The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

maypep_necro 15th June 2006 01:02 AM

Interesting but what: "The gate opens to reveal your prize" code do?

pinkbull 15th June 2006 03:19 AM

Well then I'm back from Florida. Great place I'd reccamend it the backwater fanboat way. And now on topic. I've gotton a Sci-fi written by me based idea. A book I was writting for school was based around re-writing people's minds to basicly Swap bodies with each other. Anyway this inspired a theory for a process called Involintary Code Trading (ICT). This theoretical process consists of taking code from one game and moving it into another or just coping and rewriting. The advantage? Stop 'n' Swap. This is also a good thing to find inspiration for the real answer. It is a very strange theory yes. But could help.
Anyway when I got back I realized somthing. I can't hack N64 games. I've done just a little bit of hacking and I am not very good at it along with alot of other people here.
OFF TOPIC: So I thought of a solution. Make a hacking section to teach people like me and other to hack very well and help the SnS cause

Dricenticore 15th June 2006 10:40 AM

Ive been reading but not posting. I might accidently ruin everything by gettign hopped up on red cordial n strt tking lk tihshseses n rvel snsd.

Anyway, My comments on what has happenned so far: Hatrick and Slap, good jobs on those.

Remember that kid back on page 146-149 who said that if we hack the game enough we can make SNS for ourselves and we will find SNS? He eventually went into denial. I can tell when someone is crying through the internet by how they type. He repeated "omg" 4 times.

Bob the builder: He only came clean AFTER we threatened to tell rare. Funny that. He was scared behind the keyboard. In his panic he quit RWP, called us all foggots (what is a foggot?) and even called his own theory retarded.

RWP: 23, Stupid lame theories: 14

Back on track, Have you tried putting the digits used to obtain all SNS items after the Partial Activator? I know it doesnt relate but its worth 1/34th of a shot.

s.w.a.t 15th June 2006 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dricenticore
Ive been reading but not posting. I might accidently ruin everything by gettign hopped up on red cordial n strt tking lk tihshseses n rvel snsd.

Anyway, My comments on what has happenned so far: Hatrick and Slap, good jobs on those.

Remember that kid back on page 146-149 who said that if we hack the game enough we can make SNS for ourselves and we will find SNS? He eventually went into denial. I can tell when someone is crying through the internet by how they type. He repeated "omg" 4 times.

Bob the builder: He only came clean AFTER we threatened to tell rare. Funny that. He was scared behind the keyboard. In his panic he quit RWP, called us all foggots (what is a foggot?) and even called his own theory retarded.

RWP: 23, Stupid lame theories: 14

Back on track, Have you tried putting the digits used to obtain all SNS items after the Partial Activator? I know it doesnt relate but its worth 1/34th of a shot.

He called us a ***got. A ***got is not good, I can tel you that.

ChillyDark 15th June 2006 01:18 PM

I guess it's worth a shot, hatrick and slaphappy find the codes, and we are happy. As for you question, maypep. All it does is put that text up that that Black Snippet says when you open that gate to get the jiggy.
-ChillyDark.

Campusanis 15th June 2006 09:30 PM

http://www.rarenet.com/wiki/index.ph...Kazooie_Rumors

Why does this get so little attention? Or is it fake?
This should be the number one source for anything related to SnS. I don't think the "designer" lied in this interview and it was made when Rare actually thought to implement the secrets in BT. When they ask the question about how BK connects to BT, the answer looks to me something very much like "You'll never get this one!" and not like a "simple" 64DD game. Something special like SnS would fit the answer.
And if you look at the other answers, they're all true. Gobi was in the fire world in BT (just forgot the name :p ) and about the cave above the waterfalls he said that it was empty in BK. Well, it isn't in BT. Also, you can be a T-Rex in BT.

As I said in another thread, this information (combined with the some other pages on Rarenet) leads me to only one possible conclusion: Anything that was meant to be SnS in BK is still in there, because they started to dislike (or whatever, see this) the whole thing after BK's release. Maybe they couldn't clean up BT completely within time which could be the reason for the base egg in the NTSC version of the game.

And one thought about the DK picture in the Kazooie save game screen. I think, this picture was there to show which game was just "swapped" (in this case maybe DK64), i.e. which SnS-compatible game has been in the N64 before BK.

Just what I thought after travelling through Rarenet.

EDIT: Yet a new page again, this is heavy. ^^

eddz 15th June 2006 09:44 PM

This is alot of pages. I don't have time to read them all! What is the conclusion to Sn'S in BK?

pinkbull 15th June 2006 11:00 PM

Don't worry eddz I have a summery in the process and am on page 80. It is very long and gets boring at times but alot of interesting stuff in it. Also it will be even slower now that I'm spending alot of time at Starmen.net. I'll try to get to page 140 by morning. But if you want to know the iportant stuff try the BK wiki article

ChillyDark 15th June 2006 11:13 PM

One stupid rumour after another.
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Hailfire_...123&st=0&#last.
This guy has to be lying, there isn't anyway to get SNS that this guy knows.
I am not advertising.

collecter 16th June 2006 12:35 AM

SNS is out of control wiith messed up rumers. Rarewitchproject only site I still trust on the topic and if you haven't seen it yet, go to Game winners .com and look in Banjo Kazooie for something I think sme people actually beleive. (I'm talking about the "sunken ship" theory that is polluting the internet)

pinkbull 16th June 2006 02:17 AM

Mabe we should focus on finding Ridiculusly Secret area. RSA may have to do with Stop 'n' Swap and may be where you learn how to activate it even though it may just be the text of it left.

Yuoko 16th June 2006 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChillyDark
One stupid rumour after another.
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Hailfire_...123&st=0&#last.
This guy has to be lying, there isn't anyway to get SNS that this guy knows.
I am not advertising.

*glances* :no:

slaphappy 16th June 2006 05:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just thought I'd post a quick update. It's hard to stay focused in one direction when trying to dissect what the code is doing. You look for one thing and end up somewhere completely different.

First, with the cutscene, interesting find hatrick, with the barrels disappearing. As for the slow motion, it looks like when you don't hit the cutscene activator exactly, it continually calls the function to hide banjo. It constantly writes 0 to the address I posted to get banjo back by setting it to 1. Also, take a look at the season change cutscenes in CCW. The partial activator isn't involved at all when you open the season doors by smashing the switch. I've been trying to find what activates those. It's likely it's activator is a missing piece for us. So far no luck, but I'll keep looking.

Second, can someone tell me what timer this is for. I don't remember where in BK this is used.
Attachment 1076

:confused:

hatrickpatrick 16th June 2006 09:30 AM

don't recognize the timer O_o...

Yeah well like I posted, it activates the text in the sandcastle, but apparently it DOESNT activate the actual gate, to open...

And it doesnt seem to activate grunty's text in the lair either. Looks like we may need to find a different activator for those, lets just hope it's not set up completely differently to this one...

Also, I don't think the barrels disappearing is all that important, it seems the game removes all sprites and loose objects from the room if you set it to a digit which isn't an actual cutscene...

And I think, BTW, that the season doors are out of level cutscenes ( It has to cut to a different room to show them) And, as far as I can see, the partial activator does NOT have any effect on out of level ones...

EDIT: BTW, the "cutscene level" address for the out of level cutscene mod is actually a camera mod, not a level mod. I'm going to have a look and figure it out later today, I'd say the level one is right beside it though...

BanjoPL 16th June 2006 01:57 PM

I'm fell that we are very close...Congratulations to Patrick!
I wonder why Banjo-Tooie is very hard to hacking...maybe Rare hide something?