The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

R Hunter 20th May 2005 07:31 PM

Like I said then the order in that case would be.
Pink-TTC
Blue-GV
Green/Cyan-MMM (the order can be switched with below)
Key-FP (the order can be switched with above)
Red-RBB
Yellow-CCW

If it's by level order then that should be the correct order, however because FP is closer to GV then MMM I noted that you could go for they key first or skip it and grab the Green and Cyan eggs first.

hatrickpatrick 21st May 2005 06:54 PM

According to the GbtG board, we need to go and get the key first, and then "collect 4 eggs, open secret level"

dmoss 23rd May 2005 08:30 PM

Find anything? :o

hatrickpatrick 23rd May 2005 09:28 PM

no but I'm still not through all the combinations... I didnt do any today I'm afraid, too damn tired
I'll try to get more tomorrow

Ratabulous 2nd June 2005 07:24 PM

I'm just posting in this thread to keep it up. It had a lot of cool info. and I think that this thread should never permanantly disappear. Of course, is there some RWP archive where you can find old threads?

hatrickpatrick 2nd June 2005 07:30 PM

Actually, I have to present my apologies in this thread:
After all that hype about GS glitches and so on, I completely stopped checking combinations, and forgot about it. I'll pick up from where I left off tomorrow. Although it seems we may have discovered some sort of secret in Spiral Mountain, check the GS glitches topic... I'll keep investigating
PS: I don't think topics on RWP purge at all, you just have to select "beginning" in the drop down list at the bottom...

mrfleshcadge 4th June 2005 02:06 PM

Good luck on your search!

I have just recently became a member of RWP. The reason: To find out what people are doing to find SNS.

I am a great fan of the banjo games, exept, one problem. I dont own the N64 games. I have an Equalizer thing, but have never really used its full potential. I really do have hope that there is SNS somewhere in the inards of that cartrige.

I really want to work on this huge mystery.
You guys are REALLY on to something here.

Good luck

Benjo Koolzooie 4th June 2005 02:09 PM

Hi there, nice to "meet" you mrfleshcadge!

Hatrick, I woud like to know what your feelings are on the base egg not being present in the PAL version of BT, yet it is in the American version. Do you believe there is some sort of link up possible..?

mrfleshcadge 4th June 2005 03:18 PM

Base egg? Don't know what you mean?

mrfleshcadge 4th June 2005 06:23 PM

Does ayone know any handy PAL equalizer codes for this task?

hatrickpatrick 4th June 2005 06:33 PM

My theory on SnS has pretty much always been as follows:
I don't hold with the idea that it was dropped before BKs release, I don't think rare would hasve left so much of it in if it was...
On the other hand, I really haven't a clue about Banjo Tooie. It could ber possible that the base eggs is in the PAL version, but as a freeze digit.
However, I think that unless rare have been lying for the beginning, the BK end still works. I'm almost certain the BK end involves a room, cutscene, text, anything at all, but I dont think it just ends with you getting the secrets. There has to be a "trigger" which would start off the transfer. That's why I'm concentrating all my SnS efforts in BK, for the moment.

And yes, I have some very handy PAL codes for this, which make the process of collecting the combinations of eggs a lot easier. I have them all written down somewhere, I'll post them up, along with the list of combinations which haven't been tried yet. Sorry I'm being so lazy about checking them, but I have exams coming up and everything, and I really do keep genuinely forgetting to try the remaining combinations. I'll post those codes in a little while (like half an hour)

DevilBottles 4th June 2005 09:44 PM

nice theory, i should try it out, but i have to wait for the US code...

hatrickpatrick 4th June 2005 11:29 PM

ok, here are my (PAL) codes for this, and my list of combinations. The values are the same in NTSC, but the mem. address is different... Subdrag knows the NTSC address, I think...

Combinations: (the ones with an X next to them have been tried and are incorrect)
pink blue red yellow X
pink blue cyan yellow X
pink blue green yellow X
pink blue red cyan X
pink blue green cyan X
pink blue red green X
pink green red yellow X
pink green red cyan
pink red cyan yellow
pink green cyan yellow
yellow red green blue
yellow cyan green blue
yellow blue cyan red
yellow cyan green red
cyan blue green red

Codes (PAL UK):
81283220 XXXX
digits:
key open: 0200
key open & collected: 0204
collected & open:
key, pink: 0A14
key, pink, blue: 1A34
key, pink, blue, red: 5AB4
key, pink, blue, green: 3A74
key, pink, green: 2A54
key, pink, green, red: 6AD4

That's all I have so far, I'll try a few more and update that code list...

mrfleshcadge 5th June 2005 05:59 PM

What would happen to the people who solve SNS? And, can someone tell me what it says on the board in GBTG?

banjooie 5th June 2005 06:12 PM

I don't think it will get solved. I mean after people searching through memory and stuff we've found 0 strings, 0 warp digits, 0 textures etc (all except the obvious.. e.g. eggs/key/sandcastle cheat codes). Please correct me if i'm wrong.

Looks to me like it was removed from the cartridge.