The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Benjo Koolzooie 25th November 2005 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by banjooie
Sorry, I wasn't trying to say SNS doesn't exist. Like you said, it must be there in some way, shape or form.

What I mean is, people should just forget about it and move on. It's just stupid.

Whats gonna happen when/if somebody *ever* finds it, eh? Will be like "yay" for about two days... and it will be forgotton.

Why should they though? Just because you aren't interested in it, doesn't mean others shouldn't take interest. You aren't bothered, so don't worry about it.

Also, if this topic stops (SNS in general), then the forums would be quite dead at the moment.

This thread is venturing off topic so I suggest we wait until there is some new news or a decent theory or something before posting much else.

lamentofgrunty 25th November 2005 10:04 AM

see my theorieon sns

hatrickpatrick 2nd December 2005 08:57 PM

This is becomig a bit of a standing joke, but yet again, the damn demo control codes have me completely confused. I'm going to post the minor ones tomorrow, you'll have to wait a bit longer for the big one I'm afraid...

If anyone wants to help me out hacking them, and has the PAL rom of BK, IM me on AIM, username "hatrickpatrck" (hatrickpatrick but without the second "i". Damn squatters!). I'd really appreciate it. Experience compiling a digit list would be handy...

GameandWatch33 2nd December 2005 09:06 PM

I should be available to help you again this evening. Right now, I have to go to work though. I will be leaving at 5 (My time). And will be back around 9:30ish (My time). Then I will be free to help with the demo codes.

Also, this gives me a chance to hand over my findings and cutscene codes.

BTW my aim is thepest543.

dmoss 2nd December 2005 11:48 PM

Well, I'm glad to see the Forums are back and everyone made it home safely! Plus, don't you think it was fitting that Hatrick had the 1,000th post on his topic. Wow, can you believe that you created a topic that got a thousand posts, man? Awesome. I really am confused about codes and everything still. However, I am here to cheer you on, none-the-less!

Go_Nosis 5th December 2005 01:15 AM

Gotta be a way.

There's no doubting that Stop N Swop exists, right? While I know everyone knows this, let's dwell on exactly what we're looking for.

I know I'm looking for an activator screen. Anything that says "Now switch back to Banjo-Tooie!" or anything like that.

Why do I think it'll be that phrase? Easy. The activator of stop in swop isnt in Banjo Kazooie. Can't be. Rare would have kept it so that no one could accidently stumble on it before Banjo Tooie came out. Therefor, the activator screen would be in the incomplete Banjo Tooie that never made it to stores. Therefore, Stop N Swop wouldnt start with BK switching to BT, rather BT switching to BK, then possibly back to BT.

I think anyone who isn't very good at glitching, or doesnt have a gameshark, is helpless right now.

**EDIT**

Anyone ever think that.. Maybe in Banjo Tooie, you hot swap over to Banjo Kazooie to GET the SNS items legitimately? Then maybe you go back to Banjo Tooie to use them? That would complicate alot of stuff, AND it gives a little more insight as to why the items are there at all.

What's everyones opinion on this?

hatrickpatrick 5th December 2005 08:39 PM

I always thought the most likely explanation was that BT would give you instructions on how to get the secrets legitimately, and you could then get them in BK and transfer them over some how...

Did anyone here ever get the 100th jiggy AFTER viewing the end cutscene? You're immedietely warped back to the end cutscene so you can see the pics. I always had a feeling sns would be like that, as soon as we've got the right eggs and key the right way, something will happen. It gets a lot more complicated if we have to do something ourselves, AFTER we get the stuff...

Go_Nosis 5th December 2005 10:24 PM

Good call, hatrick.

I've been glitching video games since NES, so I'd like to help you guys. Problem is, I have all the items and no gameshark to get rid of them with.

I'll provide what little help I can, though. Theories and the like.

I'll try some sprite displacement on certain areas, anything that looks out of place, or a pheasible location for a hidden area, maybe a target zone for SNS activation (think the RWP april fools vid). If there are any, I'll do my best to find it.

Anyone who comes up with some good locations, let me know.

Peace

ChaoticTH 7th December 2005 11:08 PM

My guess as to which places have hidden extras...

Grunty's mansion and grunty's lair.

If SnS isn't located in those places, then we go back to the Eggs and ice key that Gameandwacth,hatrick, and many others, are going through now.

nuff said

slaphappy 8th December 2005 05:24 AM

Here's my 2 cents...

Based on Rare's explanation of how this process was going to work in their patent submission, some clue (image/cut scene) would be shown to us in Tooie, it would jog our memories of something in Kazooie, and we would hot/cold swap the Kazooie cart in. We would then be able to access some previously unavailable item.

The only "blatantly remind me of BK" clues to me are the 3 pictures around Blackeye and the Jukebox Seagulls glitch. Makes me think of Kazooie and TTC. Especially the lighthouse at the top of TTC (one picture and the seagulls).

BTW, I've noticed that you can activate the seagulls without firing a grenade or clockwork egg. After getting shopping around town playing on the jukebox, press start for the totals menu, and press start again to go back to the game. The seagulls glitch (or no glitch according to Rare in the scribes) will be active.

Go_Nosis 8th December 2005 05:36 AM

true.. It would have to be something completely inobvious like that, too.. Otherwise Kazooie players might accidently stumble on it.

*goes to order a copy of tooie on the internet*

And chaotic Yoshi, I thought it'd be easier to cover ground with more than one experiment at a time :D

dmoss 9th December 2005 10:42 PM

*returns for a moment*

Hmm...I'm a bit lost concerning the seagulls thing. Could someone explain it to me in excrutiating details, please?

ChaoticTH 10th December 2005 01:42 AM

Honestly, I don't know where this seagull rumor came up from.

Want a good place to look for wierd stuff in BT? Try Hailfire peaks.

slaphappy 10th December 2005 03:13 AM

Excrutiating details? I don't think I'm up for that. I will give basic details though.

Go into Jolly's Tavern and play Shopping Around Town on the jukebox. Walk over to Blackeye and shoot a clockwork egg and detonate it behind him. You will now periodically hear the seagull sounds from the lighthouse area of TTC mixed in with the music.

Rare addressed it in one of their scribes, stating that the game developers were insulted that people called it a glitch. Well, it was along those lines. I'll dig it up tomorrow and post the actual question and response here for everyone that wasn't aware of it.

ChaoticTH 10th December 2005 09:28 AM

I see... I still say that Hailfire peaks could use a little investigation however...

I command a minion to do so!