The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

sambkman 18th February 2005 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref
I just noticed a rather interesting numerical coincedence. You get all the jiggies and end up with six, no? Then, you use four to double your honeycombs, and two are left over. Maybe, you get the four correct eggs (and not the two wrong ones) and go to that room and something will be there. Maybe.

Ive Already Mentioned a Simularity like this...read the post i made above...(my first post.)

hatrickpatrick 18th February 2005 06:48 PM

Well for once there are no equalizers being auctioned on ebay, so I'll have to wait a while before I can try it

sambkman 18th February 2005 10:39 PM

Why not just try it with a rom?

Jason 18th February 2005 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambkman
Why not just try it with a rom?

Becuase ROMs are wrong and illegal. ;)

Gold Jinjo 19th February 2005 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meow Mixer
And so is this guy

You're not funny. Stop spamming.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason
Becuase ROMs are wrong and illegal. ;)

...to discuss in public, at least ;)

Ratabulous 19th February 2005 03:27 AM

SnS: Defunked

Honestly, you guys can get the craziest ideas! if Rare had meant for SnS to be something big and long-term, they would have had Mumbo or Gruntilda say something about it, wouldn't they? I believe that the locations of the eggs are not coincidences, and that the four-egg thing was the original intention, but the interview was a Chaos Theory. Something to make you go, "Oh, alright, that's how it happened." I'm almost positive that SnS is either in BK or not at all. anyway, has anyone tried getting the blue and pink eggs + ice key in the order of the cutscenes at the end, and then maybe something would happen? Notice how Mumbo only shows you two of the six eggs, and the ice key of course. Plus, the locations they were in were always significant. I can remember when I was younger, I used to look in at Wozza's cave and yearn to get the ice key. I never could find a way. I also remember flying out to sharkfood island and wondering, why was it there? I also remember trying to open the door in Gobi's valley. Like I said, if Rare still had SnS accessible, it would have been more obvious. The other eggs may have served some other purpose, but until I saw the supposed "Screens" of BT in BK, I had no idea there were eggs. Plus, I remember seeing a picture of BK with the secrets (blue egg, pink egg, ice key) but nothing more. Plus, when Mumbo talks to ylou,after you beat BK, he says that these are the secrets you missed. He says nothing about the other four eggs. Could someone try just getting the secrets in the order they're shown, then beating the game to see if Mumbo says anything different? I believe it's the most plausible answer. Besides, after they cut-scene of Banjo on the beach with Blubber riding a racer, anything could have changed in the game. Could someone please try this? I already got the six eggs and key. The original game pak would work best, not a ROM or something.

Banjo-Fella 19th February 2005 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ratabulous
I'm almost positive that SnS is either in BK or not at all.

Well, er, it has to be one of those. ;)

Actually, I've just thought of something. Seeing as there was originally a Stop 'N' Swap planned with DK64, maybe the blue and pink eggs and the ice key were the only items ever meant to be used in Banjo-Tooie? Maybe the rest were meant to be swapped into DK64, and maybe some others into Conker's Bad Fur Day? There was an extra level in the windmill at one point, but it was removed in a comic fashion, so there are places they could have put in such a connection.

SubDrag 19th February 2005 03:10 PM

The RWP Official theory, and on our SNS special, is that the ice key was intended for DK. The rest of the eggs, presumably, then were intended for BT, though the only one given any functionality at one point was probably the ice key.

Ratabulous 19th February 2005 05:57 PM

Yes, your logic is undebatable because BK was made before DK64 or BT, but still, do you think that it's worth a shot winning the game with only the Blue and Pink eggs and the Ice Key to see if Mumbo says anything different? I mean, the only reason he talks to Banjo at the end is because you missed some secrets. If you collected those secrets, don't you suppose he would do something different, or not at all?

Ratabulous

SubDrag 19th February 2005 06:09 PM

It's almost surely been done before, and we haven't seen any evidence of additional text or anything.

Actually, BK and DK were in development at the same time, and SNS was likely tested at one point between them with the ice key. BT was later of course, which makes our theory make more sense as well.

Slasher 19th February 2005 06:18 PM

Wouldn't that mean people should concentrate more on Donkey Kong for a while to see if anything is still on that side?

DarkAriesknight 19th February 2005 06:19 PM

Quote:

Yes, your logic is undebatable because BK was made before DK64 or BT, but still, do you think that it's worth a shot winning the game with only the Blue and Pink eggs and the Ice Key to see if Mumbo says anything different? I mean, the only reason he talks to Banjo at the end is because you missed some secrets. If you collected those secrets, don't you suppose he would do something different, or not at all?

Ratabulous

Hey. That hasn't been tried yet or has it? I'll try it. I'm trying to get 100% on my N64 right now. And I have a question. When you beat the game when you want to play again do you have to beat grunty again or does everybody thank you and you follow your sister or something? Just curious cuz that could help in some ways...

SubDrag 19th February 2005 06:33 PM

You're right, we should try to concentrate on DK. We hacked the image and warp mod, the text mod has been ever so elusive still to this day. There's probably more to DK than we've found.

Slasher 19th February 2005 06:36 PM

I'd help with the hacking too, but I lost my gameshark years back when someone at a party tried to hook my regular games shark ontop of my gameshark pro, and then it stopped working. Also I don't know how to hack that well, I only know a small tidbit.

sambkman 19th February 2005 06:46 PM

Quote:

Ratabulous

I tried that. NOthing new.