The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

R Hunter 16th May 2005 09:50 PM

Very nice work Pat. I wonder if any values in the game code change if the correct order is done?

hatrickpatrick 17th May 2005 07:42 PM

Ok, back
Well I did the test and I think the speed of the key is porbably random, it seemed to change for no apparent reason even before I entered any sandcastle codes...
Hmmm
Random tests, then? I still think that our best bet is to try Pink, Blue, Yellow, and one of the other 3...

mariofanman 17th May 2005 10:26 PM

you know...i think you guys have it backwords....wouldnt it slowing down mean that it was being used for more than one purpose? and since it was being used for two things, it slows down?

Ratabulous 17th May 2005 11:49 PM

I have a little investigating for someone to do:

Someone please enter the Ice Key code and then go to Wozza's cave to see if he's still there.

Tehngion 18th May 2005 12:52 AM

uh, yeah, the speed of the egg spinning in the start menu is completely random. If you exit the menu then go back into it the eggs are spinning differently.

hatrickpatrick 18th May 2005 01:16 PM

Yeah, he is...
How about I try warping into wozza's cave before I get the jiggy from him, and get the key? Maybe that would help...

prod 18th May 2005 03:17 PM

Well, according to this site (http://www.gamekult.com/tout/forum/lire_226995.html ) you were only meant to get the middle 4 eggs and the key.

To read the interview, scroll down or use Edit->Find and search for the text "A Rare Interview Indeed" (without the speech marks ""). Surely, if this interview is real, it solves all the SNS mysteries once and for all.

I used to have BK back in the day and an Equilizer (uk version of the AR). I used some really dodgy code to get the egg (when mumbo showed the pink egg, pressing L made banjo spin/shrink and collide with the egg, which triggered a fanfare sound, and all the features were unlocked, eg the ice key, island etc etc), this was before the sandcastle codes came out.

Quoting from the article:

CJ: How could you transfer data between cartridge games?

RE: By magic! [laughter] Actually, if you programmed it properly, you could store data in the 64's memory that would be available to the next game that was loaded. At least at first you could. Unfortunately, certain things changed with the Nintendo hardware and it became impossible to store the data for the next game. It really was a disappointment. A lot of work went into using that capability, and it was all for naught.

This supports the theory in here about the change in Ram type on the n64, and would explain why the SNS capability wasn't coded in BT.

hatrickpatrick 18th May 2005 03:29 PM

>_>
That article has, I think, been mentioned a few times in this topic alone. It was a prank, he announced that it was fake some time ago...

prod 18th May 2005 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
>_>
That article has, I think, been mentioned a few times in this topic alone. It was a prank, he announced that it was fake some time ago...

Oh, sorry - my bad :/ . I kinda drifted off after 12 pages ^^. *Runs away and hides*

hatrickpatrick 18th May 2005 08:00 PM

Big New Discovery

Wozza.
Remember earlier we were wondering about why he wasnt in the cave when the pics at the end were shown?
If you use a cheat to play in the demo at the start (or moonjump out of mumbo's mountain, or whatever, which puts you in the demo) and use instant warp (if not you wont get into the level), wozza isnt there, either inside or outside the cave... Interesting...
Oh yeah, and BTW, my first attempted combination is wrong, which means that 2 so far have been proved wrong
pink, blue, green, red,
pink, blue, cyan, yellow

If order doesnt matter there are only 13 more possible combinations left to try...

Meowrik 18th May 2005 10:11 PM

hmm... somoene brought up the Cluckers outside of Click Clock Wood... i always wondered that too. why they had their very own cutscene...

i don't remember ever seeing Nabnuts with the girl squirrel. could someone enlighten me on that little tidbit?

and i completely forgot there wasn't an egg in Bubblegloop Swamp either. is it perhaps possible that there are more codes that are very well hidden? if not, then i guess it's also possible (though pessimistic) that there were eggs in every level but they took them out completely. but then, that's not very likely 'cause they would've taken them out of all the levels, so i don't think we need to worry about that possibility.

so the levels without eggs are Mumbo's Mountain, Freezeezy Peak, Clanker's Cavern, and Bubblegloop Swamp...
correct me if i'm wrong, but aren't Clanker's Cavern, Bubblegloop Swamp, and Freezeezy Peak all in chronological order? although Freezeezy Peak does have the key, i find it interesting that right after Freezeezy Peak, every level has an egg. now if it weren't for stupid Treasure Trove Cove having one, i'd be on to something quite good.

that's it. i'm starting a new file next chance i get.

R Hunter 19th May 2005 12:30 AM

If my memory serves check his house in Winter, Meowrik. She should be in bed with him. I think it was winter...:confused:

dmoss 19th May 2005 11:05 PM

It seems like each egg has something to do with water, or the total lack of water. Think there's anything to that?
Oh, whoops. Looks like there's not really any connection to the egg inside CCW. My bad.
However, I digress. How many Cluckers are outside of CCW? Are there six? That would lead to some confusion... :rolleyes:

hatrickpatrick 20th May 2005 12:10 PM

Hmmm
I'm hoping to get through loads of the combinations before tomorrow evening, at the latest...
We'd better hope order doesnt matter, because if it does, we're looking at going through 360 combinations...

Ratabulous 20th May 2005 06:19 PM

I'd just like to say that I'm glad there was something so interesting in such a great game! I've always loved Banjo-Kazooie, but conversations about it would have ended long ago if SnS weren't there.

ps: I think that the most logical way to get the eggs is in each level as you reach it.