The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Banjo Kazooie Series (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Banjo's Backpack (Previously Mumbo's Wand) Coming May 31st (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51525)

qwertykins76 22nd June 2013 11:49 PM

About 8 days from now then.

TheGreatNi 26th January 2014 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coolboyman (Post 1161482)
Thanks.

When the month ends I'll list my five favorite custom levels over the past month.

And he never did.

*sniffs*

DementedSun 26th January 2014 12:22 AM

I wish blender files were supported by this, as I'm not a fan of sketchup :c. Otherwise I'd be making things by now.

TheGreatNi 26th January 2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DementedSun (Post 1184454)
I wish blender files were supported by this, as I'm not a fan of sketchup :c. Otherwise I'd be making things by now.

I've seen levels go from blender to BB, can't it export to obj or something?

DementedSun 26th January 2014 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatNi (Post 1184457)
I've seen levels go from blender to BB, can't it export to obj or something?

It refused to import any .obj files I made aside from the ones in Sketchup, so I assumed not unless that was a bug and they fixed it since I tried.

TheGreatNi 26th January 2014 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DementedSun (Post 1184468)
It refused to import any .obj files I made aside from the ones in Sketchup, so I assumed not unless that was a bug and they fixed it since I tried.

Wait, you tell me you no make BB levels, even though Blender export to .obj?

WHY?!s

DementedSun 26th January 2014 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheGreatNi (Post 1184481)
Wait, you tell me you no make BB levels, even though Blender export to .obj?

WHY?!s

BB would not import .obj files from blender, only from sketchup. I don't know why, but every other 3D program I have exports .obj as well and none of them would work, even though the filetype was correct.

TheGreatNi 26th January 2014 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DementedSun (Post 1184489)
BB would not import .obj files from blender, only from sketchup. I don't know why, but every other 3D program I have exports .obj as well and none of them would work, even though the filetype was correct.

Gotcha.

Very strange.

Zy0n7 26th January 2014 03:04 PM

Can't you export o obj, import it in sketchup then just save it again?

TheGreatNi 26th January 2014 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DementedSun (Post 1184489)

This video shows a level made from scratch IN BLENDER and then imported into then Mumbo's Wand.

Smouvy 26th January 2014 10:07 PM

in fact, Blender is the preferred method of usage if Skill is anything to go by.

Starblazer 27th January 2014 07:08 AM

I hope the inevitable "Banjo-Threeie" ROM hack will come from this community-- it'd certainly make RWP at least somewhat exciting again. (Not that I don't love you guys or anything. <3)

DementedSun 27th January 2014 08:04 AM

I really wish I was on break or graduated from college now that I know this works. :I. I swear blender didn't work when I tried it back then. I know my .obj files would not import, at the very least.

EDIT: Could it have something to if the models were not triangles? That's the only thing I can think of.

Coolboyman 7th August 2014 09:30 PM

You all need to play this level: http://rarewarecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7715

The Colonel 7th August 2014 11:42 PM

Has anybody made a super duper hard mode romhack called Banjo-Kaizooie yet?

If not, it's a missed opportunity.