The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

hatrickpatrick 10th July 2006 08:46 PM

I could never find a BT moonjump, in PAL... There was just the no collision / repeater jump code which never actually worked...

ChillyDark 10th July 2006 09:08 PM

Hactrick, try downloading Hex Workshop.
Somewhere in these topics is a link.
Get the BT PAL Rom, and use it to hack.
It worked great for me.

Dylan Yoshi 10th July 2006 09:23 PM

I'll give it a try if someone can give me the moonjump code. GSCentral appears to be down at the time...

Theguyoverthere 10th July 2006 09:24 PM

OK it just keeps getting weirder. So i have the 100% complete code on, go to jiggy's and it says like 120 then it goes to like 200 something and keeps hoppping around (stops at 128 once) then goes to 0 and stays. I talk to the doorman, and he says i have enough and will let me in, but the door is still closed and now it says 128! I think the game's confused.

ChillyDark 10th July 2006 09:27 PM

Theguyoverthere, we could have hit SNS.
If I searched the memory a little bit more, I'll find a trigger, if there is one, for SNS.

Dylan Yoshi 10th July 2006 09:27 PM

Yeah, TheGuyOverThere, that happens to me too. A list of all the digits I've recieved are:

And once it gets to 128, it stays there. What I find strange is that it accepts triple digits when there are supposedly only 90 Jiggies in the game.

Theguyoverthere 10th July 2006 09:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey! That 255 in there gave me a hacking idea! Well, knowing that there are two types of codes and ways values are saved (8 bit and 16 bit) and that all 8 bit values must be 255 or under, and all 16 bit values must be 65355 (or somethin, i don't remember, hatrick knows though :)) Anyway, IF someone goes to jiggywiggy's and gets a number above 255, then that narrows the code down to a 16 bit code! It may not help much but it would eliminate about half of all address/code possiblilities. Then again SubDrag or Ice Mario probably already know the address, as they made that code...

EDIT: Whoa, more madness:
Go to Cliff top, and look! Chuffy's there! Or is he? Talk to the sign and the coal guy says he's in GGM. Talk to it again he'll say the same thing. I talked to it a third time and got this error (see attachment)

Weird, huh? It even gives an address in the error... perhaps this address is useful? hmm....

Dylan Yoshi 10th July 2006 09:46 PM

I've tried it again in the ROM and I've recieved a bunch of random numbers, including 0, 255, and of course, 128.

255 and 128 are the most common numbers. I can't seem to get the Moonjump code to work, but I'm gonna try using warp digits to get into JiggyWiggy's Temple.

ChillyDark 10th July 2006 09:49 PM

My discovery is only a text modifier.
Don't get your hopes up people.
It is probably just something Ice and Sub, decided not to reveal to the world.
It has no clues that SNS is in the game.
We need PROOF of Jiggywiggy saying something SNS based.
There has been MANY generations of hackers, and I only just started hacking.
At least 10 have already discovered, EVERY code you find.
Sorry people, but it isn't much of a discovery.

Theguyoverthere 10th July 2006 09:53 PM

dang! people are fast with the posts! can someone check out my post above?

Oh, and Chilly, wasn't it ME who suggested that all it was was a text modifier? I believe it was... just sayin'

ChillyDark 10th July 2006 10:02 PM

Right then, I'll correct my post.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChillyDark
My discovery is only a text modifier.

Actually, it was Guyoverthere, who dicovered the trigger.
I just discovered the address.
Also Guyoverthere also suggested it first.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChillyDark
It is probably something Ice and Sub discovered.

I kind of agree with that, because Ice and Sub have searched BT + BK for almost as long as it has been out.
We have only searched it for a few days, no offence but Ice and Sub are WAYYYY better hackers.
That should fix things up.
Note: I am a minor who has NO hacking experience whatsoever.
So don't think things ahead, because people like me, though smart, usually discover the already discovered, no offence again.

hatrickpatrick 10th July 2006 11:18 PM

You know, Chilly, that isn't always true... After all, Slaphappy found the cutscene mod after all this time, and, apparently, it eluded Ice for years...

And the challenge 16 thing, whatever else it could be, is NOT a text mod. It could only be a text mod is Jiggywiggy actually has that text at some point. Which, as far as we know, he doesn't.

And I can't get the code to work on the NTSC ROM of BT....

Theguyoverthere 10th July 2006 11:34 PM

You should just try PJ64, regarless of the lag. If you getta graphics error like I did, press ALT+Enter to go to full screen then press ALT+Enter again to go back to regular and it won't get that error anymore. The reason you should use PJ64 is that it has the cheat built into it. But, about that address I found as an error, do you think all it is is the address of the location of chuffy?

ChillyDark 10th July 2006 11:54 PM

Hi ho hi ho, it's off to SNS we go.
Sorry I just HAD to do that.
Heeere's Hex Workshop.
Just ask if it confuses you, it's really easy to use.
All you need, is the BT PAL Rom.
Go get em, Hactrick!

Dylan Yoshi 10th July 2006 11:54 PM

Or, if you get the error I get, reset the game shortly after the graphics begin to glitch up.

And I tested out the Chuffy idea. I got inside Chuffy to find that it played the WitchyWorld music. I couldn't go anywhere on the Go Pad, and leaving resulted in appearing in Glitter Gulch Mine.

Probably just a glitch.