The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Action Replay/Gameshark hacking (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Learn to Hack (Rune's Hacking document) (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13553)

runehero123 6th January 2008 08:50 PM

Learn to Hack (Rune's Hacking document) V1.1

1 Attachment(s)
Are you tired of being a noob? Wish you knew how to find your own Cheats? Well my hacking document will teach anyone to become an expert hacker in days. That is...when it's complete. Right now, chapter 1 is complete and teaches you how to hack out code's and use a memory Viewer for Game boy advance games.

Note: The tutorial Resource file's are now a seperate download from the hacking document itself.

Note: Window's vista users need to install the Winhelp viewer in order to load this document.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Current Version : 1.4b
(Download in attachment)

Download the tutorial Resource file's here.

Feature's:
-Complete Beginner's guide to hacking like the Pro's.
-Easy to follow Step-By-Step instructions.
-Nice Picture's to guide you through each lesson.

Coming Soon:
-A quiz to test your knowledge on each Section.

What will the current version cover?:
-Different Code type's and data sizes.
-Basic Value searching on GBA.
-Using a Memory Viewer with GBA.
-Basic Value searching on N64.
-Using An N64 Memory Viewer
-Pointers
-Registers

What will future version's cover?:
-N64 ASM (opcode's, Backtracing, Breakpointing, etc.)
-Rom Hacking, Hex editor's.

I created this guide because the RWP has alot of inexperienced hacker's who want to hack but do not have good documentation to learn from. Unfortunately, this documentation is still far from being complete. However, someone completely NEW to hacking will find this version VERY useful. Please, if you spot any error's in this document report them to me and I will fix them ASAP. I will accept suggestions for this as well. Thank you!

~Rune~

Neodynamics 6th January 2008 10:57 PM

I love the whole infomercial vibe. : )

EDIT: I Just got around to looking at it, and I must say, it looks very promising.

Timboid 6th January 2008 11:35 PM

Very nice; I'm looking forward to future documents!

Rickwakefan123 6th January 2008 11:51 PM

YES! I've been waiting so long for this!!

Lordchander 6th January 2008 11:56 PM

Something such as this is much appreciated in this sort of community. Well done Rune!

Cooki-Cooki 7th January 2008 01:44 AM

well, done. I have some expirience modding games with different tools but never tried hex. editing. this guide is worth the kilobytes it weigths in gold kilos.

IceKeyMaster 7th January 2008 02:14 AM

Thanks.

I want to hack BK: GR but there are no roms of it. Ever.

tim57282 7th January 2008 07:43 AM

Hey, cool idea.

Hopefully it will stop all the 'is this possible to do?' type threads.

ssj 7th January 2008 03:22 PM

I cant get the file to load

gscodeseeker 8th January 2008 12:15 AM

i cant get the rom file to lod

runehero123 8th January 2008 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SSJ
I cant get the file to load.

The help file? Do you get an error message? If so, could you post it here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by gscodeseeker
i cant get the rom file to lod

That's because the rom file isn't provided due to legal issues. IF you want it, you will have to find it yourself. Sorry. By the way, it states that on the first page.

ssj 8th January 2008 01:40 AM

Its not compatible with windows vista, which is what i'm using

runehero123 8th January 2008 01:46 AM

I'll see if it's possible to release the next version as a html help file, which will fix your problem.

[Edit] Fix'd: Anyone using window's vista, just download the Windows 32 help viewer located in the link in the first post.

[Update 1/8/2008] V1.1 is now released. I've finished most of Section 4. So you can get started on learning how to do a Known and Unknown value search In renegade 64. Other changes are that the Resource file's for the tutorial's are now a seperate download. Reason Being is that they are about 8mb's.

Neodynamics 10th January 2008 12:16 AM

Rune, I'm having a problem with Renegade. Do you have any idea why, when I get my search results back, there is no activate button? I get my results back with only an export option.

runehero123 10th January 2008 12:25 AM

Hmm, It should be next to the small white box at the bottom of the Search Result's screen. If it's not there, send me a pic.

I'll add some stuff in the next version to make it clear where that button is.