The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Action Replay/Gameshark hacking (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   RWP Hacking Class #5? (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11755)

Timboid 18th September 2007 03:14 AM

RWP Hacking Class #5?

Many of you attended SubDrag's hacking classes. They were easy-to-follow classes that taught people who knew nothing about video game hacking what they needed to know to fully participate and join in the fun here at the Rare Witch Project. They stopped at #4 due to lack of participation. SubDrag said there may be a new hacking class #5 if enough people will participate. So, if there were new classes, who would come? I, for one, will. I'm only a basic hacker and I'm eager to learn more.

Skill 18th September 2007 03:20 AM

Like i said in the other topic i'd be there for sure i'd love him to do an asm hacking class.

So if it goes ahead i'd definatly attend (unless the timezone works out to be when i'm at tafe or some insane time in the morning).

Dylan Yoshi 18th September 2007 03:24 AM

I shall attend. *wittyness here*

Mr. Anonym 18th September 2007 03:28 PM

I will attend, too.

idiot cow 18th September 2007 06:15 PM

I will do my best, depending on the date and time.

SubDrag 23rd September 2007 02:52 AM

I am thinking of changing the format. Is everyone ok with the following:
I will write up all of the text I would say in the chat as before. Now, here's the difference. Since this stuff is really complicated and it is a long, long chat and people have such a hard time making it, I was thinking of putting the entire chat online, then having everyone try it on their own. I would then hopefully have a q and a chat session online, designed to answer questions and solve problems related to the chat, and also everyone should pm me their questions as well. Is this ok with everyone? Otherwise I feel this chat would take 3 hours, and no one would really get it too well, since you'll need to keep looking over and over it and learning a bit on your own too. The only real difference is it won't be live.

Dylan Yoshi 23rd September 2007 03:27 AM

Oh, yes, that sounds MUCH better.

Mr. Anonym 23rd September 2007 10:28 AM

That sounds quite nice. When will you put it online?

SubDrag 23rd September 2007 12:42 PM

When I feel it's ready.

idiot cow 23rd September 2007 12:55 PM

That sounds good. =)

AndyNPC 23rd September 2007 02:26 PM

I would join, but my PC is on the fritz and I don't have an N64 GS. But if you start hacking DS games let me know OK?

Timboid 23rd September 2007 06:17 PM

Yes, sounds good to me! And AndyNPC, I don't know, but I doubt we'll be hacking DS games any time soon.

Icy Guy 23rd September 2007 08:43 PM

Actually, we have been. The AR Trainer Toolkit came out a while back, and people have been using No$GBA in conjunction with Renegade to hack DS AR codes.

Well, by "we," I mean these guys. I haven't gotten involved in the DS hacking scene. ;)

AndyNPC 23rd September 2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icy Guy
Actually, we have been. The AR Trainer Toolkit came out a while back, and people have been using No$GBA in conjunction with Renegade to hack DS AR codes.

Well, by "we," I mean these guys. I haven't gotten involved in the DS hacking scene. ;)

Wow! Theres alot of neat stuff there. I hope that trainer toolkit isn't too expensive. I just did a feature on the Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time debug menu and now I want a party modifier so I can really test out the debug.

se7en 14th October 2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timboid
So, if there were new classes, who would come? I, for one, will. I'm only a basic hacker and I'm eager to learn more.

Me too! I've got quite a bit of C++, Java, VB, and SOME assembly under my belt :D. Hacking games would be a fun side project for me.