The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

totokan 5th January 2006 11:47 PM

Using archive.org, it has multiple links to the site, usually from the days it was updated. I only checked the oldest two.
EDIT: doing the same to Rareware.com and using the original link, I found a rumor mill with a lot of q's and a's, but one of note is:
Q: Is there anything in the cave above the waterfall in Spiral Mountain?
A: This cave is empty in Banjo-Kazooie. Sorry!
Has anyone checking in B-T?

icegod 6th January 2006 03:02 AM

If i'm not mistaking there is a bk cart up there.

JaredDSMan 6th January 2006 03:03 AM

Hey, look at this? Kinda odd isn't it? Thiese codes sre for Banjo-Tooie!

http://www.nintendo.com/codegallery?...m-Game-0000-53

Benjo Koolzooie 6th January 2006 09:59 AM

Yeah it looks like they simply made a mistake and placed them in the BT section.In fact, they have been there a while. I wonder why Nintendo even has them on their site?

digidestind - GBTG: In that game their is a blackboard in one part of the game, and has a drawing of 4 eggs and a key, and also some other drawings (not sure what they are).

And yes, in BT, the waterfall in BT has a small cave, with a blue egg inside a cart.

totokan 6th January 2006 10:36 AM

Yah, I realised after I went up there again. You can see the top of the tower in BT, and it looks untouched.

digidestind 6th January 2006 11:29 AM

so.. what about the winkey bunion thing i mentioned on the last page?

Benjo Koolzooie 6th January 2006 03:17 PM

Yes, a lot of people picked up on the Winkybunion thing a few years ago over at Gamefaqs. I think people attempted going to the code chamber and typing winkybunion and so on, and it came to nothing in the end.

noply 6th January 2006 10:39 PM

I remember that.
They also tried stuff like "wnkybunon", "winkybunon", "and wnkybunion" because they thought the i's in winkybunion could have something to do with her always losing her eyes. Especially the left one.

ChrisPBacon 7th January 2006 03:33 AM

I think that if any Bk will ahve SnS still working, it would be BK:GR. Although there is no evidence of SnS, I'm sure Rare was always thinking about making DS games, even before they announced it. DS games have already hooked up with GBA games, so it could be very possible taht a working version of SnS lies in BKGR. Just a though. Also, the BT cheats on nintendo codes are still listed in BK and BT. I just got back from ski club, and have to go to bed, then study for midterms, so I wont be on BT or Bk for a week. I'll try to help as soon as possible.

vaticandrummer 7th January 2006 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Actually, there are several mysteries in the levels list (check the GS glitch topic):
That weird spiral mountain clone we found, where it just spins past you, for a start
Then, in memory, search for the word "secret" and you'll find a bizarre table, with blank lines above and below it, which says
SECRET ICE SECRET BEACH SECRET EGG SECRET CELLAR etc

I seriously think that this could be a huge discovery that has been overlooked.

Think about it.

Ice = the Ice Key
Beach = TTC, where Sharkfood Island is with the pink egg
Egg = (I assume this is just a generalization of all of the eggs? I don't know)
Cellar = the cellar of MMM where the cyan egg is found

I beleive that there may be clues to the other eggs in this text string, going along with the 4 eggs theory.

I think that this could tie-in with the GBTG chalkboard, aswell:
Ice key + 4 eggs = ?

As for the drawings on the chalkboard, don't they display Sharkfood Island from an aerial view, the Ice Key platform with the key from an aerial view and Gobi's crypt?

That would explain most of the chalkboard from GBTG, except for the "Open secret level" bit, where I thought this "secret level" may have been the "Ridiciously Secret Area" from BT, but was removed midway during BT's making due to complications, or perhaps this could be a hidden freeze digit in BK using Instant Warp (didn't hatrick find a beta Spiral Mountain or something using freeze digits with Instant Warp?)

We also still have to consider the "Grunty's Lair: Tower Room" in BT. My theory is:

After obtaining the correct SnS items, you go to the beauty room in Grunty's Lair and a door is opened. Upon entering this door, you get a cutscene or a message saying "Insert BT" or something of the sort. Once you were in BT, you would be in the "Tower Room" where I assume the items would be put to use.

I think though, the Tower Room in BT was scrapped due to space limitations and complications with SnS, and the text string wasn't removed. I guess the same could apply to the "Ridiculously Secret Area" in BT aswell.

I don't know, just some thoughts for you all.

xtreme6789v2 7th January 2006 09:15 AM

Well Hatrick, what other lines are in the string besides "SECRET ICE SECRET BEACH SECRET EGG SECRET CELLAR" since you included "etc." ?

qwertybub3 7th January 2006 12:39 PM

What's the Ridiculously Secret Area?

vaticandrummer 7th January 2006 05:52 PM

It's a line of text found in Banjo Tooie, aswell as "Grunty's Lair: Tower Room" and "Shouldn't Be Here Jinjo House".

Banjo-Fella 7th January 2006 06:02 PM

"Shouldn't Be Here Jinjo House" actually contains a map, though. They created a version of the Jinjo's house for the Grey Jinjos - and inexplicably changed its level name - maybe just for a laugh.

vaticandrummer 7th January 2006 06:23 PM

Ah, I see.

Well, I still think we should check other Freeze digits in Instant Warp to see perhaps that if they might be something like the beta SM.

Could someone PM me with info to help me get the Instant Warp in BK working? I seem to be clueless. :confused: