The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Isaac 9th August 2005 04:05 PM

What is that famous bird sequence?

SimpleFun 9th August 2005 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
I don't think it is Mingy Jongo "('Evil Mumbo)' on that picture, he is metallic. On the picture Mumbo looks of an organic biology.

He is only metallic after you hit his fake skin out.
I just wanted to point it out. It scares me at night...

Fenikku 9th August 2005 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isaac
What is that famous bird sequence?

It's the seemingly pointless cutscene shown after you kill a bird in Click Clock Wood.

Benjo Koolzooie 9th August 2005 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimpleFun
He is only metallic after you hit his fake skin out.
I just wanted to point it out. It scares me at night...

Yes! You are correct!

I think though, the bird cut scene should be looked in to more. Where abouts did you kill that bird? I think killing one in GL also triggers it (if one hasn't been killed before hand? I don't know, we should look in to it).

Kratos_Aurion 9th August 2005 08:37 PM

The picture I found is right here:
BK picture

Benjo Koolzooie 9th August 2005 08:41 PM

It makes me wonder why Rare created promotional images of Banjo holding the ice key and pink egg.

Dragon_Kazooie 9th August 2005 08:41 PM

...........Which you have in your avatar.............:p

Kratos_Aurion 9th August 2005 08:44 PM

It still bothers me that Nintendo warned that Grunty would erase your game if you collected more than 3 secrets, when they are virtually unremovable without a Gameshark.

Isaac 9th August 2005 08:50 PM

I just tough about something...

There's only two items that we see where it's hide.

Pink Egg : We see Sharkfoot Island without using any code at the Sandcastle.

Ice Key : We can see it without using a code.

Maybe there's something related to those two.

Dragon_Kazooie 9th August 2005 08:53 PM

That IS a good idea, but what about the other one?

Isaac 9th August 2005 08:53 PM

The two items are the Ice Key and the Pink eggs.

And there's two eggs relating to a character.

The red = Maybe to the Captains BlackEyes from BT

Green= Loggo

Yellow= Nabnuts

actionwebgamer 9th August 2005 08:58 PM

Quote:

I just tough about something...

There's only two items that we see where it's hide.

Pink Egg : We see Sharkfoot Island without using any code at the Sandcastle.

Ice Key : We can see it without using a code.

Maybe there's something related to those two.

You can also see the door to the blue egg.

Isaac 9th August 2005 09:11 PM

Yeah...so two eggs related to a revealed Area + the two eggs related to a character = Four eggs...

Benjo Koolzooie 9th August 2005 09:26 PM

It's the pink egg and ice key Rare chose to include on their promotional images.

Isaac 9th August 2005 09:27 PM

Yeah because they're the most popular.

At the very begining,everybody we're saying "What is that famoux Sharkfood island"

And everybody we're trying to get that famoux Ice key...

Kratos_Aurion 9th August 2005 11:24 PM

Has anyone tried collecting the eggs in order of the Jinjos showed at the bottom of the menu screen? Only four correspond with the colors of the eggs.

Fenikku 10th August 2005 12:51 AM

Good idea! We need more of this! Seriously, everyone: search EVERYTHING and note down every little clue of speculation you find, be it from the eggs to the pictures on the walls in MMM to the bird death cutscene in CCW.

Isaac 10th August 2005 01:00 AM

Why are you talking about the bird cutscene?

I means...what's the clue about it and MMM ?

Did you ever tryed to collect the egg in the same order as in B-T ?
In the NTSC from the top left to the bottom right?

Benjo Koolzooie 10th August 2005 11:22 AM

Quote:

Why are you talking about the bird cutscene?

I means...what's the clue about it and MMM ?

Did you ever tryed to collect the egg in the same order as in B-T ?
In the NTSC from the top left to the bottom right?

We are talking about the bird cutscene because it seems odd, and large birds > large ? eggs. Perhaps killing these birds in a certain order, in certain seasons could do something? But it has no link to MMM, I don't know where you got the idea those 2 are associated.

trevor 10th August 2005 11:42 AM

If I remember rightly then I think there is a cutscene when you kill the monsters that come out of the holes, like the birds.
I might be wrong
Has anyone tride making sandcastle codes to get rid of the eggs and key, because I don't have a cheat cartrige, and I doubt I'll get one.
Trev

Benjo Koolzooie 10th August 2005 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trevor
If I remember rightly then I think there is a cutscene when you kill the monsters that come out of the holes, like the birds.
I might be wrong
Has anyone tride making sandcastle codes to get rid of the eggs and key, because I don't have a cheat cartrige, and I doubt I'll get one.
Trev

I'm pretty sure you are wrong. The reason I remember the bird cutscene is because it happens to none of the other enemies that pop out of walls. It isn't possible for anyone to MAKE sandcastle codes to activate things, they have to be programemd in to the game by Rare (and found by members of the public!).

micjohvan 10th August 2005 01:08 PM

Just a quick question. Has anyone ever gotten the 2 eggs and key that are shown at the end without the sandcastle cheats? I thought I would try it and I can get the key and blue egg by clipping through the door and ice wall. However getting the pink egg on sharkfood island is proving to be difficult :rolleyes: . I am clipping through the ground and trying to blindly fall or walk into the cave intrance under the map. I have hit it a few times I think so this leads me to beleive the door switch isnt there until its raised. Is there any way to get into the island other then the sandcastle cheat? I thought about using a warp code to get there but I dont know anything about the warp modifier or whatever it is. If someone already got the items without the sandcaslte cheats please let me know. Thanks alot.

Benjo Koolzooie 10th August 2005 01:12 PM

Micjovan, with the clipping on, and you walk in to the ice key chhamber, does the fanfare music play at all? is the ice wall still present? I've never used a clippings thing myself, so just curious.

And no one has gotten the secrets withut using some form of cheat, gameshark or sandcastle codes.

micjohvan 10th August 2005 01:20 PM

Ok, I just tryed it. I walked right through the ice wall and no music played or anything. Nothing changed until I picked up the key, then the special item music played. So no there was no music as I walked in. After that I turned around and looked out the tunnel leading in and there was no ice wall there looking at it from that side, but thats how it is if I clip a door from one side then look at it from another. Is there anything else you would like me to try. Also Is there a way to get the pink egg by teleporting to its area in the island. I want to get the 3 items by touching them(not just getting them with a code) and I dont want to use sandcastle cheats. I will use gameshark to get into the area though.

hatrickpatrick 10th August 2005 06:30 PM

Yeah, if there's a secret, like the Xbarrel or the ice key, which isn't in a seperate room, but in a locked off section of a larger room, the music doesn't play until the area has been activated, which again underlines the point I made about possible areas being significant, but not until they are activated in some way

hatrickpatrick 10th August 2005 06:40 PM

Here are the warp codes for all the secret areas:
PAL UK:

D0285735 0010
8037FC24 0001
8037FC25 00XX
8037FC26 0000

NTSC
D0281251 0010
8037E8F4 0001
8037E8F5 00XX
8037E8F6 00YY

digits (for both NTSC and PAL)

8F = Sharkfood island warp
92 = Gobi's valley tomb warp
7F = warp into ice key area in wozza's cave

For NTSC v 1.1, change the first line to
D02804C9 0010

micjohvan 10th August 2005 07:07 PM

thanks for the code but how do I activate it? I am using project 64. I got the code added and everything I just dont know how to activate it. Please let me know. Thanks!

EDIT: Ok im stupid. I got it you just have to tele somewhere. I will let you know what happens when you get all 3 items without the sandcastle cheats. Thanks again for the code!

hatrickpatrick 10th August 2005 07:10 PM

You press "R" on the control pad, or whatever your PJ64 equivelant of R is.
Only do this when the game is NOT in the intro, do it during the demo or any time after the intro. It will crash if you do it during the intro.

micjohvan 10th August 2005 07:18 PM

Well, well, well, I didnt think doing this would yeild anything new but it has. While not a big development its still noteworthy. I got the blue egg, then pink, then the key. In that order without sandcastle cheats. When I went to my stop and swap menu all the items (keys and eggs) turn at the exact same speed now. They are perfectly in sync. I dont know if this happens when you use sand castle cheats or not but this may implay that the items need to be collected in order. So far if thats the case I think I have the first 3 items in tthe correct order. Any other ideas I could try?

Isaac 10th August 2005 07:28 PM

First,do a savestate to don't lost it.

Second,try to collect the other egg in the same order as the color of the Jinjo.

Maybe it will do something.

hatrickpatrick 10th August 2005 08:33 PM

Wow, that may, indeed, be a HUGE discovery
The key now would seem to be to somehow unlock the others without using sandcastle sheats...
I'll try using an object mod and see if that helps. I'll post my findings in a few minutes.
BTW
did you try unpausing and then pausing again? IT could have been a co-incidence, on mine they tend to change every time I pause

Fenikku 10th August 2005 09:15 PM

Yeah, they will normally change speeds when you pause and unpause, but if you do that and they remain the same speed, then this could be huge.

micjohvan 11th August 2005 06:15 AM

Ok, sorry bout not posting in a while. I feel asleep. The first 3 or 4 times I paused and unpaused they stayed the same but after that they started to change on me so I guess they are in fact just random.

Benjo Koolzooie 11th August 2005 08:59 AM

Perhaps you should have collected the pink egg first, then the ice key and then the blue one. Then again, Kazooie refers to "eggs" before the blue one has been seen, perhaps (unless it was just a grammar error), another egg was to be collected before the others. Who knows. Perhaps order does not really even matter.

Fenikku 11th August 2005 12:52 PM

You have a point there, Benjo. Order may not even be a factor.

micjohvan 11th August 2005 03:55 PM

well I didnt think order mattered in the first place. Then when I saw them all spinning togather at the same speed thats when I thought maybe it did. But I see no reason to make us get them in order. The best bet to figureing this whole thing out is a gameshark hacker finding a activater code for something to do with stop and swop. The only other thing I can think of is more sandcaslte style codes for that one place in MMM where you have to ride around on the block and spell out banjo kazooie. Anyone else have any ideas?

Fenikku 11th August 2005 04:12 PM

That might be a possibility, but remember, you can only do that once and you have a time limit, so i doubt you can perform any codes in there.

hatrickpatrick 11th August 2005 04:54 PM

Ok, I've got a problem with my test: I'm trying to get the pink, blue, yellow, and cyan eggs and the key, without using sandcastle codes. This is based on two theories:
1: That the colour of the "view totals" headings points to the cyan, blue, pink, and yellow eggs as correct.
2: That we have to try and get them WITHOUT using sandcastle codes.

I have now sucessfully got the pink and blue, by warping, and the cyan, by using an object mod on the jiggy in the cellar. (I know it worked, because the cyan is now in my sns menu).

Problem: Nabnuts house, in winter, only has blue eggs, and feathers, in it. And the game keeps crashing if I try to change a 2D object into a 3D one with the object mod. Anyone have any ideas? I could try changing nabnuts bed or something, but I have a feeling that, even with an object mod, it would remain as a solid, rather than collectable, object. I'll try a few things, but I doubt I'll find anything until tomorrow at the earliest. Sorry about the delay...

micjohvan 11th August 2005 05:04 PM

Well in the Gobis Valley topic someone said they got a timer when fighting nipper in TTC. He said he had the pink egg I think. I have a new idea :D Maybe once the key is collected it allows for things such as timers on mini bosses and such which would lead to getting the eggs. For instance, you get the Ice key, then battle nipper and you get a timer, then when you do something before that timer runs out (dont know what, kill nipper maybe) the island rises and you get your egg. This is all theroy and for this to work he would have had to have the key when he made the timer appear. I tryed battleing nipper 3 times and never got a timer, but I also already had the pink, blue, and key. Maybe the timer wont appear if you have the hidden item though. Anyone else had anything similer happen or have any ideas?

Fenikku 11th August 2005 05:26 PM

This is big, we need to investigate this.