The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

MarcX 26th February 2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubDrag
I don't think you realize the sheer difficulty in reverse engineering compression routines in assembly. It's hard enough to reverse engineer it in C...

You could basically just use the same routine.. without reversing it.

PuffTheDragon 27th February 2005 03:26 AM

Just a thought:

What if the four eggs we're supposed to get are the four that aren't shown to us by Mumbo?

Benjo Koolzooie 27th February 2005 04:46 PM

A different angle to view it at! However, Banjo speaks after collecting the pink egg, the ones with text following their collection are most likely ones that would be intended for SNS. (Although I am still not convinced, I think all were needed).

Hakey Wake 27th February 2005 07:13 PM

Banjo speaks whenever the first egg is collected, regardless of colour.

Shadow the h. 27th February 2005 09:07 PM

Oh my dear you have to learn a much here.

Benjo Koolzooie 27th February 2005 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hakey Wake
Banjo speaks whenever the first egg is collected, regardless of colour.

Is that certain?

If so, that further leads me to believe all the eggs were originally intended for collection.

Something is said after the pink egg is collected. What about the others? I am sure he says "Oh another one of those special eggs". He says two comments after collecting eggs, right?

One from collecting the pink and one from any of the others?

Someone confirm please.

Hakey Wake 27th February 2005 09:48 PM

Hmmmmm, i'm almost positive it's with any egg.

Though if I rememebr rightly the first egg I got was in fact, the pink one...

R Hunter 27th February 2005 10:03 PM

Yeah I got them in the order that mumbo showed me then as for the others I remember it like this:
Cyan
Green
Red
Yellow
If my memory's not completely gone Banjo made comments with the first two eggs I obtained then was quiet with the other 4. I honestly can't remember if he says anything for the Ice Key.

Hakey Wake 27th February 2005 10:06 PM

It's either him or Kazooie that says something about getting the Ice Key (Pretty sure it's Kazooie), either way there is text there.

Benjo Koolzooie 28th February 2005 12:43 PM

Yes, it is Kazooie that says something about the Ice Key, something to the effect of "wow, a giant ice key, we should have this for later" .

MarcX 28th February 2005 01:47 PM

What happened to the 'start debugging/reversing the game and find out' thing? I'm serious about this. Let's give it a shot! Can't we have a deep aim conversation about it?

Benjo Koolzooie 1st March 2005 01:36 PM

What's that then?

I am not sure I know what that is.

MarcX 1st March 2005 08:09 PM

T_T what, what is, exactly? Reversing stuff?

hatrickpatrick 1st March 2005 08:12 PM

I've a few things to say, I havent been here in a few days and I want to reply to some of the confusion about the eggs themselves
First off, banjo speaks after the first 2 eggs, regardless of what order they are collected in.
Secondly, thats not a bad idea, we get the eggs mumbo doesnt mention... Can someone try that? It never made much sense that he only mentions 2 anyway, seeing as BT itself has the yellow as well....
Thridly, MarcX's idea is probably a good one, but I cant help feeling that if it WAS that simple it would have been tried already... We should have an AIM chat about it some time, it would be easier...

Benjo Koolzooie 2nd March 2005 03:22 PM

Yes, someone should try getting the items not revealed by Mumbo first.