The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

R Hunter 6th August 2005 11:00 PM

Did anyone know we could do this? But getting back on topic with everything that's been found in the ROM's we may be getting close. All we need is a little faith that SnS is still in BK. :)

Benjo Koolzooie 7th August 2005 09:51 AM

A question: If there were alternate cut scenes for when the secret items areas were opened up - would they be in BK, or would they have been placed in BT and carried over? I doubt they are in BT now, but do you think they were to be?

Also, the green egg doesn't just "appear" on top of Logo. If you read the rhyme that unlocks it, it says "Admist the haunted gloom", so we are to believe there is a gloomy mist in the room that shields it from Banjo's vision. (Although technically, it does appear :P). I guess the same could be said for "Now it can be seen on nabnut's table".

Perhaps it was just a way of rhyming, but what does it mean "an ice key you can have for FREE", it sort of implies there was a "price" to it? Like I said, probably just an excuse to rhyme the thing.

What about "This one you'll be grabbing in the captain's cabin", it sort of implies it is to be "grabbed" along side others.

Fenikku 7th August 2005 11:22 AM

Very interesting point, Benjo. This is something not to be overlooked.

mrfleshcadge 7th August 2005 12:37 PM

This thread has got a lot more active since I last came here. I feel the need to set up my N64 again. Do you mind if I help?

Benjo Koolzooie 7th August 2005 12:56 PM

As if we would mind! :)

mrfleshcadge 7th August 2005 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
World line up:

Mumbo's Mountain: Yellow
Treasure Trove Cove: Blue
Clankers Cavern: Yellow
Bubblegloop Swamp: Yellow
Freezezy Peak: Blue
Gobi's Valley: Blue
Mad Monster Mansion: Yellow
Rusty Bucket Bay: Yellow
Click Clock Wood: Yellow

Missed one out, Grunty's lair: Blue. any thoughts?

Squall722 7th August 2005 02:33 PM

I believe a more logical approach at this whole thing needs to be set up, as some have possibly said before. My idea is to take one idea, and assume it is the answer, then from there try to find evidence as to why it is the answer.

For example: Assume that the fact that wozza isn't in his cave in the demo of sorts as the real key to unlocking more info on SnS. From there we can look at reasons for which that would be the answer, instead of focusing on why it can't be the answer because 'such and such' points to this.

micjohvan 7th August 2005 02:48 PM

I have been inside the cave in the normal game without wazza there (not in the intro scene either) I did it by clipping through it with the GS code for walk through walls. I jumped over here so I was in front of here. Then there was a invisable wall that I had to clip through to get into the cave, which I did. Once inside she was still outside and it looked like the pic. However the jinjo was still there and the ice was still blocking the path to the key. I also tryed gettin the key as the walrus lol. That didnt do anything diffrent either. Any other ideas I could test out? :confused:

Benjo Koolzooie 7th August 2005 03:17 PM

I once gained the running shoes that you can acquire when racing Boggy, and ran in to the cave. The shoes were still present and I ran and jumped on the the platform, hoping to smash the ice wall with Kazooie's fast speed. Failed.

I'm wondering about that fire near Wozza. Unless it is just a joke, why would Wozza need a camp fire?! I tried jumping on to one of the large crystal like structures , opposite the ice wall. Then tried shooting eggs through the rising smoke, hoping t would shatter the ice. That also, seemed to fail...!

Dragon_Kazooie 7th August 2005 03:57 PM

Why did my brother sell BK? I am going to get it, I've gotta get Stop 'n' Swop! It's a mystery..................just like SnS...........................:confused: This is odd. Does Ice Mario have any comments?

Fenikku 7th August 2005 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squall722
I believe a more logical approach at this whole thing needs to be set up, as some have possibly said before. My idea is to take one idea, and assume it is the answer, then from there try to find evidence as to why it is the answer.

For example: Assume that the fact that wozza isn't in his cave in the demo of sorts as the real key to unlocking more info on SnS. From there we can look at reasons for which that would be the answer, instead of focusing on why it can't be the answer because 'such and such' points to this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by micjohvan
I have been inside the cave in the normal game without wazza there (not in the intro scene either) I did it by clipping through it with the GS code for walk through walls. I jumped over here so I was in front of here. Then there was a invisable wall that I had to clip through to get into the cave, which I did. Once inside she was still outside and it looked like the pic. However the jinjo was still there and the ice was still blocking the path to the key. I also tryed gettin the key as the walrus lol. That didnt do anything diffrent either. Any other ideas I could test out? :confused:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
I once gained the running shoes that you can acquire when racing Boggy, and ran in to the cave. The shoes were still present and I ran and jumped on the the platform, hoping to smash the ice wall with Kazooie's fast speed. Failed.

I'm wondering about that fire near Wozza. Unless it is just a joke, why would Wozza need a camp fire?! I tried jumping on to one of the large crystal like structures , opposite the ice wall. Then tried shooting eggs through the rising smoke, hoping t would shatter the ice. That also, seemed to fail...!

Each of these ideas, though seemingly odd, are very original and would not normally be considered. Don't be afraid to be original. Also, remember that Rare scolded us for using the gameshark, so continue using it if you have it and if not, get original. There is the possibility that Stop 'n' Swop may not truly be in the game, but at least I could get everyone to try and look for it...

SimpleFun 7th August 2005 11:55 PM

I have an idea about SnS...
One time, my sister's friend somehow got the fire, ice, grenade and clockwork kazooie eggs from B-T into B-K and strangly had some importance because the grenades DID destroyed breakable walls and the badguys DID go on fire... so maybe you could destroy something in B-K with grenades?

Also I was using my GameShark Pro v 3.50 *brag alert* to check out any rising platform secrets in B-K levels. The only levels that might have rising patform secrets would be: TTC - BGS - FP - GV - and CCW in spring. I haven't checked out all the levels- but I'll update if I find something.

Tachi 8th August 2005 12:01 AM

Wait, what? BT eggs into BK?

What? o.O

Klungo 8th August 2005 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimpleFun
I have an idea about SnS...
One time, my sister's friend somehow got the fire, ice, grenade and clockwork kazooie eggs from B-T into B-K and strangly had some importance because the grenades DID destroyed breakable walls and the badguys DID go on fire... so maybe you could destroy something in B-K with grenades?

Was that the truth. Did you actually see the eggs. If so then nag your sister or her friend until they tell you how.

SimpleFun 8th August 2005 12:06 AM

That is what I said.
It makes sense though.
If SnS was meant to swap with B-T, Rare might want someone with B-T to actually Stop n' Swap.