The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Yuoko 9th April 2006 10:19 PM

Hat's right, getting to the Coding is pretty much impossible to those who don't use a ROM...
As for the Cutscene Modifier, to save you all who haven't tried messing with the one we have, it's one giant piece of crap.

DemyGod 10th April 2006 12:09 AM

So I guess thats a no, What about Image modifers. Is it possible to search for new items. We can change anything into anything, Correct? Maybe there was a couple new items we would of gotten.

s.w.a.t 10th April 2006 12:58 AM

Dor the cut scene thing, is it possible that they don't use cutscenes in the way you would think? What if they just locked the controls, changed the camers, and added the talking picture thingies over the screen?It would have the same effect.

Go_Nosis 10th April 2006 01:03 AM

Something bugs me. It's like rare seriously went out of their way on tooie.

GS codes make it crash, The cutscenes could be complicated uses of warp codes and image/object modifiers, its almost tweak free (I know, i've tried.)

Kinda seems odd. Suspicious, one would think.

If only I had anything I could use. ANYTHING to help me tweak past walls. I've done some things, but there are specific places I want to check outside of borders, one of them being Jolly's.

DemyGod 10th April 2006 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go_Nosis

GS codes make it crash, The cutscenes could be complicated uses of warp codes and image/object modifiers, its almost tweak free (I know, i've tried.)

If only I had anything I could use. ANYTHING to help me tweak past walls. I've done some things, but there are specific places I want to check outside of borders, one of them being Jolly's.

Yeah, I think becuase we got the SNS items in BK they wanted to make sure we got nothing out of Tooie. We got BottlesRevenge, but thats about it.

Yuoko 10th April 2006 02:52 AM

They're still mad about that, you know.
Heh, one side note here...
Does anyone know any way as to get to a Xbox 360 Game's coding?
I'm still investigating Kameo's Giant, pain in the ***, locked door.

2Gamer11 10th April 2006 02:58 AM

Quote:

Fire wall implented in game probably of course what do i now.:confused:

Lemmiwinks 10th April 2006 06:07 AM

There's a walk-through-walls code for BT that I use often. It's the one where you sink through surfaces, and have to jump to stay in the level. I can run GS codes fine on PJ64 - it freezes sometimes, but I've determined that it isn't caused by codes.

Ice Lightning 10th April 2006 11:29 AM

I tried that Walk Through Walls code and Moon Jump code for Banjo-Tooie but I've never been able to get any of them to work. How do they work? I enter the code on Project 64, press C-up for the Moon Jump and nothing happens, I go into first person view. For the Walk Through Walls nothing happens at all.

One of the areas I'd like to explore is outside the walls of Behind the Waterfall. It just seems like that place has more meaning.

BanjoPL 10th April 2006 11:38 AM

I have the same problem...

Yuoko 10th April 2006 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yuoko
They're still mad about that, you know.
Heh, one side note here...
Does anyone know any way as to get to a Xbox 360 Game's coding?
I'm still investigating Kameo's Giant, pain in the ***, locked door.

I just thought of something...
IF, (and that's a BIG If.) we found some way to get that door open, we went through, and it said "Please Insert Banjo-Threeie disk now!", I would laugh so ****ing hard...:rolleyes:

hatrickpatrick 10th April 2006 11:48 AM

There's another problem with hacking Tooie... Even if we DO get past the nightmare crashes, the games memory is much like CBFD's, albeit not quite so bad. Nothing ever stays where it's put, and every time you finally find the variable you're looking for, chances are it'll have moved to another address by the time you get to the place where you have to use is. And I've always found fiddling with pointers to be a COMPLETE nightmare, actually finding where they are is one thing, and then you discover that there's a pointer which points to the 2nd pointer, which points to the function. So you have to fix 2 codes. Then you discover the THIRD pointer, and so on...

Quote:

What if they just locked the controls, changed the camers, and added the talking picture thingies over the screen?It would have the same effect.
That's basically what they DO do, but they also use object/warp mods when a different room to the one you're already in is involved. The warp mod tells the camera where to come in.

The control lock is an interesting one though... When I went looking for the cutscene mod in BK a few months ago, I found what I can only describe as "demo control codes". They basically have a programmed set of moves for banjo to execute, one for each cutscene. So if you switch the control code to, say, the digit for the MM intro scene, banjo will act as he does in that demo. Many digits in this modifier seem to have completely random effects, he randomly attacks the ground, jumps around, etc...

The 2nd control code is for viewpoint/control set. Say, for example, a level has 2 cutscenes in the same place, a cutscene and a demo. This has a different digit for each type. It also allows you to take control of banjo at any time by changing the digit to 03 or 09 (depends what area you're in). Setting it to 0A causes banjo to act out the SnS ending cutscene (IE: If you put it to 0A in freezeeasy peak, banjo does all the moves he does to get to the Ice Key, if you do it in Gobi's Valley he does the moves he uses for the coffin, etc etc... If you do it in a non SNS level the game crashes)

Finally, the simplest of the demo control codes: It's a simple activator which can be set to 1 or 0. It switches between whether you can move freely, or whether you're stuck in one spot (IE while talking to a character).

I highly suspect that there are more of these, but again, hacking them is horrible because if you go to a digit which has no actions assigned to it, the game crashes. So we have to turn to emulators, and unfortunatly PJ64 can only use emucheat, which moves the bytes all over the place, and Nemu64 has probably the most akward hacking program I've ever come accross...

Lemmiwinks 10th April 2006 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Lightning
I tried that Walk Through Walls code and Moon Jump code for Banjo-Tooie but I've never been able to get any of them to work. How do they work? I enter the code on Project 64, press C-up for the Moon Jump and nothing happens, I go into first person view. For the Walk Through Walls nothing happens at all.

One of the areas I'd like to explore is outside the walls of Behind the Waterfall. It just seems like that place has more meaning.

That's strange, they work fine for me. Here are some pics I took with the code, of Jolly's and Behind the Waterfall.

http://s33.photobucket.com/albums/d7...njo%20screens/

If that link doesn't work, tell me. What's interesting is that the water outside of Jolly's is swimmable, yet it's different from the water in the actual level. I could hear the seagulls too.

hatrickpatrick 10th April 2006 09:50 PM

He's right, I can't get those codes to work either... I'm using PAL (UK) BT... Can anyone help me? Walk through walls and moon jump are all I need...

icegod 10th April 2006 11:29 PM

Be sure to use the must be on code, even on an emulator, some codes won't work without.