The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Theguyoverthere 23rd March 2006 02:50 AM

O OK, but don't they do that on ALL levels?

in_christ 23rd March 2006 02:57 AM

ya on most of them, but not on all. what i was trying to show people is that
even though you see nothing in wire frame mode, that does'nt prove that nothing
is there.

Theguyoverthere 23rd March 2006 03:04 AM

OOOOO OK, cool!

What if we tried using a gameshark pro and using the memory editor to search for text like RSA? I tried but I don't have enough patience as the gameshark keeps freezing the game or not working iwth the code generator on! And that BT code that is supposed to reduce the freezing, actually made it worse by freezing every time when you start the game. GRR!!! WHy can't it just work!!!???

Skill 23rd March 2006 04:04 AM

Ok then i now what you mean in chirst is that the same with the walkthough walls code? Would that allow a warp into the posible area. Just thinking does wire frame show up the inside of the not so secret bonus room, the one with the stain glass with BK on it that has some feathers and eggs.

in_christ 23rd March 2006 12:24 PM

the secret bk room behind the church shows an empty room in wireframe mode.
So does every room in the whole level. I still have to try the walk thru walls code
to see what happens in these area's. The doors and windows are the triggers
that load the rooms. After I check the walk thru walls code , I think the next thing
to check would be all the warp digits to see if something was missed. Seeing that
they use a load system to warp the player to these area's. Every room with a trigger
should show up in the warp digits. Well thats my plan of attack.

shanjo 23rd March 2006 12:39 PM

131 pages...whos going to read all that

Pikachu025 23rd March 2006 01:00 PM

Rather say "1953 posts", sounds even bigger.
Besides, I only have 49 pages...

Ice Lightning 23rd March 2006 04:30 PM

Yeah I have 49 pages as well but there is 40 posts on each page.
Quote:

Originally Posted by in_christ
I think the next thing to check would be all the warp digits to see if something was missed. Seeing that
they use a load system to warp the player to these area's. Every room with a trigger
should show up in the warp digits. Well thats my plan of attack.

Sounds like a good plan, some of those Freeze digits have to have things in them. Someone found a spiral Mountain cutscene in one ages ago so others must have something.

Why do freeze digits even exist though. Is it where some information from the game was removed?

Pikachu025 23rd March 2006 04:37 PM

Actually a so-called "Freeze digit" is just a number that was never suppsed to be used, so it has no pointer-data. Means the place where the pointer-data would be for that digit is used by nothing/something else, so it loads something as a pointer that isn't one.

Benjo Koolzooie 23rd March 2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theguyoverthere
But does doing the beak bomb really work? And if you get the ice key that way will something happen?
Go here for more crack-pot theories:
http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare.../contest3.html

Using this as a brief reference - Has anybody else ever tried using the running shoes in Freezezy Peak (the ones used to race Boggy) and running in to Wozza's cave? I have tried it before, it does nothing. You can jump high enough whislt running to get to the ice wall, but nothing. Just thought I'd share that little tid-bit.

Also, earlier in the topic, I and someone else used the Wire frame mode on Project64 to see that the ice key wall doesn't shatter, but simply retracts in to the walls, as 2 panels in 2 directions.

Does HatrickPatrick still post here...?

in_christ 23rd March 2006 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Lightning
Why do freeze digits even exist though. Is it where some information from the game was removed?

I think some of the freeze digit are there because items were removed
from the game , But some of the freeze digit still link to some area's that
can be opened. You just have to have the right circumstance's to make the
freeze digit work. Thats my theory anyway.

hatrickpatrick 23rd March 2006 07:09 PM

Ok I'm back. Again. Sorry I've been gone for so long, but I really haven't been able to avoid it, I've been incredibly busy.

I'll re-join this thread as soon as I've actually read everything that's happened since I was last here a few weeks ago! :D

hatrickpatrick 23rd March 2006 07:17 PM

Right, well I've *sort of* grasped whats happened over the last while, I'll read it in more detail tomorrow

I need help with my next experiment though: Does anyone know the gameshark code to activate the hidden silo names in BT? PAL would be better, but I could probably work with either...

Skill 24th March 2006 04:07 AM

F**K YES hatrick is back man its good to have you back

JaredDSMan 24th March 2006 01:38 PM

Wow, that is interesting about the windows in MMM. So it shows S-amperstand-S. S&S. Haha. Well, what levels do you get the items in. The numbers would be in order 2, 5, 6, 7 and 9. That is meaning 2nd world, 5th world, etc. Now that leaves you with 1, 3, 4, and 8. One thing I noticed is that only MM and BS are worlds and the others with no SnS items are just mainly one thing. There is Clanker and the Ship. Nothing more or less. 312-111 are the whistle numbers. Should you go to world 3 then 1 and 2, back to 1 three times? LoL!