon for GameBoy had the Nurse Joy leave the building. So I am going to go and try to mess around with "randomness". :D

Dylan Yoshi 20th June 2006 09:45 PM

I just noticed something interesting... Remember this beta screenshot shown in the DK64 SNS special?
http://www.rarewitchproject.com/gall...img=betabk.gif
Well, the picture on the wall was replaced with a picture of Tooty in the final version of BK. That picture is the ONLY remaining object in Banjo's house in BT. Normally I would pass this one by, but I've always been suspicious of Banjo's house in BT. There's nothing to do there. Nothing. Why put it there if there's nothing but a cameo in it? They could have easily made a boulder tumble down on top of it when Grunty casts her spell.

DavidNel 20th June 2006 11:33 PM

I think once you get the SNS stuff you may have to do something in the part of the game where your telling the game what file you want to play on. Like when the bed springs randomly, that means that there are variables in that part of the game. Maybe there is a code that would prompt you to switch carts at that point.

PS: I love random guesses...

The Pizza Boy 21st June 2006 12:13 AM

In case anyone was wondering if there is a stop n swop screen in BT, this is what you get if you shark to the screen to the right of Keep's menu:

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/1070/zoimg4sq.png

EDIT- On a random whim, I'm gonna see if there is a screen to the right of stop n swop in BK...

DemyGod 21st June 2006 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pizza Boy
In case anyone was wondering if there is a stop n swop screen in BT, this is what you get if you shark to the screen to the right of Keep's menu:

http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/1070/zoimg4sq.png

Very odd. Do we ever see that C mark?

mikesgm6 21st June 2006 12:17 AM

[offtopic]LOL dude I use GM to xD[/offtopic]

Oh snap freaky pic maybe a bug

Ok im willing to host my site as BK-BT sns stuff just send me a pm of what you want the page to be on and I'll probably host a list of known coeds or something..

I'm not trying to advertise im just trying to help out http://t4online.com/mikesgm6

The Pizza Boy 21st June 2006 12:34 AM

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9153/zoimg27va.png

mikesgm6 21st June 2006 12:37 AM

Hey pizza boy will it be ok If I re host those?

The Pizza Boy 21st June 2006 12:38 AM

sure.

The Pizza Boy 21st June 2006 12:47 AM

I wonder if there are any secret ijggywiggy puzzles...

pinkbull 21st June 2006 02:04 AM

You might want to fix that double post The Pizza Boy before it makes people mad. Anyway it seems me and mikesgm6 have a little compitition for our sites. Anyway I've posted this a few times and I'm super serial. We need hackers like Ice, slaphappy and Subdrag. I'm starting to learn how and I'd like to post the great site Hatrick Patrick posted awhile ago. If you have time and are sirious to learn how to hack. Then please try this site. It works very well and has been created by some well known hackers.
Here's the link. http://web.archive.org/web/200503190...Text/hackv500c
Oh and Icy Guy I didn't know you helped that guide kudo's to you.

Campusanis 21st June 2006 12:24 PM

I would try to hack even little things just for the fun of it, but I don't have a Gameshark Pro and even if, I would be afraid of corrupting my game.
And then, I don't know how to use emucheat. :/

collecter 21st June 2006 01:25 PM

Does anyone know where/how to get a GS Pro cheap? I really want to help, but I don't have one.

pinkbull 21st June 2006 03:12 PM

One word. eBay. You can get em for like $7.

mikesgm6 21st June 2006 03:15 PM

Ebay..
xD I posted 2 seconds late >_>

and pionkbull its not mearly ready :P

The Pizza Boy 21st June 2006 07:46 PM

So noone has any comments about this?
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/9153/zoimg27va.png

Zy0n7 21st June 2006 08:25 PM

I don't find that screen so strange, probably the stop n swop text simply got merged with the totals screen

mikesgm6 21st June 2006 08:57 PM

Yeah its suspicous but I Really think that you can pretty much move any text like that around, with just a bit of haxing

Campusanis 21st June 2006 09:51 PM

And if I remember correctly, the memory of BK says "STOP'N'SWOP" somewhere in the menu area, whereas BT doesn't. I like everything that looks suspicious or strange, but this just looks like glitching to me. ;)

Theguyoverthere 21st June 2006 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theguyoverthere
sorry to talk about something different, but i might have some info on cutscene types. OK so i'm playing BK using 1964 emulator and every time i talk to bottles (when he jumps out of his molehill) or hit a witch switch orsome other stuff, the game doesn't show that cut scene but instead like freezes the frame before it starts then when it ends it goes back to normal (though you can hear the noise of the cutscene) Now, normally freezing would be bad but this might help define different types of cut scenes because it can show you the big movie scenes like the intro and stuff but no little ones. Interesting...

SO, is this an OK find? Is it a find? Is it anything close to a find?

supuhchris 22nd June 2006 02:45 AM

that's interesting.

only, what about the other 2 eggs? i'm not sure wether to believe there is still sns or what, but it might work. i think i'll wait until someone tries this and succeeds or fails with it.

BanjoPL 22nd June 2006 08:12 AM

Maybe ice key was connected to three games?You can found key in BK,then swap to DK64 and unlock something then swap to BT.I'm think that DK64-BT link was dropped because you can found ice key in BT now.But maybe BK-DK64 link is not dropped?

mikesgm6 22nd June 2006 09:35 PM

I thought we established that already..

supuhchris 22nd June 2006 11:28 PM

i read on the faq that at one point the ice key was actually meant to open the treasure chest in tooie. we know thats not what it's for anymore

Yuoko 23rd June 2006 03:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theguyoverthere
SO, is this an OK find? Is it a find? Is it anything close to a find?

Sounds to me like it's just bad emulation.

supuhchris 23rd June 2006 03:49 AM

so is anyone actually willing to try this?

i've seen a whole bunch of replies to this but no one saying anything about it working. i'd try it but i ordered a gs of ebay, but it hasn't arrived yet. i have an emulator but thats harder to control.

Theguyoverthere 23rd June 2006 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuoko
Sounds to me like it's just bad emulation.

But why would it only be with only CERTAIN cutscenes....
w/e ur probably right

Harv 23rd June 2006 06:19 AM

As is the case for many people, I've been browsing this site here for years, but only decided to join to try and contribute to this massive SnS topic.

This subject has always fasinated me, and I've looked around for any clues I could for the longest time. Although almost anything I ever spotted was mentioned here, there is one thing I don't recall anyone ever mentioning, and it's always struck me as weird, so I'll bring it up in case it actually might mean something.

Now typically, from what I remember, normal friendly NPCs (Boggy, Gnawty, etc) can't have any sort of damage done to them whatsoever. However, Wozza is a little different. If you use the "egg laying" move (whatever the one you use to fill Leaky is called, I can't recall) on him, the eggs will break, while if you did it on other NPCs, they'll simply bounce off of them.

Now what I want to know, is why does Wozza cause the eggs to break? It leads me to believe the he either can, or was able to take damage at one point. Now maybe I'm a complete moron and eggs break on some other NPC that I can't recall, but to the best of my knowledge, he's the only one. I'd go check but I live in a house with 4 guys, and getting TV access is difficult, so I can't check it out right now, but I'll check it out again sometimes soon, and make sure I'm not mistaken.

Anyway, I'm sorry I had such a long winded post for such little information, but I felt the need to contribute to this somehow. Sorry if this is totally useless.

ChaoticTH 23rd June 2006 11:07 AM

Hello everyone.

As you can see, I have returned after a...3-4 month hiatus.

But during the later parts of that Time Period, I downloaded PJ 64 AND a Banjo-Kazooie Rom.

So, now, I can assist verbally AND physically.

Though, there is the problem of my PJ64 system lagging...

dmoss 23rd June 2006 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harv
Now typically, from what I remember, normal friendly NPCs (Boggy, Gnawty, etc) can't have any sort of damage done to them whatsoever. However, Wozza is a little different. If you use the "egg laying" move (whatever the one you use to fill Leaky is called, I can't recall) on him, the eggs will break, while if you did it on other NPCs, they'll simply bounce off of them.

Now what I want to know, is why does Wozza cause the eggs to break?

Welcome to the Projects, Harv! Wait...that didn't sound right...anywho! You know, no one has mentioned that before, and you bring a very interesting point to the table. Perhaps at one time you needed to battle Wozza for the Ice Key? I'm not one of the Hacker/Checkers, so nothing that I say can be very helpful. :p However, I must say that your argument is truly valid. Cheers! :rwpunch
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticYoshi
Hello everyone.

As you can see, I have returned after a...3-4 month hiatus.

Welcome back, CYoshi! Nice to see you. :)

DemyGod 23rd June 2006 03:40 PM

I think they break off Wozza because he is an object in the game that actually walks in the game. He is known for going back and forth but usual characters in the game like Boggy just sit there and talk. Wozza actually moves, so maybe thats why the eggs break on him. Because he can be in one place and move to another but the game reckonizes that Boggy is standing there.

kazooieguy 24th June 2006 06:20 AM

I agree with demy on this one, and as a side note ,

im back everyone =)

BanjoPL 24th June 2006 10:18 AM

If you use Nemu 64 memory editor on BK and search"Advent" word then you'll found:ADVENT RACE

Its looks like Boggy race in FP.Why Rare titled this Advent Race?

ChaoticTH 24th June 2006 04:13 PM

Hmm, interesting find BanjoPL, I think we have a side-mission to go alongside SnS!

pinkbull 24th June 2006 04:46 PM

Well I just realized somthing. If when we find SnS there will beone problem to people who want to acivate it. You'd have to own both games and the gameshark. An emulater would not work because you'd need to have 4 megs of data saved on the RAM while you switch and there is no emulater that I know of that can do that. Sombody might be able to program one but I'm not sure. Anyway good job on those finds.

samf 25th June 2006 03:44 AM

It's been too long since i've been here so I don't know if this has been brought up

but you know that whole 4 eggs and ice key theory? Well, who said anything about it being in Banjo Kazooie? Don't you get four eggs and an ice key in banjo tooie? Shouldn't we be looking for our answers THERE!?!?!

ChaoticTH 25th June 2006 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samf
It's been too long since i've been here so I don't know if this has been brought up

but you know that whole 4 eggs and ice key theory? Well, who said anything about it being in Banjo Kazooie? Don't you get four eggs and an ice key in banjo tooie? Shouldn't we be looking for our answers THERE!?!?!

We're trying to look for answers in both games, I'm assuming.

And plus, there are rumors that Rare never inputted SnS into Banjo-Tooie...:-/

Harv 25th June 2006 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemyGod
I think they break off Wozza because he is an object in the game that actually walks in the game. He is known for going back and forth but usual characters in the game like Boggy just sit there and talk. Wozza actually moves, so maybe thats why the eggs break on him. Because he can be in one place and move to another but the game reckonizes that Boggy is standing there.

I got a chance to play around a bit with Banjo-Kazooie yesterday, and I don't think that's the case, since if you do the egg lay move to Blubber, they pass right through him, and he wanders around a bit himself. Not as much as Wozza seems to, but I couldn't imagine that would make much difference.