The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   let's speculate (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20307)

treeckoman 25th August 2008 09:22 PM

let's speculate

What do you think some of the banjo beta levels might have looked like before they we're remade into other games. We are going purely off of opinion here. no trying to disprove anything. this is just opinions.

Deebs 25th August 2008 09:40 PM

Apart from worse graphics i think they would have looked quite similar, but the Fungi Forest in DK64 looks a bit like click clock woods layout... So i'm not sure what the real fungus forest would have looked like...

runehero123 26th August 2008 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonBottles
So i'm not sure what the real fungus forest would have looked like...

People speculate that Clankers Cavern was the original Fungus Forest. Why? Because during one of the beta videos it showed a clip of "Clankers Cavern" playing the exact tune to DK64's Fungi Forest.

Apart from that, MFE looked somewhat like the fire side of hail-fire peaks. The other planned levels were never actually added, and well...we all know what the rest looked like.

Deebs 27th August 2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runehero123 (Post 405882)
People speculate that Clankers Cavern was the original Fungus Forest. Why? Because during one of the beta videos it showed a clip of "Clankers Cavern" playing the exact tune to DK64's Fungi Forest.

I saw the video and i find it hard to believe. It was only about a 3 second cut and it could have been anything... A lot of the tunes are similar because they use the same soungs and composed by the same person.

treeckoman 27th August 2008 06:55 PM

I know that was awesome.

BanjoLover50 27th August 2008 07:29 PM

In one thread someone said that Glitter Glutch Mines, Witchyworld, and something else were going to be in BK not BT so how would you think their textures would look like?

KazooieKlunkz 27th August 2008 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonBottles (Post 406584)
I saw the video and i find it hard to believe. It was only about a 3 second cut and it could have been anything... A lot of the tunes are similar because they use the same soungs and composed by the same person.

I dont know I saw the video and it's lead me to believe that Fungus Forest was originally Clanker's Cavern and was just moved to DK64 and called Fungi Forest.

As for MFE, It really looks like a cross between Gobi's Valley and the fiery side of Hailfire Peaks as runehero said above.

treeckoman 27th August 2008 08:18 PM

I think that the worlds used to be connected. as implied by the fencein the original screenshots. (I wish the beta levels were still accessible in the final version. I would like to see what they intended at first.)

KazooieKlunkz 27th August 2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treeckoman (Post 406750)
I think that the worlds used to be connected. as implied by the fencein the original screenshots. (I wish the beta levels were still accessible in the final version. I would like to see what they intended at first.)

That's another possibility. I don't know maybe one of the tunnels lead to the other part of the level, like a forest. This has been a theory for a while, but I still kind of think that maybe Clanker's Cavern was part of Fungus Forest and that one of the tunnels may lead up to the forest part. Who knows..

runehero123 27th August 2008 08:26 PM

The only thing we would have to ask is what the hell would a huge whale shark be doing in a forest? :p

Still, the music itself was for the actual area, and everything was organic which suggests that the level wouldn't have been called Clankers Cavern back then.

Quote:

A lot of the tunes are similar because they use the same soungs and composed by the same person.
Except this song is pretty much EXACTLY the same as Fungi Forest in DK64. If it was remixed like the SNS tune and Troff N Scoff then yeah.

treeckoman 27th August 2008 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KazooieKlunkz (Post 406754)
That's another possibility. I don't know maybe one of the tunnels lead to the other part of the level, like a forest. This has been a theory for a while, but I still kind of think that maybe Clanker's Cavern was part of Fungus Forest and that one of the tunnels may lead up to the forest part. Who knows..

I think that too. Clanker used to be a shark. (Or untextured) and did you notice how click clock woods pedastal is kinda misplaced. I think that the pedastal used to be fungus forest's. and also notice that there is a lot of fungus in the entrance before clanker's cavern. and also how clankers cavern wasn't even mentioned until the game came out. cool stuff.

runehero123 27th August 2008 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treeckoman
I think that too. Clanker used to be a shark. (Or untextured) and did you notice how click clock woods pedastal is kinda misplaced. I think that the pedastal used to be fungus forest's. and also notice that there is a lot of fungus in the entrance before clanker's cavern. and also how clankers cavern wasn't even mentioned until the game came out. cool stuff.

I highly doubt that the Click Clock wood pedastal was ever part of Fungus Forest. In fact, I doubt Fungus Forest ever had a room in Gruntys Lair. Why? Because it was most likely changed to Clankers Cavern before they started building Gruntildas Lair.

Gruntys Lair didn't exist in the E3 build, and that's where the "Clankers Cavern" video comes from, correct?

KazooieKlunkz 27th August 2008 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by runehero123 (Post 406757)
The only thing we would have to ask is what the hell would a huge whale shark be doing in a forest? :p

Still, the music itself was for the actual area, and everything was organic which suggests that the level wouldn't have been called Clankers Cavern back then.

Except this song is pretty much EXACTLY the same as Fungi Forest in DK64. If it was remixed like the SNS tune and Troff N Scoff then yeah.

Eh, true. I don't know, maybe it was one of those..eh..well nevermind. I was trying to think of a situation where an animal is subcluded somewhere. Oh well, I figured maybe you would rescue Clanker from his little trapped place (god knows who would put him there) and maybe he could swim back to the sea..? Haha I don't know :P

treeckoman 27th August 2008 08:49 PM

Wow I didn't know thelair wasn't originally in the game. mabye they used to have an "Isle o hags" type thing with spiral mountai. you probably used to be able to travel places. notice the names. fungus forest, mount fire eyes, rusty bucket bay, hammerhead beach, bubblegloop swamp, Freezeezy peak, click clock wood, spiral mountain, mumbo's mountain. let's see we have three mountain levels, a valley, a frozen mountain, a swamp, an industrial bay, a beach, and two forests. (I didn't mention clankers cavern because It was probably a late add in.)

Coolboyman 28th August 2008 12:26 AM

Yeah, Gruntilda's lair was the final part of the game being built.

Here's the order that the levels were actually first made:
1. Treasure Trove Cove (AKA Hammerhead Beach)
2. Gobi's Valley
3. Mad Monster Mansion
4. Mumbo's Mountain
5. Rusty Bucket Bay
6. Freezeezy Peak
7. Spiral Mountain
8. Bubblegloop Swamp
9. Click Clock Wood
10. Clanker's Cavern
11. Grunty's Lair

As far as I know, this is the order for Banjo-Tooie
1. Mayahem Temple