The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Gaming (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   HAT TCG General (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55181)

Danny Trabajo 5th October 2019 07:26 PM

Which actually doesn't seem to do anything

Danny Trabajo 7th October 2019 08:38 PM

Would not mind playing some G/S or R/S set games either sometime if you want to

Danny Trabajo 7th October 2019 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alakazam (Post 1288265)
cool, lemme know which exact formats you make decks for and i'll give it a whirl

dunsparce is really good in R/S and that always made me happy

I have a few RS-on, Neo-on, Rocket-on and E-card I am happy to play with

Danny Trabajo 9th October 2019 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alakazam (Post 1288317)
i've got my old r/s deck built and i'm playing around with some neo-on ideas, happy to play both at any point today :yiffy

If you're on in like 5 minutes I can play then

Danny Trabajo 9th October 2019 05:48 PM

AH I see you

Danny Trabajo 9th October 2019 06:22 PM

Did a multiple time TCG world champion just join our game

Danny Trabajo 9th October 2019 07:03 PM

Must have been scouting new deck ideas. Two Marills and a Wobbuffet, the secret to my success

Danny Trabajo 9th October 2019 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alakazam (Post 1288327)
yeah that was really wild, guess he must've been surprised to see someone playing R/S

you probably found it already, but his website is actually really great, there's a lot of history about the game and a lot of solid blueprints for decks

https://jklaczpokemon.wordpress.com/

His website is great, I'm now really glad you took the initiative to tell him that when he dropped by

neen 11th October 2019 06:33 AM

sometimes i build a deck just so i can shuffle it [some sleeves surprise with slippery shuffling smoothness]

firealpha 26th March 2020 07:26 PM

That is a very fun art!

Mr/Sir Norris 11th May 2020 02:07 PM

I often have to stop myself from impulse buying Yu-Gi-Oh boosters from my local drug store, because I don't have any real use or place for them right now. But the feeling of opening a booster always sounds so tempting. Thinking I might try and get World Championship 2006 running on my phone to try it all out again, especially with the simpler mechanics. Found that Yu-Gi-Oh got a little bit too wild in recent times.

Zondekel 11th May 2020 02:44 PM

I still buy Pokemon card packs from time to time. I have no real use for them either and they end up staying in boxes, but I like the card art and it's always nice to see what the TCG is up to lately.

Mr/Sir Norris 11th May 2020 03:12 PM

I have a friend who collects Pokémon cards for that exact reason, they enjoy being able to collect and display artwork, which I appreciate completely. However I'm in a constant state of decluttering that I feel adding a new collection to would actively work against haha.

I just googled WC2006, found out I was talking about the 2004 worldwide edition derp (Stairway to the Destined Duel?). Time is weird.

When it comes to WW2004, I just love the aesthetic of the game. I feel they captured not only the battle city arc perfectly, but just the vibe and feel of 2004ish. Like that game felt so cutting edge and modern to me as a kid, and I feel like it holds up even today. Plus making a card game work within the limitations of the GBA and have it feel snappy is a design marvel to me.

Danny Trabajo 11th May 2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alakazam (Post 1295716)
let's play card games! and/or talk about card games!

would love to answer AMA questions about my TCG history, if anyone cares enough

If you get bored I'm down for TCGone sometime, any format.

Mr/Sir Norris 11th May 2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alakazam (Post 1295734)
SDD is 2003, 04 was just subtitled World Championship 2004 iirc

if you're thinking of the one with the map overworld though, that's 2003 - if so, that's my most played and still my go-to GBASP game

Feck I edited that about 3 or 4 times trying different years and still got it wrong lmao.

Yah 2003 sounds right with the blue overworld map and the Marik's underlings hiding amongst the public. Such a good game, so satisfying building up decks and collections. I remember there being a lot of broken cards in there still tho.