The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Otacon 22nd July 2006 04:20 AM

has anyone atempted to use action replay for tooie? its possible that theres an M code for the game there, if thats true then that should give usa starting point,

ChillyDark 22nd July 2006 08:44 AM

There are many things in the world of Rare that relate to SNS.
We could be overlooking something important.
Maybe Rare placed SNS in the most unlikey place in the game, a place nobody would search.

bobbynicjr 22nd July 2006 09:32 AM

maybe it has something to do with another game, possibly donkey kong

Upsilon 22nd July 2006 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr 3vil
It loads faster inside the cheese wedge and makes more sound as opposed to a regular pause screen. Its not elaborate, too broad. :)

The reason the pause menu looks different inside the Cheese Wedge is because your air meter's already present. The vertical movement of the air meter, which adds an extra dimension to the pause screen, is one of those things that you don't notice until it's gone.

BanjoPL 22nd July 2006 05:29 PM

Wow! 200 pages!!! And yes...Poto'o Gold is another werid location in BT-I beat it in 33 seconds and Grunty said that i must beat it faster..."My game is too hard for you"...Maybe this releate to SNS but actually i work on Jukebox.

I agree with ChillyDark.Maybe Rare put SNS is not expected place.You know name of secret area in BT-Radicously Secret Area 1
SNS is/was? RADICOUSLY SECRET.The answer is in Banjo-Tooie!

Don't forget about Rare answer in March 2005 Scribes(after Bottles'Revenge discovered):
"The guys at The Rare Witch Project has pretty close to solve Stop'n'Swap"

BrokenBanjo 22nd July 2006 07:41 PM

Does anyone have something new about the jiggywiggy super special challenge 16??...Im pretty sure thats a big part in SNS.

DemyGod 22nd July 2006 07:42 PM

How are you sure?

BrokenBanjo 22nd July 2006 08:46 PM

Because I find that it makes a lot of sense with evrything related to SNS. Like there are 10 challenges that we have access now. We found that # 16 exists in thetext form at least....11,12,13,14,15,16....thats 6 other challenges...6 secrets eggs??...and that quote thats written all around jiggywiggy on signposts..."When fortune smiles,here will be written the jiggy secrets"..prehaps madame grunty in WW???...i dunno...just theories...maybe you need to beat the super special challenge in 30 secs or less....and go see madame grunty and enter the cheat code chosen one you are....

ultramegadude 22nd July 2006 08:56 PM

madame grunty only gives u the code to be able to read those sign posts. and they tell u how to get each jiggy in each level

BrokenBanjo 22nd July 2006 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultramegadude
madame grunty only gives u the code to be able to read those sign posts. and they tell u how to get each jiggy in each level

Oh...must have forgot that...been ages since i've completed the game..thx

ultramegadude 22nd July 2006 09:14 PM

no problem man

BanjoPL 23rd July 2006 03:03 PM

Yeah...numbers 11-16 on Jiggywiggy Challanges possibly releate to SNS....
Idea:
Challange 11-ice key
Challange 12-pink egg
Challange 13-cyan egg
Challange 14-green egg
Challange 15-red egg egg
Challange 16-yellow egg

Blue egg is poison...In BK Kazooie names it as "stupid egg"But i think actually that SNS has only connection to pink egg(transfer from BK to BT to unlock Bottles'Revenge) and ice key(transfer from BK to DK64 to unlock DK64 secret level,maybe next transfer to BT to unlock something in Glowbo Cave)
Possible activators:
pink egg-Blackeye/Seagull/chests in Jolly's
ice key-Glowbo Cave in CCL

This is my recent SNS ideas not theories!!!!

Campusanis 23rd July 2006 04:12 PM

But why would we get the 16th challenge by a glitch and not the next one, i.e. number 11?
Btw, were there really 10 usual challenges in BT? I don't quite remember...

Topmonhit 23rd July 2006 09:49 PM

Let's see, the 8 levels in BT, then there was a puzzle to open Cauldron Keep, and wasn't there a puzzle to open up the room with the BOB or whatever? (I can't remember, I used the cheat to open all the levels in BT when I rented it...)

And that could be something like that. Or, since you get 2 eggs in BT, maybe you would get the 4 other eggs and Ice Key (whether it's another one, such as the one from BK, or if it's how the Ice Key was going to be gotten originally) and the 16th challenge would be what you must do to make the eggs and key activate or something.

Or, it might have nothing to do with SNS and challenges 1-16 gave you codes like the ones Bottles' gives you in his puzzle challenges...

Speaking of which, do the codes appear in the memory or whatever where the other Sandcastle codes can be found before you complete Bottles' puzzle challenges? Because like MMM's cellar Barrel Green Egg, the area in the barrel doesn't actually appear until you activate the code. If Bottles' codes are similar to that and they don't appear then maybe there are more codes to be found... of course, I may just be confusing everyone because I don't know anything about hacking and the green egg area probably appears in the memory just not in the game so yeah ignore this paragraph if you dare.

Dylan Yoshi 23rd July 2006 10:06 PM

Remember the text on Blackeye's hat? Well, I noticed that you can see them on the back of his hat as well, only it's backwards. It looks like "midT *something*"

Dylan Yoshi 24th July 2006 12:07 AM

Sorry 'bout the double post, but this could be a pretty big discovery. The second word (first if you look at the front of him) looks like Buk. Buk is the Polish word for King. The T in the midT I mentioned before could be an I. Thus making it Midi King.

Midi King is a website that sells Midis and MP3s. I doubted I'd get anything from it, but I decided to search for Blackeye. I found three Irish Traditional songs. Two of which were Jigs and Blackeyed Sailor.

Coincidence?

dmoss 24th July 2006 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Yoshi
Coincidence?

Oh, I think not. :p

Seriously, though, good sleuthing on your part! Never know...have you listened to the songs, yet? Maybe you can hear something in them...about a bird, maybe? HeeHeeHee...we're getting way off of the beaten path, now!
---
EDIT: Holy crap! 3,000th post! :D

Silent-Scope 24th July 2006 12:18 AM

What????

Dylan Yoshi 24th July 2006 12:27 AM

To prevent VG from cueing the angry mob, I'll say he helped a lot with that. There. You happy, single poster?

*cough*

Anyways, I can't listen to the MIDIs without buying them. But if this isn't related to SNS in any way (which it probably isn't), that's where Blackeye probably got his name.

Topmonhit 24th July 2006 02:19 AM

I figure Blackeye got his name from Blackbeard, and since a Black Eye is... something where someone has an injured eye or something (I dunno) they did that as some weird pun or joke or something.

...just like how I have a character I made called Pinkeye. >_>

But this is ophph topic.

Mage0Death 24th July 2006 02:49 AM

I was thinking... maybe the things in the pictures shown ARNT required? Just thought that this might lead somewhere

Theguyoverthere 24th July 2006 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
I'll get the 3000th, you see if I don't. :P

hahaha... I remember that from a while ago... Looks like Dmoss beat ya to it :p

collecter 24th July 2006 01:21 PM

If someone can hack the GS code for challenge 16 why can't someone find out how to get challenge 11?

ChillyDark 24th July 2006 10:22 PM

This is the biggest, longest, and ultimately popular stickied topic about SNS in the universe,
Anyway, everyone knows that one item in the game activates JWC16.
It has to be something not thought of yet, maybe a button code, activates a secret BT debug, where you can program the game, make your own levels, etc.

Isaac 25th July 2006 02:10 AM

Hi guys...I didn't came here for a while and I just want to know the last news about the SnS...I know that some of you are talking about JukeBox, Seagull Musics, Black Eyes, but I don't understand anything about that, if someone could explain...

Oh by the way, someone already said it but when I listen the JukeBox as "robot kazooie" (if I can call it like that) and listen the track "Shopping around the town", the music stop after a while...It's the only one to do that...Whatever.

EDIT : I just want to know something...on the SnS team forum there was someone that found how to make play the TTC from BK music in JRL...He said that if we play SaT Town Aquatic, SaT etc. then shouting a clock egg in the center of TTC picture then explode behind the chest, we could hear it...I tried, but what I heard was the outside theme (the main lagoon theme, outside of shops) and hearing Seagulls...Is it what you're talking about?

Airman 25th July 2006 10:00 AM

Where can you get a gameshark from?

BrokenBanjo 25th July 2006 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChillyDark
This is the biggest, longest, and ultimately popular stickied topic about SNS in the universe,
Anyway, everyone knows that one item in the game activates JWC16.
It has to be something not thought of yet, maybe a button code, activates a secret BT debug, where you can program the game, make your own levels, etc.

Yes your right something activates challenge 16 but what about 11?? and all the others...if the game is really programed for us to play those challenge...we will unlock challenge 11 before 16...or prehaps theres just challenge 16 left because they didnt delete it.But can someone try to find a way to hack tooie...and try to find text or somehting about other challenges.

Dylan Yoshi 25th July 2006 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac
Hi guys...I didn't came here for a while and I just want to know the last news about the SnS...I know that some of you are talking about JukeBox, Seagull Musics, Black Eyes, but I don't understand anything about that, if someone could explain...

Listen to the Jukebox's Shopping Around Town theme and blow up Clockwork Kazooie in Blackeye's room. Oh yeah, and if you cold swap after doing so, Banjo-Kazooie's intro will mess up. And it only works once.

Quote:

Oh by the way, someone already said it but when I listen the JukeBox as "robot kazooie" (if I can call it like that) and listen the track "Shopping around the town", the music stop after a while...It's the only one to do that...Whatever.
Interesting. Someone should try listening through it the whole way and then doing what I stated above.

Quote:

EDIT : I just want to know something...on the SnS team forum there was someone that found how to make play the TTC from BK music in JRL...He said that if we play SaT Town Aquatic, SaT etc. then shouting a clock egg in the center of TTC picture then explode behind the chest, we could hear it...I tried, but what I heard was the outside theme (the main lagoon theme, outside of shops) and hearing Seagulls...Is it what you're talking about?
Yeah. I think it's the same seagulls that play when you're near the top of Treasure Trove Cove.

Topmonhit 25th July 2006 08:00 PM

Y'know, if Banjo-Kazooie's intro messes up, someone should try doing that with DK64 instead.

And then SM64. Why SM64? Well any game could be used for this expirement. It's just to see if any game's intro would mess up; if it's only Banjo-Kazooie, then it must mean something... or not.

Theguyoverthere 25th July 2006 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Yoshi
Listen to the Jukebox's Shopping Around Town theme and blow up Clockwork Kazooie in Blackeye's room. Oh yeah, and if you cold swap after doing so, Banjo-Kazooie's intro will mess up. And it only works once.

It doesn't mess up BK's Intro, does it? I remember trying to cold swap just to see if anything happened. Nothing did. I even flew around TTC a little and looked to see if anything was different with SharkFood Island. Nothing. So, I decided to try it again today. I cold swapped as soon as I heard the seagulls. Nothing. Am I doing something wrong?

Dylan Yoshi 26th July 2006 12:44 AM

When you cold swap, you should try swapping the games as fast as possible. I know it's not just my cartridge because the same thing happened to Chilly Dark and someone else who I can't remember.

Also, activating the seagull music and simply touching the cartridge enough for it to move the slightest bit freezes the game.

breagullbomber 27th July 2006 04:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomario
in the mean time while i learn to hack, does anyone have a small theory they want me to try out or anything to check on and research whether its a small crack found or a starnge area behind a wall etc?

As a matter of fact yes i do have a place i would like you to try your hacking on. In RBB in the control room(the room with the TTC map with the X on it) there is a door. You can only see it by going into banjo's eye view and swinging the camera around but it seems a little to detailed to be just scenery. If anyone else wants to have a crack at hacking that door i'd appriciate it.

BanjoPL 27th July 2006 11:25 AM

SNS activator is hidden in B-T. Maybe when we used cheats and destroyed Jolly's door then we"killed" activator?

LaorBR 27th July 2006 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanjoPL
SNS activator is hidden in B-T.

What leads you to believe that?
:confused:

BanjoPL 27th July 2006 11:35 AM

What?... Rare's reaction after Bottles'Revenge discovered by RWP:
"I didn't expect the ashes of the ashes of the ashes that was once Stop n' Swap to keep being raked over. The guys at the Rare Witch Project have come pretty close to solving that, but of course we're not going to reveal the whole truth to them as it would spoil their fun. They'll need all their hacking prowess if we ever release BK3 as not only will it connect to the first two games, but WOPPA from War Games and the NASA mainframe. Maybe even Captain Skyhawk 2"-Scribes,March 2005

Its looks like that B-K and B-T are connected and Bottles'Revenge is ultimate Stop N Swop prize in B-T.

Here you are RWP member's explanation what Rare said:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zy0n7
part of a scribes response sent to rare some time ago.
read it carefully -surely most of you have read it before-
well, now, think, "pretty close to solving that" "reveal the whole truth" reveal what? In my view that means SNS is not dead! "BK3...as not only will it connect to the first two games.." that sentence means clearly that those two games -BK; BT- CAN be connected -or was it just rare's corrosive humor?-

LaorBR 27th July 2006 11:57 AM

Quote:

BK3...as not only will it connect to the first two games.." that sentence means clearly that those two games -BK; BT- CAN be connected -or was it just rare's corrosive humor?

Here's the complete quote:
Quote:

They'll need all their hacking prowess if we ever release BK3 as not only will it connect to the first two games, but WOPPA from War Games and the NASA mainframe. Maybe even Captain Skyhawk 2.
I'm sure it's their corrosive humor stuff.

BUT you made a good point, the scribes guy really said that after Bottles' Revenge was found.

BanjoPL 27th July 2006 12:02 PM

They're joking about when Banjo-Threeie will released then RWP must need all hackers powers to crack big secret in third game.But strange is text "pretty close to solving that"
AFTER Bottles'Revenge!

I tell you something LaorBR: I found SNS mystery in 2003.I readed on RWP that SNS was canned.And i believe in this.But in 2004 when RWP found BR hope back to me! Then i read Rare Scribes 2000-2006,RWP articles and read RWP forum.I found article about SNS board and Devil Bottles pictures in GBTG.This tell me that SNS works and secret level exist in B-K(or DK64)and BR is ultimate SNS prize in B-T.The same statement give me March 2005 Scribes!

LaorBR 27th July 2006 12:09 PM

Quote:

But strange is text "pretty close to solving that"
AFTER Bottles'Revenge!

That's what I meant, you made a good point.
But they never mentioned Bottles' Revenge. What if they were simply acknowledging the sandcastle codes' findings?

BanjoPL 27th July 2006 12:13 PM

THEY MENTIONED! In November 2001 Scribes:
NOVEMBER 8, 2001

Dear Scribey-like glowing thingies,
I got a few questions that I have spent hours and hours pondering over like several mad doctors do.
1. I recently saw a Banjo-Tooie montage, and I was wondering why there was a pic of a RED Bottles with a pitchfork in his hand, I have never seen him in the game, what exactly is it?
"
Ah, good. Start with a rubbish one.
1. itis dEV1L #BOtTaLS!!1/! HEis in aSECrerT su#bGAEm cAlleD ,B0TalS rEViNGE!!!@!

Look:They said"he is" not "he was"..."Secret subgame"...wasn't always Rare mentioned as "secrets" SNS stuffs?
"Subgame"...Game that we can't activate in normal gameplay?

Why they put both SNS board and Devil Bottles pictures in GBTG? Maybe they try tell us something?

LaorBR 27th July 2006 02:31 PM

Devil Bottles and his minigame were known since E3 2000. It was fully playable, and they never mentioned it as an unlockable or linked to SnS. I'm not saying that this is not possible, it's just that they never mentioned.
Nice thing you brought that up tho. I had never seen that before.

Mental note: next time the scribes guy talks in 1337, he oughta be saying the truth.