The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Fenikku 8th August 2005 06:36 PM

Not neccesarily, as long as the info is transfered from one game to the other and one welcomes new data.

Benjo Koolzooie 8th August 2005 06:44 PM

Yes, this new welcomed data though, would surely have to be programmed to a degree in the recieving game?

SimpleFun 8th August 2005 08:41 PM

Never mind anything I said.
Somehow, somewhere in the line, my sister mixed up B-T with B-K O.o
Uhhh...

I trust my sister when she tells me supposed video game secrets, but I guess I cannot trust her in knowing what game it is...

Isaac 8th August 2005 09:28 PM

Ha ! I was sure of it....,don't ask "Why didn't you tell it earlier if you knew it"...

I just wanted to know what will he say...

Whatever,he just made us thing about a false thing...

Benjo Koolzooie 8th August 2005 10:00 PM

Perhaps now the topic can can continue with good speculation! Come on people!

Kratos_Aurion 8th August 2005 10:29 PM

I noticed that someone said that the Sharkfood Island egg music is the same as one from another level (cannot remember which), and that they all had slight differences but those two. Maybe those are the right ones. Also, since those are similar, maybe we should find two others that are related, like the two in MMM, as they are on the same level.
Also, maybe the correct ones are the ones that require more than just regular jumping to reach, or involve other, for lack of a better word, game elements (such as a switch). If I remember correctly, you need to do a backflip (have temporarily forgotten the exact name) to get to the one on Loggo on MMM and in RBB, and the Sharkfood Island one has shockjump pads, and the one in GV involves a switch.
Edit: I originally found out about SNS on the official Nintendo site. First of all, I find it a bit odd that if Rare still denies that Stop N Swop exists, why on earth do they let Nintendo put it in a place that makes it seem official. Or did I miss something, and Rare didn't have any say in the matter.
Also, they originally had a warning next to the code to get the green egg in the bathroom that if you got more than 3 of the secrets, Grunty would erase your game. Now, I have found a picture (not sure if I'm allowed to post the link) of Grunty attacking Banjo and Kazooie with green fireballs similar to the red ones she shoots at you at the final battle. It is in MMM directly outside of the room where you get the green egg (I'm pretty sure that is where it is). Can't help but notice that the fireballs are green like the egg. But anyways, perhaps this is a picture of what would happen, assuming Grunty did erase your game.

SimpleFun 8th August 2005 11:35 PM

People... I wasn't lying.
My sister gave me bad info because she doesn't know the difference between B-K and B-T.
I only trusted her that it was real because she told me how to get two of the SnS eggs and she was right.
Also, I don't get why all the stupidest things like something being the same color as a SnS egg or same shape as one or killing the first bird badguy will have a useless mini-movie. I have been looking at the paintings a lot more. Like in MMM, in the room with the giant sleeping ghost, look at one of the pictures and it is evil-mumbo from Cloud Cuckoo Land...

Benjo Koolzooie 9th August 2005 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimpleFun
People... I wasn't lying.
Also, I don't get why all the stupidest things like something being the same color as a SnS egg or same shape as one or killing the first bird badguy will have a useless mini-movie. I have been looking at the paintings a lot more. Like in MMM, in the room with the giant sleeping ghost, look at one of the pictures and it is evil-mumbo from Cloud Cuckoo Land...

I don't think it is Mingy Jongo "('Evil Mumbo)' on that picture, he is metallic. On the picture Mumbo looks of an organic biology.

And I am pleased you mentioned the useless bird cut scene after you kill one. In fact doesn't it happen in certain seasons too? Perhaps we should try killing them birds in a certain order, and see if we can get a chain of mini-movies? I don't know.

Kratos_Aurion - The MMM picture with green fireballs, do you mean the 3D rendering picture?

As for the music in Sharkfood island, I think it is practically the same as the music in the Captain's cabin when the secret is there. The MMM and GV secret cave secrets also have the same music -almost. The MMM has extra effects, but has the same haunting high pitched noise to it. I'm not sure but I think the music in nab Nut's house (again when the secret is exposed), is the same as Sharkfood islands. Or, it may mimick the music in the ice key chamber (due to it being cold outside, in the winter season).

I see what you mean about certain moves required to grab some of the secrets too. The captain' cabin and nab nut's secret eggs require just a normal jump though. Unless something before hand has to be done to expose them.

We should look in to the "useless" bird sequence though.

Fenikku 9th August 2005 01:49 PM

Yes, I tried looking into the bird sequence. I didn't go into detail about it, but I used the wireframe rendering mode of the Project 64 and saw nothing of importance.

hatrickpatrick 9th August 2005 02:31 PM

What a refreshing change from GameFAQs, where they automatically lock topics at 500 posts >_>

Isaac 9th August 2005 04:05 PM

What is that famous bird sequence?

SimpleFun 9th August 2005 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
I don't think it is Mingy Jongo "('Evil Mumbo)' on that picture, he is metallic. On the picture Mumbo looks of an organic biology.

He is only metallic after you hit his fake skin out.
I just wanted to point it out. It scares me at night...

Fenikku 9th August 2005 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac
What is that famous bird sequence?

It's the seemingly pointless cutscene shown after you kill a bird in Click Clock Wood.

Benjo Koolzooie 9th August 2005 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimpleFun
He is only metallic after you hit his fake skin out.
I just wanted to point it out. It scares me at night...

Yes! You are correct!

I think though, the bird cut scene should be looked in to more. Where abouts did you kill that bird? I think killing one in GL also triggers it (if one hasn't been killed before hand? I don't know, we should look in to it).

Kratos_Aurion 9th August 2005 08:37 PM

The picture I found is right here:
BK picture