The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

banjo nerd 12th January 2006 10:19 PM

ok,what was i gonaa say *smashes head with science*ahh there we go.Who rembers what order did mumbo show the pics?

vaticandrummer 12th January 2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kablamooie
Well, Mumbo said that we'd get the secrets in Banjo-Tooie, and we did. He kept his promise.

The only thing about that is, Rare promised we would go back to BK and get the items from there. They mentioned it on the BT Tepid Seat interview and in their Scribes.

banjo nerd 13th January 2006 02:11 PM

people do you want this sticky/topic to die

banjo nerd 13th January 2006 02:42 PM

double post

there still could be a connection betwine fp ff how many clues

-in boggys house in fp there is a pic of fp in the day
-in halfire somthing in boggys house here is a pic of fp at night!
-the big thing wall at the entrance of fp what has ? that is an advent calender
-fp is lvl 5 ff forest is lvl 5
-and much more

i would like to be proved wrong

Go_Nosis 13th January 2006 06:05 PM

Banjo Nerd, you have a good point. I'd like to see a new level myself. Kinda makes you wonder. Maybe Stop n Swop opens something on both ends? Maybe on the Tooie end, it unlocks the "Bottles Revenge" mode, and on Kazooie, it unlocks the "Fungus Forest" stage.

Anyone give any more thought to the "Base Egg" they found in tooie? I compared it to the one in kazooie, it's a match. A good one. AND the base egg is tangible. As in, you can jump on top of it. you can stand on it. That, immediately, makes it more than just an image.

Maybe Rare's ramblings about a "stop N swop room" were right? A place in Tooie where you go, where the eggs and key are there.. or at least the eggs.. and they are approachable.

This could happen, because if im not mistaken, we have yet to figure out where the "Tower Room" and "Ridiculously Secret Area" are, and what relevence they have to the game.

Cmon people, theories! theories! With all the amazing discoveries recently, I can just feel that we're coming close to the answer!

Rocketlex 13th January 2006 06:38 PM

You want theories? I got theories...

1) Personally, I don't think we'll find anything new without hacking. If the Tower Room and RSA are in there, the only way we're going to find them is to have people go in a rip the game apart looking for them.

2) Then again, I can't help but think that there might be a way to access the Ridiculously Secret Area somewhere in the game, and that it might actually be a real part of the game about which nobody knows. What makes me think this is the name. "Ridiculously Secret Area," at least in my mind, means an area with such a wierd and random method of unlocking it that nobody will figure it out until Rare tells them. You know, something like "Bill Drill Big Al's shop 17 times, then transform into a van and kill two slot machines, then go to Clinker's Cavern and shoot some random grate with three fire eggs and six granade eggs," or some crazy thing like that. Why haven't we found it yet? It's probably because, like the cyan egg barrel, it simply will never load until the proper sequence is input. If this sequence is long enough (ie, involves multiple values in different places) it may be really hard to figure out through hacking, too. However, this is not to say we should give up, because of theory three.

3) I think that, if we're going to find these things through hacking, we're going to need to pay attention to anything and everything that looks even remotely odd or out of place in the game's programming. I guess this is kind of a no-brainer, but if the key to SnS is as wierd as my second theory suggests, the clues could be as small as a single value somewhere which doesn't seem to go to anything.

Those are just my thoughts. People with gamesharks, I think the ball's officially in your court, now.

Benjo Koolzooie 13th January 2006 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kablamooie
Well, Mumbo said that we'd get the secrets in Banjo-Tooie, and we did. He kept his promise.

Mumbo states we return to BK for the items, and it is apparent we were supposed to return to the actual BK game to acquire them. Hence the special fanfare when entering an area holding a secret item, also the fact the SNS menu exists in BK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjo nerd
people do you want this sticky/topic to die

What are you talking about? You keep suggesting people have no interest or are not trying with this topic, even though most have been posting since the topic started, before you were even around. So please stop saying people are not interested or putting effort in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go_Nosis
Banjo Nerd, you have a good point. I'd like to see a new level myself. Kinda makes you wonder. Maybe Stop n Swop opens something on both ends? Maybe on the Tooie end, it unlocks the "Bottles Revenge" mode, and on Kazooie, it unlocks the "Fungus Forest" stage.

I believe that one of the features unlock from one of the eggs from BK, was to be Bottles Revenge. Although it kind of makes me wonder why Bottles Revenge was left in BT's PAL version even if the base egg was removed. Plus, Rare knew they weren't going ahead with SNS, so why even leave Bottles Revenge in? Perhaps Rare wanted to cause trouble..? I highly doubt anything is unlocked in BK, apart from the secret item chambers.

Quote:

Anyone give any more thought to the "Base Egg" they found in tooie? I compared it to the one in kazooie, it's a match. A good one. AND the base egg is tangible. As in, you can jump on top of it. you can stand on it. That, immediately, makes it more than just an image..!

It is a match with the base egg in Kazooie you mean? Yes! Which is evidence that the large eggs from BK were once in BT...so they did attempt the SNS thing... But, the yellow base egg in BK could not be stood on. Could it? You touch it and it is collected. Then again saying that, it is possible to stand on the pink and blue eggs in BT, before collecting them.

Quote:

Maybe Rare's ramblings about a "stop N swop room" were right? A place in Tooie where you go, where the eggs and key are there.. or at least the eggs.. and they are approachable.

What were them ramblings again? I can't remember exactly?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocketlex
You want theories? I got theories...

1) Personally, I don't think we'll find anything new without hacking. If the Tower Room and RSA are in there, the only way we're going to find them is to have people go in a rip the game apart looking for them.

2) Then again, I can't help but think that there might be a way to access the Ridiculously Secret Area somewhere in the game, and that it might actually be a real part of the game about which nobody knows. What makes me think this is the name. "Ridiculously Secret Area," at least in my mind, means an area with such a wierd and random method of unlocking it that nobody will figure it out until Rare tells them. You know, something like "Bill Drill Big Al's shop 17 times, then transform into a van and kill two slot machines, then go to Clinker's Cavern and shoot some random grate with three fire eggs and six granade eggs," or some crazy thing like that. Why haven't we found it yet? It's probably because, like the cyan egg barrel, it simply will never load until the proper sequence is input. If this sequence is long enough (ie, involves multiple values in different places) it may be really hard to figure out through hacking, too. However, this is not to say we should give up, because of theory three.

3) I think that, if we're going to find these things through hacking, we're going to need to pay attention to anything and everything that looks even remotely odd or out of place in the game's programming. I guess this is kind of a no-brainer, but if the key to SnS is as wierd as my second theory suggests, the clues could be as small as a single value somewhere which doesn't seem to go to anything.

Those are just my thoughts. People with gamesharks, I think the ball's officially in your court, now.

1) Me neither. I think the main way to find anything new will only be through hacking, something that I can not actually help with. But, people with no hacking skill/without the equipment too are still important. I for example insisted somebody used the line mode on Project 64 (I think), and look around the ice wall near the ice key. They discovered the ice wall splits in to two and "hides" inside the wall. So, everybody without the ability to hack, dont be discouraged to think of ideas, you are still important. But hacking will be the aspect to find anything new.

2) Yes! Like in DKC2 for the SNES, collecting bananas and doing a series of actions on a certain level unlocked all of a certain kind of coin early in the game. There could very well be a certain action that could be pulled off to trigger something. in BK, I tried alsorts. From beak busting every palm tree Treasure Trove Cove and collecting the music notes in a sequence. I find the island in DCK 3 (which has to be circled a few times, in order for it to rise out of the sea, and reveal a secret area) and the shark food island uncanny! One problem is, shark food island can not be circled.

Rocketlex 13th January 2006 11:04 PM

Take my theories involving hacking with a grain of salt. I'm not a hacker and the only programming language I know is TrueBasic (and only minimally.)

banjooie 14th January 2006 01:15 AM

I also think that the *only* way anything big will get discovered is by hacking. All this "collect the eggs in this order" business is nonsense imo.

The secrets (if any) are in the game's code, FACT. So why are we over-analysing these little touches that rare have added to the games?

I also find it strange that Subdrag and Ice rarely contribute to this thread, since they have the most programming/hacking experience. I think that they know in the back of their minds that no-one here will discover anything of any importance, and instead of dismiss some of these silly SNS methods, they keep quiet to prevent the forum dieing.

I mean.. i'm sure they know BK's code inside out, what with all the GS codes and tools (e.g. texture replacer). I'm also sure they know that no other levels, sandcastle codes or cutscenes exists. But again they keep quiet and let us waste time finding out for ourselves.

[/rant]

totokan 14th January 2006 01:25 AM

The only way to know for sure is to hold rare's president up for ransom! :D
But seriously, Rare's probably laughing at us. "Redicuously secret area" maybe is so simple to do, it's rediculous. It's like the Not-so-sacred chamber and the really-sacred chamber in the mayan level, a stupid pointless red herring. Maybe Our friend the pirate is one, too.
My guess is that if there's a secret code in BT, it has something to do with the seagulls/clockwork gernade thing. Something small that grows.

dmoss 14th January 2006 01:33 AM

You know...the seagull-thing may be somehow feasible. When it was mentioned to Rareware employees, they never dismissed the idea, and were apalled when someone called it a "mistake". So, that leads me to believe that perhaps there could be something more to that...maybe. ;)

Yuoko 14th January 2006 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjooie
I also think that the *only* way anything big will get discovered is by hacking. All this "collect the eggs in this order" business is nonsense imo.

The secrets (if any) are in the game's code, FACT. So why are we over-analysing these little touches that rare have added to the games?

I also find it strange that Subdrag and Ice rarely contribute to this thread, since they have the most programming/hacking experience. I think that they know in the back of their minds that no-one here will discover anything of any importance, and instead of dismiss some of these silly SNS methods, they keep quiet to prevent the forum dieing.

I mean.. i'm sure they know BK's code inside out, what with all the GS codes and tools (e.g. texture replacer). I'm also sure they know that no other levels, sandcastle codes or cutscenes exists. But again they keep quiet and let us waste time finding out for ourselves.

[/rant]

Well, Sub's retired from Video game hacking, and Ice is off who knows where, or probably being lazy.
Well, the cutscene thing can't truely be said, as we don't have a anywhere decent Cutscene Modifier...
And agreed. If there's any code pertaining to the Stop 'N' Swop transfer in Banjo-Tooie, it will either be incomplete, or hidden VERY well.
I personally beleive in the "Cold Swapping" theory.

Go_Nosis 14th January 2006 12:55 PM

I don't know about Cold Swapping..

I'm beginning to see stuff that's telling me that SnS is still fully functional, though. What we need to do is find a program that'll allow us to literally tear the games apart. Allow us to make full data/text/image dumps on Tooie and view through it all with a fine tooth comb. I personally volunteer to comb through the info single handedly, if someone could be so kind as to supply me with information on where I could aquiest such a program. Any takers?

Yuoko 14th January 2006 02:43 PM

As for Cold Swapping, here you go.
Here
Anyway, what would these 'things' that make you think SnS is still operational be?

Benjo Koolzooie 14th January 2006 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjooie

[/rant]

The only thing will be discovered will be by hacking, true. But sometimes it takes a non-hackers mind to supply a comment that would help a hacker crack something. I don't believe the eggs need to be collected in a certain order either however.

Subdrag and Ice don't participate in every topic on the website, they maintain the site, join in when they wish and get on with their lives.

Small discoveries have been found without hacking that have been useful to the SNS ordeal. Ie: ice wall near the ice chamber not just vanising/crackng, but sliding back in to the walls in 2. Evidence cut scenes unknown of may be inbedded in the game.