The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Shade 20th April 2005 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meow Mixer
I don't know if theres a level where you Lick a clock. ;)

Hahaha oops. Yeah that would be a pretty strange level.

Benjo Koolzooie 20th April 2005 02:05 PM

Oh yes one thing to clear up 9although I don't think it has been mentioned here) people claim that the Tip Tup Choir have the same colour shells as the SNS eggs. False - there is no green shell on any of the turtles.

Hollow Note 20th April 2005 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banjo-Fella
You know, some of those rooms you mentioned did actually have some notes in them, making them far from useless, but there were some seemingly pointless rooms.

Yes, and when it's 11:30 at night and you need 7 more notes to beat the game 100%, it's a real godsend, although I think they shouldn't have made the glass sound so loud.

And as for my theory, I'm going to try it. And it's not chronologically in order, he actually says, "then you need to get the ice key" therefore, I shall try it! BWAHAHAHAHA!!! And you can't stop me... really, You don't know where I live!

And actually I thought there was, I'm pretty sure!

hatrickpatrick 20th April 2005 07:05 PM

I must correct myself, and this hugely changes my strategy
Having just seen a pic of the board in GtbG, I notice that, in fact, it says we have to get the key FIRST, THEN get the eggs. interesting, that actually helps a lot
If anyone here has a cheat cart and a copy of BK, I'll explain how this helps us...

Shade 21st April 2005 03:39 AM

The only problem is...what if you not only have to collect them in a certain order, but have to use each one as soon as you get them, assuming that you're supposed to use them by giving them to a character or placing them somewhere.

dmoss 21st April 2005 04:30 PM

Wow. Right now, I think that's all I can say. That's pretty freakin' sweet. You guys must be on this 24/7. Congratulations, because it really sounds like you're on your way to finding out what SnS is. I really am sincere when I say that. Kudos... :D

hatrickpatrick 21st April 2005 08:44 PM

I really hope we are, dmoss, fingers crossed...

Shade, I've just realised that you're right, that would make it extremly difficult to pinpoint. So, for now, I'm going to go with my original, if weak, theory that once we've got the right eggs and the key we will probably be shown a cutscene telling us what to do next...

I'm now going to explain what I said earlier, about how useful it is to know we need the key first. People who dont have cheat carts, or dont know how the memory is laid out should ignore this, it's pretty complicated if you havent used the mem. editor, and would be of no use to you anyway...

To all those who can use it: as you know, there is one address in memory which controls the SnS inventory; that is, which eggs you have and whether you also have the key. in PAL, it's 81283220, I'm sure subdrag can give us the NTSC line as well.

As I understand it, we have to enter in the sandcastle codes, if we just get the key by moonjumping over the wall or whatever, the value will be different than if we have also entered the code. This would be annoying to repeat, but thankfully, we wont have to

All we have to do is do it once, that is, set that line in memory to 0000, then enter the ice key code and get the key. Once we've done that, we can freeze the game and write down the current value of 81283220. Lets for the moment suppose the value is "1234". Then, if the combination of 4 eggs we pick after that is incorrect, we can simply set the value back to 1234 to revert back to only having the key, and start again with egg combinations. This will prevent us from having to enter the code again and again every time we want to try it again. with a bit of luck this will cut down on the amount of time it will take to try all possible combinations.

Now for my egg combination test results: According to my calculator, if order does not matter, there are 15 possible combinations of eggs. I'm sure everyone hopes this is the case. Now for the bad news: If order DOES matter, we're looking at 360 combinations. I definetly recommend trying it without order first, then if that doesnt work, we might have to start going through other combinations. Of course, there's every chance that we could find something in memory to point us in the right direction, but if not, we will indeed have to go through the combinations one by one...

Slasher 21st April 2005 11:15 PM

If order matters, it would probably be in order of level. No way a small child would bother going through so many combonations or even care that much if it was really difficult.

R Hunter 22nd April 2005 12:07 AM

Allright in that case...
Pink egg-TTC
Blue egg-Gobi's Valley
Ice key-FP
Cyan/Green eggs-MMM
Red egg-RBB
Yellow egg-CCW
If it's by level then that should be the order.

Shade 22nd April 2005 01:22 AM

But then there's which egg goes first, the green or the cyan one? I looked at the colors and for the most part they are the colors of the rainbow. Coincidentally, they follow the order of the rainbow if you get them in order. This would make me think cyan comes before green since cyan is closer to blue than yellow.

Hollow Note 22nd April 2005 05:20 PM

My theory got shot down yesterday. It didn't work... I'm... I'm so ashamed!!!! WAAAH!!!

But on a brighter note, I'm trying to get a gameshark PRO from eBay!!!

hatrickpatrick 22nd April 2005 07:32 PM

I seriously need to get an AR with a comm port, to try the texture editor...
I'm also going to try ebay...

Hollow Note 23rd April 2005 06:01 PM

I've got it!
I've noticed that for you to get four of the eggs, something needs to change.

I first noticed when Nabnut was suddenly sleeping with a pink squirrel. I'm fairly certain that he wasn't before.
Then I started to piece it together.

Pink= Sharkfood Island needs to rise (change)
Blue= Door needs to open (change)
Ice Key= Ice needs to be smashed away. (change)
Green= Suddenly appears (No change)
Cyan= Barrel needs to be opened (chage)
Red= Suddenly appears (no change)
Yellow= Nabnut needs girlfriend (change)

Now this would mean that you need

Ice key.
pink,blue,cyan,yellow.

hatrickpatrick 23rd April 2005 08:15 PM

Wow, you're right
Have you tried only getting those eggs? I cant, renenber, I've already got all of them...
I might try downloading the ROM

LaorBR 23rd April 2005 08:30 PM

Nope, the female squirrel is always there... it must be an adult reference as well... :D