The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Banjo Kazooie Series (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Is anyone else still scared to death of Snacker? (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45458)

Ty-chan 20th August 2011 04:36 AM

Is anyone else still scared to death of Snacker?

Ever since I was little I've been scared to death of Snacker, I remember always skipping the Blue Jinjo in and the 2 honeycombs in TTC, and the Yellow Jinjo and honeycomb in RBB until the very end of the game when there's nothing left to do. Even just hearing his music or seeing his head icon appear in Grunty's Furnace Fun creeps me out. I swear to LOG that if it weren't for Snacker, I might not have been afraid of sharks at all. Clanker is maybe the only shark in existence I'm not afraid of (I ran screaming from the room the first time I saw him though... lol :P)

Pstriple 20th August 2011 04:39 AM

:confused:

There's fear to be had from Banjo Kazooie?

Ty-chan 20th August 2011 04:41 AM

Yes. There's only 2 things that I would wish weren't in the series, and that's Snacker and Canary Mary.

Jackjack71 20th August 2011 04:41 AM

Sounds like one of those situations where if something scared you when you were a kid, it still scares you a little when you grow up. I still get that from shrapnels (floaty bombs in TTC and Grunty's Lair).

Ty-chan 20th August 2011 04:48 AM

Ah... Shrapnels... Grrrrr... SHRAPNELS!!! Yea, when I was little they creeped me out a bit. Snacker's a different story, I get scared just swimming in normal water sometimes because of him. Even if I'm not playing a Banjo game, Snacker has turned water levels into satin-holes for me. I hope he never returns in any future releases...

Al K. Holic 20th August 2011 05:05 AM

I hate the mummy hands (Slappas) in Gobi's Valley. Make me jump every damn time they pop out the ground.

Not to mention the Ripper gravestones in Mad Monster Mansion...or more accurately, the GIANT ones that appear outside the Mansion's world entrance once you've been there. ESPECIALLY unnerving if you try to get past them as a Pumpkin, considering they're 10 times bigger than you and at least twice as fast...

BlueytheWalrus 20th August 2011 05:16 AM

The church.

Oh god the church...

Angry Ancestor 20th August 2011 06:01 AM

Motzand is cweepy.

KrazyKaz12 20th August 2011 06:21 AM

I remember getting one of my older cousins to get the blue Jinjo under the starting pad because I didn't know how easy it was and Snacker scared me. Shrapnels and Rippers scared me as a kid, too. I would avoid the Shrapnels like the plague and at one time, I was too scared to even go into the haunted church area. Oh yeah, and those freaking Boom Boxes would scare me when they come hopping towards me. Things have changed since then.

King Gobi 20th August 2011 06:27 AM

Worst part is when you forget about the Rippers and you walked passed them and they come to life and you jump and hit the roof.

Orange Peel 20th August 2011 06:29 AM

I always hated Snacker, that is until my dad showed me I could kill him.

Walecs 20th August 2011 08:14 AM

As kid, Snacker was a nightmare for me. And the labirinths in Gobi's Valley and in Mad Monster Mansion (to be honest, I was afraid of the whole level).

Derek 20th August 2011 03:25 PM

Clanker always startled me more than Snacker.

NinBan 20th August 2011 04:45 PM

For me it was the Chompas, those who try to chomp you out of their grilles in Clanker's Cavern. I outright stopped playing the game for a month, until I got my father to find the next level without me looking. He also bought me Diddy Kong Racing during that time to help me relieve my fear of video games. Now I just kill them so easily and I love the Chompas.

Pstriple 20th August 2011 07:15 PM

I not afraid of nothing!

You people are wussies.

...All though I used to feel discomfort in the lava room.