The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Ratabulous 28th December 2005 04:40 AM

Where did people get the proof again that that portrait actually WAS Fungus Forest? I can't remember...

icegod 28th December 2005 05:50 PM

If i remember right rare said it themself. It was something like: "If we had to include the level we would still be working on the game right now, but we kept it in as a painting". Can be wrong tough.

Benjo Koolzooie 29th December 2005 11:56 AM

Hatrick! I am pleased to see you bring up the Ice Key chamber wall topic, I had been thinking about that, and wondered why no one seemed to have looked further in to things like that.

I still think the large "Big Clucks" in Click Clock Wood are odd. The way certain ones result in a cut scene...?

dmoss 29th December 2005 03:39 PM

Really? To me it seems that there was no random pattern at all with the Big Cluckers Cut-Scenes. It was just the first one each time you came into the world, right? However, it does seem silly that only those Baddies have such a cut-scene. I wonder why? Do the skeleton worm-things do that in MMM? How about the ugly worm-things from CC? I don't really think it's SnS related, though. However, nice observation, guys!

Upsilon 29th December 2005 04:38 PM

I can confirm that the Chompas don't have an animation. It's just the Big Cluckers.

ChrisPBacon 29th December 2005 04:55 PM

Is it the first Clucker you kill that has the animation or is it a specefic one? I always kill the same one first everytime. My cousins are leaving later today, so I'll start looking again.

Upsilon 29th December 2005 04:59 PM

It's always the first one you kill each time you enter the world. Nothing special.

dmoss 30th December 2005 05:19 AM

Yeah...that's what I was thinking. Nice analysis, though. (Thanks, Upsilon...)

Benjo Koolzooie 30th December 2005 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upsilon
It's always the first one you kill each time you enter the world. Nothing special.

We don't know that it isn't anything special yet though however, do we? I might write up to Rare and ask that as a question, along side some other questions relating to Rare games.

ChrisPBacon 30th December 2005 05:00 PM

Cheat

In BT, I cant get the chosen one cheat to work, cheato keeps telling me thats not a cheat. Can anyone get the chosen one cheat to work in BT? The chosen one cheat might do somethign useful.

hatrickpatrick 30th December 2005 05:09 PM

It's a long time since I've played BT, but isnt the "chosen one cheat" a proven hoax? I thought someone had found the entire codelist, and the chosen one code wasn't on it...

ChrisPBacon 30th December 2005 09:22 PM

That would make sense. I've discovered something about Grunty's lair in Tooie. It will be hard to explain without a screen shot, but there are repeating patterns on her wall. I've seen 3 faces of the same thing, it looks like a pumpkin with sharp teeth. Its got eyes too. I've also seen another image that looks like an imp, but I must just be going crazy. I'll try to get a screen shot.

Edit: That was not the best theory, but maybe it can prove something. Those same pictures are there on the walls of GL in BK, which means that it is very likely that rare re-used the original lair. Just something I noticed.

Upsilon 30th December 2005 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
We don't know that it isn't anything special yet though however, do we? I might write up to Rare and ask that as a question, along side some other questions relating to Rare games.

Hey, I guess they just thought it would be nice to show a cutscene of the parrot comically dying. Call me sceptical, but I seriously doubt that the solution to any mystery lies within this oddity.

Kab 31st December 2005 01:47 AM

Maybe, in the beta version, if you visited the Springtime area and killed a certain Big Clucker, it would fall out and smash Gnawty's rock. Then, you could go into his house and find...something. I dunno.

ChrisPBacon 31st December 2005 01:51 AM

Isnt there already a way to smash Gnawty's rock in the spring? I've heard of it but I dont know how.