The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

ultramegadude 19th July 2006 10:57 PM

i really dont think that the seagulls theme would be a glitch. just listen to it. it sounds like a perfectly normal song like it was meant to be in the game. it just has to be there for a reason

dmoss 19th July 2006 11:00 PM

I don't think we're on the same wavelengths here, Ultra...:D

I don't think that the Seagull Track is a glitch, either. A while back, Rareware even said that they were appaled that anyone would call it a glitch. Therefore, it's not a glitch. :)

ultramegadude 19th July 2006 11:02 PM

lol no i was talkin about topmonhit. i know wut ur sayin dmoss

Topmonhit 19th July 2006 11:05 PM

Yeah, I know they said that, but they didn't go right out and say it wasn't a glitch.

By saying they're appaled that it was called a glitch, they could be saying they're appaled that anyone would think that a game made by such a great company could have any glitches. Like a joke.

Just like the GBTG blackboard. Is it a hint, or are they just messing with us? I myself have never tried the seagull thing, so I don't really know. I'm just thinking of all the possibilities.

ultramegadude 19th July 2006 11:07 PM

ya u gota point. o well someone will figure it out soon enough

Dylan Yoshi 19th July 2006 11:19 PM

Well, I guess this is worth mentioning... Clockwork Kazooie can work the Jukebox. He can't talk to anybody, he can't use Warp Pads or Silos, so why should he be able to use the Jukebox?

ultramegadude 19th July 2006 11:24 PM

o ya.. and it doesnt work if u use a cwk egg to use the jukebox and then go blow it up behind blackeye. there be no seagulls

kingpaco 20th July 2006 12:56 AM

here is what i think:

has anyone noticed how the treasure chests near blackeye look suspiciously similar to the entrance to ttc?
i think that we were originally suposed to open the treasure chest and when we did, we would jump inside and activate some sort of sns screen. if it was successful banjo would warp into ttc where the island would be raised and we could get the egg
i also think something like this may have involve the quagmire door as well
i don't really have any ideas on how the other items would have been activated though

this is just my thought on it and i am sorry if somebody came up with this before me, i don't read every single post

BanjoPL 20th July 2006 09:24 AM

In PAL BT I can't activate seagull via playing SAT then detonate CK behind Blackeye.I'm think that seagull must be activate legally-via playing certain songs in certain order.
Some members ignore my ideas and possible said"You are stupid" but i very hard work on Jukebox.I analized and tested some theories.This is intesting: Jolly STRANGE text:"I like dance Salty Seaman Shanty".If you looked to menu then you'll found:
SALTY DUMPLINGS $3
SEAMAN SUPRISE $5
3 and 5...
And when you go to Jukebox as CK or with turbo trainers and play JRL song:ex.SAT-after 10 seconds song will stoped.But you can swap to other JRL songs:TOWN and AQUATIC before song stoped and play full JRL song.This exist in US and PAL BT so this is not glitch.Why song stopped? Seagull song looks like"mix" of TOWN and SAT songs...STRANGE.
SAT-Shopping Arround Town
CK-Clockwork Kazooie
I will tested this:Play as CK TOWN and SHOPPING 8 times:You know 3+5=8
Or playing one song 3 times and another song 5 times...
I'm think that menu have HINT to Jukebox puzzle-not only"sex" jokes...

kazooieguy 20th July 2006 06:28 PM

I agree with you, its very very possible

XvMystarEgovX 20th July 2006 09:18 PM

...But if Stop'N'Swop was completely taken out of BK, therefore, leaving no way to connect to Tooie, why would a Treasure chest in Tooie lead to a level in Kazooie?

I'm not saying anyone is wrong, but hey, no one has even solved S'N'S within Kazooie yet. The codes to obtain the Ice key and the Special eggs were found - Alright, we got them. But maybe that was the extent of it. I, for one, think it was. ..Since in Tooie, we must collect some of the eggs AND the Ice Key all over again.

I think S'N'S was an idea, that Rare ONCE had in mind. You guys know how much they love to toy with us.. i.e. - the blackboard in Grabbed by the Ghoulies, the pictures of Capt. Blackeye in Mad Monster Mansion.. sadly I think it's more of a prank than a connection.

ultramegadude 20th July 2006 09:30 PM

neato.

BrokenBanjo 20th July 2006 10:22 PM

Hackers should be united

Ice Mario And SubDrag should return and try to work something out with other hackers. They could go deeper with the Super Special challenge and the jukebox so called "Glitch". Yes theres talk about these theories but were getting no where. And the admin are no where tio be seen...the news page hasnt been updated for 2 months and the FWC is over for nearly two weeks. We should really gather and start more talk about this...because were getting no where honestly. Whose with me?

Dricenticore 20th July 2006 11:22 PM

Er... Subway is "retired" and IceMario probably thinks it's a waste of time.

And in response to the last page, according to my theory we HAVE unlocked SNS in Banjo Kazooie, But it is the MIDDLE LINK. Rare said "Go BACK to kazooie". That means that the first link [(If any, I am not claiming that SNS exists, I in fact don't think there is much of a chance)] is in TOOIE and NOT kazooie. In the SNS process[(Read those four words CAREFULLY before you tell me that kazooie was not built around SNS. I know it wasn't)], Kazooie is only a place to shove the items before you grab them.

Mr 3vil 21st July 2006 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanjoPL
In PAL BT I can't activate seagull via playing SAT then detonate CK behind Blackeye.

You can play "Shopping Around Town" and then shoot a Clockwork Kazooie egg and use the Jukebox by hitting "B" again. This activates the Seagulls without blowing up the Clockwork Kazooie and lets you use the Jukebox again. Try this on a PAL game and see if this is the actual way to activate it.

BanjoPL 21st July 2006 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr 3vil
You can play "Shopping Around Town" and then shoot a Clockwork Kazooie egg and use the Jukebox by hitting "B" again. This activates the Seagulls without blowing up the Clockwork Kazooie and lets you use the Jukebox again. Try this on a PAL game and see if this is the actual way to activate it.

I'm afraid that not works.When i playing"Shopping Arround Town" and fire CK then "normal" Jolly's music start again.But this is strange.Music play again.Level music stop and play again.I'm think that Seagull exist in PAL version but is very hidden.

Did someone activated Seagull in PAL BT?

Dricenticore 21st July 2006 11:04 AM

Doesn't hatrick have a PAL version? If so, he probably has.

BanjoPL 21st July 2006 11:11 AM

Maybe Rare put trap? If player destroy Jolly's door(where silo is) then he can't activate Seagull?

Dricenticore 21st July 2006 11:12 AM

I don't think that would be the case, but what would I know. My evil older brother sold our BT pak a LONG time ago.

Nice idea anyway. Damn rare and their Hypothetical traps...

BanjoPL 21st July 2006 11:16 AM

You know...when you destroyed door then you not listen DING sound and Jolly said something sad...TRAP?

Some of RWP member have right:The one of chests(the bigger) in JRL really looks like TTC entrance chest in BK! Its looks like that chests have connection!

Maybe this:
1.Doing something with Blacky and Seagull-big chest opens.
2.Jump inside and insert BK.
3.Go to SFI and collect pink egg.
4.After collecting egg chest in MMM opens(in Blackeye's Bedroom)
5.Throw egg to chest.
6.Insert BT.
7.Go to Jolly's and collect pink egg from small chest.
8.Activate Bottles'Revenge.

Its just idea but maybe "released" SNS has only connection with ice key(DK64) and pink egg(BT)?

Rare promotial images included only ice key and pink egg...

icegod 21st July 2006 11:42 AM

When you play songs on the jukebox, sometimes the camera shows jolly dancing, his dances are allways different. Maybe there is more to that than we think?

Dricenticore 21st July 2006 11:44 AM

Or maybe jolly is just having standing random seizures?

BanjoPL 21st July 2006 11:44 AM

This is another"strange" element in Jolly's! THIS PLACE IS VERY WERID!
And Jolly's is most "SNS" place in Banjo-Tooie...Maybe this is Stop N Swop Room? Rare on Scribes said something that ANIA is the code to use in SNS Room...maybe this code to Jukebox?...or JOKE.

BanjoPL 21st July 2006 12:01 PM

I will checked this too! Maybe its joke but you never know...

dmoss 21st July 2006 03:32 PM

That's an interesting idea, about Jolly's dances. He does seem to dance rather randomly, though. It almost seems that there should be something waaaaayy more complex to do with the Jukebox than just being able to listen to BT songs, that you can access by just going to a certain level. I'm with Icegod on this one. We should examine Jolly's dance patterns and the CWK egg theories. :)

BanjoPL 21st July 2006 04:01 PM

I agree.There is more to Jukebox.Seagull is proof about this.We should work on activating Seagull legally.Certain songs and certain order....

Otacon 21st July 2006 04:18 PM

Good to meet you guys this is my first post, anyways, from what I can tell, Jolly's dances are not the same each time you play a preticular song, there is more than likely a randomi9zation code, for the animationof him danceing, the varing dances are randomized...however the songs in different orders certainly, makes scence, like a cheat code, without the usall method?

Dylan Yoshi 21st July 2006 05:40 PM

Here's something interesting about the Jukebox... The character head next to Witchy World is randomly Big Al or Salty Joe. The menu for Witchy World's themes always has Big Al's head.

Otacon 21st July 2006 05:59 PM

thats interesting, Iwonder why thats randomized....

Theguyoverthere 21st July 2006 08:26 PM

I just thought of something (I know, it's a first :))
The "JUKEBOX" cheat requires "all" 25 cheato pages (which brings me to another subject described later). However, if you are lazy (like me) you would have just typed it in backwards so u didn't have to get the 25 of them. Now, if the jukebox was such a great deal, why have the backwards cheat for lazy people? I mean, if it does unlock SnS they don't want it to be as easy as typing one code backwards, they would want u do collect the 25 cheato pages, right? So, I think that if u typed it in using the backwards method that maybe that you won't get any further than the seagul music, no matter what you do. But if you do it the legit way, maybe something will happen.

Secondly, when I went to Cheato with 25 pages he gives me the cheat. I talk to him again and he just says like he always does something like "Every 5 pages I can give you something". He doesn't even say "You have collected all my pages! Congrats!" or somethin. Lazy programming by rare, or more cheato pages?

Otacon 21st July 2006 08:36 PM

goo question prolly just a lazy programmer but I agree with you, theres prolly a peice of code that enables you to get rest if you went through the normal channels but isent that the only cheat that can be typed bacwards? I thoguht almost all of them, are type CHETO then the code

Theguyoverthere 21st July 2006 08:41 PM

Nope, all cheats that cheato gives you can be typed in backwards. From KCABYENOH (honeyback) to FOORPLLAF (fallproof) they can be typed in backwards.

Otacon 21st July 2006 08:47 PM

oh well my mistake

Theguyoverthere 21st July 2006 08:54 PM

It's ok :)

So.... about that theory thing.... anyone else wanna say anything? :)

pacino_man 21st July 2006 11:15 PM

Ok this is my first post here and i am currently reading through this whole topic and i had a question. I started a new game and the only stop n swop item i have is the pink egg. I started a new file just to play through it again and i noticed that skark food island was available for me to enter time i got to TTC. I would love to help with this so im in.

Edit: Also, i dont remember ever having to do anything for my pinke egg. I never had a gameshark or put in the sandcastle code. I just beat the game 100% mumbo showed me and i went there and got the egg.

hatrickpatrick 22nd July 2006 12:37 AM

If we had an (M) code for tooie, we could check out the challenge 16 rumor, but the problem is that BT still crashes constantly whenever we try to edit anything...

We need to have another look at that cutscene mod though... There's gotta be another activator, since there are definetely some cutscenes which aren't mapped onto the activator we already have...

pinkbull 22nd July 2006 01:00 AM

Wow it's almost 200 pages and still no SnS. But we are difinatly made alot of progress.

Mr 3vil 22nd July 2006 01:18 AM

I've started replaying BT and noticed a few things odd. The area CCL is one of them. One of them would be the shooting game inside the pot of gold. The cheese wedge also acted considerably weird. When I paused my game, it acted differently compared to pausing in other levels. Probably means nothing, but never know.

Dylan Yoshi 22nd July 2006 01:34 AM

Elaborate. HOW did they act different?

Mr 3vil 22nd July 2006 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Yoshi
Elaborate. HOW did they act different?

It loads faster inside the cheese wedge and makes more sound as opposed to a regular pause screen. Its not elaborate, too broad. :)

Reason why I find the Pot O Gold interesting is because of the center and the colored eggs used. I notice how there is a huge pink egg in the center and four eggs surrounding it. Each egg can match a "?" egg maybe and may relate to the GBTG board. Not to mention the weird way Grunty keeps asking you to play it, if you decline she says "this game is too good for you anyways"