The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Kratos_Aurion 5th October 2005 02:20 AM

Waaaaiiiit a minute...aren't there three levels that Grunty talks in? I believe that it's TTC (stated already), MMM (several times, like when the church door closes before you get there, not including the ones mentioned), and RBB (when you go into the water). There are a total of 4 eggs on all the levels, and I assume we're still sticking to the 4 eggs theory?
Probably irrelevant. Just a thought that I would probably explode about if I didn't say something.

GameandWatch33 5th October 2005 02:29 AM

*Sigh* I finally got time to fully explore the theory I was working on, but to no avail. I got the Ice Key, than the 4 eggs in order. Finally I did some major exploring, both in-game and in-code. I recon that this is a dead theory.

Now, my thoughts on the new theory. It is probable, considering that she speaks in that fashion inthe level that arguably has the most to do with SnS. But on the other side of it, why would rare make things messier than they already were with SnS, and involve more elements?

Feel free to disagree with my logic and reasoning. This is just my view on the subject.

samf 5th October 2005 04:12 AM

Hey guys, this is my first post, but i've been reading EVERYTHING and am completley obsessed with Banjo Kazooie games and SNS. So I'm NO noob at this.

Now gameandwatch says the 4 egg theory is dead, which might have been one of rares attempts to point us in the wrong direction. But I have a theory that I don't believe I've seen. What if say, there were small clues in each level pointing to the answer of sns, maybe even including the intro. They could be clues that when put together (kind of like putting together jigsaw pieces ;). ) would give us another clue that would tell us the final answer...which could end in BK or in BT...parts of SNS could have been secretly put in BT I don't know i'm not saying it was. But i'm gonna go searching through all the levels now to find some clues..

dmoss 5th October 2005 05:05 AM

Hmm...what exactly are you looking for? Anything specific? Sounds logical...as logical as everything else we've been attempting lately! Good luck, and welcome, samf!

hatrickpatrick 5th October 2005 12:25 PM

Samf's theory is certainly a good way of finding more clues...
I remain convinced that only 4 eggs must be collected, and something will happoen if they're done in the right order. Rare like to point us in the wrong direction, but the board seems to likely to be true, for this reason:
When we first saw the board, everyoine said "ah, they're just messing with us." But what if they actually put in a real clue - in full knowledge that no one would take it seriously? It seems all too likely of rare to put in 2 fake eggs to confuse us, and then to mock us about it later...

Another good idea might be to compile some sort of list, of every clue, likely or otherwise, rareware have given us on SnS. It's possible that some of them were overlooked...

hatrickpatrick 5th October 2005 12:30 PM

HEre's an example. I just found this in rare's scribes, from "March 11, 2005":

Quote:

Originally Posted by the guy who sent it in
Also, can you believe (and I'm serious; I don't think these people were joking), that some people actually decided to go look for BK3 in Grabbed by the Ghoulies, due to Mr. Mayles' crack about it? I mean, Stop N Swop was fun to look for, but really - can't we all move on?

And the response:

Quote:

"No, I didn't expect anyone to look for BK3 in Ghoulies, but then again I didn't expect the ashes of the ashes of the ashes that was once Stop n' Swap to keep being raked over. The guys at the Rare Witch Project have come pretty close to solving that, but of course we're not going to reveal the whole truth to them as it would spoil their fun. They'll need all their hacking prowess if we ever release BK3 as not only will it connect to the first two games, but WOPPA from War Games and the NASA mainframe. Maybe even Captain Skyhawk 2.
While I really dont take the BK3 thing seriously, this now makes 3 times rareware have said we're getting close to solving SnS... maybe they're telling the truth?

Gaming Master2k 5th October 2005 01:12 PM

It also said ashes of the ashes of the ashes that was once Stop n' Swap which to me says it's gone while there may still be something small (and I mean very small) left in BK.

GameandWatch33 5th October 2005 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samf
Hey guys, this is my first post, but i've been reading EVERYTHING and am completley obsessed with Banjo Kazooie games and SNS. So I'm NO noob at this.

Now gameandwatch says the 4 egg theory is dead, which might have been one of rares attempts to point us in the wrong direction. But I have a theory that I don't believe I've seen. What if say, there were small clues in each level pointing to the answer of sns, maybe even including the intro. They could be clues that when put together (kind of like putting together jigsaw pieces ;). ) would give us another clue that would tell us the final answer...which could end in BK or in BT...parts of SNS could have been secretly put in BT I don't know i'm not saying it was. But i'm gonna go searching through all the levels now to find some clues..

Now, I didn't say the 4 eggs theory is dead. In fact, I believe that it is one of the best leads that we have.

By the way, Welcome to forums.

As for what hatrick said, I am completely with you. I don't like what rare is doing though, they seem like they are helping us with this. Then they seem like they are dodging the issue.

For example, here is a scribe letter:

Quote:

3) Everyone knows you guys just dropped the whole Stop N Swap thing (unless you guys are deciding to start it again). But will we ever see anything new from SNS again?
And here was the answer:

Quote:

3) Rare does not comment on rumours or speculation.
The answer is irrelvent, and far from the answer of the question. SnS a rumor? Rumors are fake, while SnS is very real.

Rocketlex 5th October 2005 05:41 PM

That particular Scribes answer was a joke. The person writing the letter asked that the question not be answered in a comical or sarcastic way, so he was given a bland, form response. (Those who read Gamespot's Rumor Control will know that this is what most companies say when they don't want to comment on or reveal something).

In fact, at the end of answer, readers were asked to "ask for the sarcastic version" next time. Still sounds like a glimmer of hope to me.

samf 5th October 2005 07:43 PM

I believe that maybe rare is saying we're narrowing all the theories down and getting close to the correct one, rather than we're actually getting the final answer.
But what makes the solving SNS the hardest is the fact that the answers to our theories could be in any of rares games. Though I have a feeling we will finally solve this Puzzle soon. but HOW soon?

mikesgm6 5th October 2005 08:19 PM

I belive sns will be found someday

Ferminus 5th October 2005 09:05 PM

i'm sure about it, ut can pass years, but i'm completely sure that some day rare is going to reveal all this mistery around SnS

Rocketlex 5th October 2005 10:25 PM

While I would like to find whatever remnants of SnS are in BK, I'm mindful (in fact, pretty sure) that what we find is going to be underwhelming. Chances are whatever it is is fairly small, and is intended to unlock something in BT.

It's possible that, in finding Bottles' Revenge, we've already solved half the mystery. What we find in BK could simply be the thing which was going to activate Bottles' Revenge.

Zy0n7 5th October 2005 10:27 PM

Or maybe it's just a simple "put in bt" message or a "now you can use devil bottles (or wathever)" but anyway, it has to be there.

out of topic, regarding to your signature Ferminus, I can't add you to my msn list since your msn adress is not public

dmoss 5th October 2005 11:37 PM

Hmmm...here's another thought. What if we try playing the game straight through, however, while playing, we collect the eggs we believe are needed...in order. Even the Ice Key. Maybe we should only get them as the levels unlock...I dunno. Just another SnS "thought nugget"! ;)