The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

s.w.a.t 2nd April 2006 07:33 PM

You mean the ones Jamjars uses to teach you moves?

Soulreaper41392 2nd April 2006 07:35 PM

Thats what they are for? sorry about that then........ but does anyone care to explain a little bit about the secret silos or whatever?

Ice Lightning 2nd April 2006 07:55 PM

I can't remember who or where but someone found in the games memory two extra silos called Silo 8 and Silo 9. In the game there are only 7 silos.

You could probably find it somewhere in the SNS discussion thread.

Theguyoverthere 2nd April 2006 09:43 PM

Hey everyone just to let you know there are no secret codes in BT, only 12. I was messing around in the code chamber and typed CHEATO then A then some other letter and got the "WRONG!" noise. THen I tried it with B and got a wrong noise and I tried it with every ohter letter and they all are wrong so no more codes i guess... And I do know that it makes the noise on the letter after the wrong one, just so ya know.

But you never know there could always be secret codes...

s.w.a.t 2nd April 2006 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Theguyoverthere
Hey everyone just to let you know there are no secret codes in BT, only 12. I was messing around in the code chamber and typed CHEATO then A then some other letter and got the "WRONG!" noise. THen I tried it with B and got a wrong noise and I tried it with every ohter letter and they all are wrong so no more codes i guess... And I do know that it makes the noise on the letter after the wrong one, just so ya know.

But you never know there could always be secret codes...

All that proves is that there are no more codes starting with A.

qwertybub3 2nd April 2006 10:25 PM

Not 12, 12+ including CHEATOPLAYITAGAINSON and maybe CHEATOJIGGYSCASTLIST . There are only 12 LISTED Cheats.

Theguyoverthere 2nd April 2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by s.w.a.t
All that proves is that there are no more codes starting with A.

No, no no, maybe you didn't understand.

I typed in A then some other letter (it does not matter which one because if it makes a wrong noise you know the no codes start with A because the wrong sound is AFTER the letter) Then I typed CHEATO again and did B and some other letter and got the wrong noise. THen I did that for the other 24 letters (which was kinda a pain, but worth it) and found that there are no cheats that start with CHEATO other than the ones known.

ChrisPBacon 3rd April 2006 12:58 AM

Quote:

No, no no, maybe you didn't understand.

I typed in A then some other letter (it does not matter which one because if it makes a wrong noise you know the no codes start with A because the wrong sound is AFTER the letter) Then I typed CHEATO again and did B and some other letter and got the wrong noise. THen I did that for the other 24 letters (which was kinda a pain, but worth it) and found that there are no cheats that start with CHEATO other than the ones known.

How much spare time did you have? That would have taken many hours and much paitience.

Theguyoverthere 3rd April 2006 01:57 AM

Not really, let's figure this out:

-It took me about 5 seconds to type CHEATO
-I did that 26 times 5*26=130 seconds
-It took me 2 seconds to type the letter I was on, plus another letter to find out if that letter was correct.
-I did that 26 times, once for each letter. 2*26=52
-52+130=182 seconds
-182 seconds=3 minutes

I probably messed up a couple times though and some other things so it probably took 5 minutes

hatrickpatrick 3rd April 2006 09:25 AM

The main thing about the secret silos is that after silos 8 and 9, which are hidden, there's also "Ridiculously Secret Area 1" which is probably, from the name, a hidden area >_>
I still say we should try those digits on an emulator and see what happens...

Ice Lightning 3rd April 2006 01:45 PM

If there's a Ridiculously Secret Area 1 wouldn't that mean there's a Ridiculously Secret Area 2 in the game.

I'm starting to think though that Ridiculously Secret Area might just be an early name for those rooms in Targitzan's Temple. I forgot the name of them.

krueger14 3rd April 2006 07:38 PM

forgive about the yelling i did yesterday, i was just upset.

repobanjo 3rd April 2006 08:21 PM

There is the Slightly Sacred Chamber and the Incredibly Sacred Chamber (with Targitzan in it!)

JaredDSMan 3rd April 2006 09:32 PM

There should be an area number 2. Well, think about this theory. The final boss is named what? I forgot, but I know it is "Name goes here" 1. Hag 1 or whatever. nut I always thought Hag 2 and 3 would be her sisters. Makes sense right? :confused:

Benjo Koolzooie 3rd April 2006 09:45 PM

Hag 1, simply because she is the number 1 hag.

Upsilon 3rd April 2006 10:24 PM

It just refers to the somewhat puerile joke of car's registration plates being "(something) 1".

Dylan Yoshi 4th April 2006 12:14 AM

I believe the robot Grunty Klungo made in Grunty's Revenge was called Hag 2.

Edit: I was wrong. It was called Hag 1 as well. http://rareware.com/games/upcoming/b...cha_grunty.jpg

hatrickpatrick 4th April 2006 09:59 AM

Quote:

I'm starting to think though that Ridiculously Secret Area might just be an early name for those rooms in Targitzan's Temple. I forgot the name of them.
No, that doesnt work, The silos are areas on Isle O Hags. So silos 8, 9, and RSA have to be hidden areas on IOH, not inside levels...

Go_Nosis 4th April 2006 12:51 PM

once again, im gonna cheat my way to a beaten game and search the isle o hags (and Spiral Mountain) for any at all doorways we may be unable to reach without some kind of level change. Who knows? Maybe i'll find something.

Or, i could just go and play some songs on the jukebox at jolly's. *shrewd look at every mod*

qwertybub3 4th April 2006 02:33 PM

Yes. And if you play the right songs you can turn into Super Banjo.:)

vaticandrummer 5th April 2006 12:50 AM

Sorry to interrupt, but I think the text Glowbo Cave that Coolboyman found should be looked into.

repobanjo 5th April 2006 01:01 AM

I think that this whole thing should be checked into! BAnjoMan is working on it.

During the time of this edi, vatican has 666 posts! THE END OF TEH WORLD!

qwertybub3 5th April 2006 01:24 AM

Or it might be, the end of Gold Jiggy.

Ice Lightning 5th April 2006 06:52 PM

Do you remember a while a ago when someone said their Banjo-Tooie game glitched up and they had an extra Jiggy? What ever happened about that? Did they finish the game or not?

Here's the link.

s.w.a.t 5th April 2006 07:59 PM

Yeah, about that. I'm WAY to lazy to do that game again on my ROM. Though the save was hosted in two places. And the whole mystery was not one Jiggy. One Jiggy I got from Jingaling, then the game glitched, so I restarted, and I had to go get another Jiggy from Jingaling. Then I had three Jiggies, two that said they were from Jinjo village on the view totals screen. The third Jiggy was never figured out.I think Bomario was trying to do it before he left.

Dylan Yoshi 6th April 2006 12:11 AM

I just noticed something. It's pretty small and probably means nothing, but I find it interesting...

In Banjo-Tooie (And I think in Kazooie as well), the option in the pause menu, "Save and Quit" only quits the game, but doesn't save it. The game saves automatically. You can turn the power off on the N64, and still have everything you've done saved.

HomieG 6th April 2006 12:28 AM

Hmm...I just though of something incredibly cool, but I doubt it'll happen.

If Rare were to release BK and BT remakes seperately for DS, they could do some sort of SNS using wireless transfers. I really doubt that'll happen, but one can dream.

Theguyoverthere 6th April 2006 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylan Yoshi
I just noticed something. It's pretty small and probably means nothing, but I find it interesting...

In Banjo-Tooie (And I think in Kazooie as well), the option in the pause menu, "Save and Quit" only quits the game, but doesn't save it. The game saves automatically. You can turn the power off on the N64, and still have everything you've done saved.

Umm... Maybe but I think Banjo TOoie SAVES it WHEN you press save and quit because when you press it, you have to wait like 2 seconds before it says "are you sure?" and I'm betting in that 2 seconds, the game is saving. Why would rare put a "Are you sure?". To save a game without quitting it, that's why. Maybe SnS had to do with where you hit save and quit in BT, then when it says "Are you sure?" to do the swap.

Just an idea.

Dylan Yoshi 6th April 2006 01:07 AM

Quote:

Umm... Maybe but I think Banjo TOoie SAVES it WHEN you press save and quit because when you press it, you have to wait like 2 seconds before it says "are you sure?" and I'm betting in that 2 seconds, the game is saving. Why would rare put a "Are you sure?". To save a game without quitting it, that's why. Maybe SnS had to do with where you hit save and quit in BT, then when it says "Are you sure?" to do the swap.

Just an idea.

Nope. I've turned the game off without even pausing it and it still saves.

Theguyoverthere 6th April 2006 01:08 AM

Then what's with the delay?

s.w.a.t 6th April 2006 01:40 AM

It's the game loading. The N64 is just slow like that. And the ARe you Sure? is so that you don't accidentaly quit the game.

Pikachu025 6th April 2006 03:10 PM

No, the game is actually saving everytime you collect a important item, PLUS when you press "save and quit". So if you collect a Jiggy and then turn off, you still have everything up to the Jiggy, but when you collect a red feather after the Jiggy and you turn off, you don't have the feather when reloading. Same with DK64, saves at every Golden Banana, but not at the small bananas.

slaphappy 7th April 2006 03:12 PM

Any idea if it autosaves when a "secret" item is collected?

Ice Lightning 7th April 2006 03:22 PM

I'd find out now if I could find the code to take me to the secret areas. I just looked for it on GScentral but couldn't see it. Does anyone know what it is?

Ice Lightning 7th April 2006 04:26 PM

The code didn't seem to work, so I used the sandcastle code (I forgot about them).

So to answer your question, yes. The game saves after you collect the secret items. I got the pink egg and turned off after Banjo said his line, turned back on and I had the Jiggy I got from the Sandcastle and the egg.

Ice Lightning 7th April 2006 05:57 PM

Yes, I think so.

hatrickpatrick 7th April 2006 08:07 PM

yes, you can.
81283220 0000 - PAL, reset all secrets
81283400 0000 - NTSC, reset all secrets

I'm not too sure about the NTSC one but I'm 90% sure that's the right code...

Theguyoverthere 7th April 2006 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slaphappy
Any idea if it autosaves when a "secret" item is collected?

Great idea! Someone NEEDS to test this. If it does save then that means that hot-swapping BK and BT is possible! I'm excited! Just wait till I hear the bad news though....

Someone try it now! :eek:

We have hope! o-O

Ice Lightning 7th April 2006 08:49 PM

I already tested it, the answer is five posts above yours.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Lightning
The code didn't seem to work, so I used the sandcastle code (I forgot about them).

So to answer your question, yes. The game saves after you collect the secret items. I got the pink egg and turned off after Banjo said his line, turned back on and I had the Jiggy I got from the Sandcastle and the egg.

Theguyoverthere 7th April 2006 08:54 PM

OOPS sorry, remember you can always refer to my sig before pointing out my mistakes.

So that's odd, why would they program it to save after the mystery items unless they were important which apparently they aren't. Or are they?????:confused: :confused: Before you reply, refer to my sig.