The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Homebrew Games and Tools (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Banjo-Flashie (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35655)

KazooieforHire 26th December 2009 08:19 AM

Wow this is great! Cool work E. Laimo cant wait to see how you move onwards from here.

Derek 26th December 2009 10:06 AM

Please do not abandon this project, it looks so promising.

Greedoguy 27th December 2009 08:13 PM

That's really good for a flash game, it's almost the same as playing Grunty's Revenge. Will you invent a new hub world or use an old one like Grunty's Lair? I always wanted to see a sprited version of it in this style.

E. Laimo 5th January 2010 01:24 AM

Thanks, yes. The idea is to try and copy the Grunty's Revenge engine.
Actually, the idea for this game came from a dream I had about Grunty being a pirate and attacking some random island. So Banjo and Kazooie get sent to the island to stop her.

New.
I tried to make the jumping a bit better. I also made a room using textures. What do you guys think?

cooperace27 5th January 2010 02:55 AM

This flash game is really cool and I can't wait to see what's to come of it.

My only advice is to do what you said you were going to do, and make the jumping smoother. I don't know if it's my computer or not, but whenever he jumps, it lags a little bit.

rover-T 5th January 2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E. Laimo (Post 732791)
Thanks, yes. The idea is to try and copy the Grunty's Revenge engine.
Actually, the idea for this game came from a dream I had about Grunty being a pirate and attacking some random island. So Banjo and Kazooie get sent to the island to stop her.

New.
I tried to make the jumping a bit better. I also made a room using textures. What do you guys think?

Well, I like it! There's a glitch, though. Whenever you press a key, the camera locks on to a certain point. This isn't supposed to happen, is it?

I noticed that if you press space, the game pauses, and the screen darkens a bit. Is this going to be the classic pause menu?

TRBB 5th January 2010 10:13 PM

The camera doesn't lock for me, nor does it lag. This is looking great!

E. Laimo 5th January 2010 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperace27 (Post 732839)
My only advice is to do what you said you were going to do, and make the jumping smoother. I don't know if it's my computer or not, but whenever he jumps, it lags a little bit.

Hmmm... Could you please tell me when it lags? Like during the jump, or before it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rover-T (Post 733077)
Well, I like it! There's a glitch, though. Whenever you press a key, the camera locks on to a certain point. This isn't supposed to happen, is it?

That was intentional. It happens when you press the C button. It was to see the stationary camera and the moving camera. I'll take it out though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rover-T (Post 733077)
I noticed that if you press space, the game pauses, and the screen darkens a bit. Is this going to be the classic pause menu?

That's a placeholder pause menu. I'll put in the menu like in Banjo Kazooie.

RareAddict97 6th January 2010 12:19 AM

That is COOL!! Cant wait for the actual game!

rover-T 6th January 2010 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E. Laimo (Post 733101)
Hmmm... Could you please tell me when it lags?

It doesn't lag for me.

Zy0n7 6th January 2010 01:34 PM

When you press 'C' the camera jumps to another spot

Guitar 6th January 2010 07:28 PM

FINISH THIS.

skine99 11th January 2010 04:01 AM

This shows more promise than any fan game I've ever seen. If not a full on adventure, at least make this into a mini game or something. Although full on adventure would rule.

KEWB 11th January 2010 05:09 AM

awesome so far.

JohnyT94 11th January 2010 06:22 AM

Absolutely fantastic. Best start to a fan game that i've ever seen.