The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Skill 14th June 2006 10:40 AM

Well while were talking about theory's mine been this one for long time so think about it:

The 64DD’s magnetic disks were rewriteable and could hold 64 megabytes (a complete N64 game). The games on normal N64 cartridges could also hook up with 64 DD’s expansion, for extra levels and even saving personal data, in my opinion this is most definitely the way Rareware intended to use the Stop N Swop feature in Banjo-Kazooie as it would make a safe transfer of data.

And since BT was going to be released on the DD it would have been perfect.

Edit: Wait Nov 2000 thats way to close to release date is the correct date?

BanjoPL 14th June 2006 10:45 AM

Yes correct.Its mamed"Rare talks Tooie November 2000"
Go to BoltDragoon Site,choose Stop N Swop and read"The Real SNS"

In 2002 on scibes they said that FGN article was false but why they don't said this after article release ex.December 2000 or after BT release in UK?(April 2001)
Long time they said NOTHING about this revelations!WHY?

Skill 14th June 2006 10:52 AM

"Rare has already clamed that the FGN article was false"

BanjoPL 14th June 2006 11:22 AM

I'm think we must activate SNS in BT(Rare said this).We must beat game on 100% and do it something.
Werid stuffs in Banjo-Tooie are: Blackeye text about water,Jiggywiggy Super Special Challange,Devil Bottles face in TOT,2 doubledoons,Jukebox,CHOSEN ONE missing code

Did somebody beat BT on 100%(90 jiggies,all cheato pages) without using any cheats and SNS items?Can you post save state for PJ64?

Maybe player must be"Chosen One"then he can activate SNS?
Maybe after beating Jiggywiggy Super Special Challange rocks in Grunty Lair will explodes or Jolly can sell us water?

This is part of Bob SNS Theory:

To start off, you must play though Banjo-Tooie, not beating a time, but going through the entire game without shutting the game off once, or dying. You must get every single last item in the game, just make sure you don't die. You must NOT break down Jolly's door, you must pay the 2 doubloons to open it. You can't use cheats either (even with cheato pages). Do NOT go to Heggy's after you get the purple and blue egg. Do not give Humba the Mega Glowbo. It doesnt matter how fast you do it, it just matters if you survive or not.After you complete the game and see the credits and everything, go back to the saved file and head over to Jiggywiggy's temple. Beat the Jiggywiggy special challenge in less than 50 seconds. Yes, its quite difficult, but it can be done. After that, he will remain silent, and you will see a beam come out of the crystal jiggy

Can you test this???

ChillyDark 14th June 2006 01:46 PM

It's fake, I have proof

Read this, the whole page.
He says it was fake and reveals alot of things.

Go_Nosis 14th June 2006 03:51 PM

Hey guys, sorry, i've been playing Mother 3 the past few days. good game, but anyway. I'm seeing alot of theories here, but a few things are reiterating theories that we already proved false. hatrick or slaphappy havent gotten back to us yet? dang.

anyway, im gonna start another venture, seeing as my past one was a complete and utter failure. My friend secured a copy of DK64, so i'm gonna give it a comb through and find some things, if possible. Anything non-GS or PAR related that I can look into for you guys?

s.w.a.t 14th June 2006 07:15 PM

That guy wasn't really David Wong.

hatrickpatrick 14th June 2006 08:24 PM

I've got a very interesting update: it seems the "partial activator" can also be the trigger for characters to speak. Which is brilliant, and is another code I've been looking for for a ridiculously long time. Kudos again to slaphappy, this really is an amazing discovery.

Go into the TTC sandcastle and put this on for the "The gate opens to reveal your prize" text:

NTSC: 80367003 00XX
PAL: 80367483 00XX

XX digits (these change in every room so be careful. I'll try to compile a decent digits list for the main areas during the next few days.)

Sandcastle:
01 - freeze
02 - text "the gate opens to reveal your prize, but first I'll cut you down to size
03: Same as 02.

collecter 14th June 2006 08:39 PM

Is there any difference at all in the "same as above" except for 1 digit?

hatrickpatrick 14th June 2006 11:33 PM

"Same as above" : Same effect, different digit.

maypep_necro 15th June 2006 01:02 AM

Interesting but what: "The gate opens to reveal your prize" code do?

pinkbull 15th June 2006 03:19 AM

Well then I'm back from Florida. Great place I'd reccamend it the backwater fanboat way. And now on topic. I've gotton a Sci-fi written by me based idea. A book I was writting for school was based around re-writing people's minds to basicly Swap bodies with each other. Anyway this inspired a theory for a process called Involintary Code Trading (ICT). This theoretical process consists of taking code from one game and moving it into another or just coping and rewriting. The advantage? Stop 'n' Swap. This is also a good thing to find inspiration for the real answer. It is a very strange theory yes. But could help.
Anyway when I got back I realized somthing. I can't hack N64 games. I've done just a little bit of hacking and I am not very good at it along with alot of other people here.
OFF TOPIC: So I thought of a solution. Make a hacking section to teach people like me and other to hack very well and help the SnS cause

Dricenticore 15th June 2006 10:40 AM

Ive been reading but not posting. I might accidently ruin everything by gettign hopped up on red cordial n strt tking lk tihshseses n rvel snsd.

Anyway, My comments on what has happenned so far: Hatrick and Slap, good jobs on those.

Remember that kid back on page 146-149 who said that if we hack the game enough we can make SNS for ourselves and we will find SNS? He eventually went into denial. I can tell when someone is crying through the internet by how they type. He repeated "omg" 4 times.

Bob the builder: He only came clean AFTER we threatened to tell rare. Funny that. He was scared behind the keyboard. In his panic he quit RWP, called us all foggots (what is a foggot?) and even called his own theory retarded.

RWP: 23, Stupid lame theories: 14

Back on track, Have you tried putting the digits used to obtain all SNS items after the Partial Activator? I know it doesnt relate but its worth 1/34th of a shot.

s.w.a.t 15th June 2006 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dricenticore
Ive been reading but not posting. I might accidently ruin everything by gettign hopped up on red cordial n strt tking lk tihshseses n rvel snsd.

Anyway, My comments on what has happenned so far: Hatrick and Slap, good jobs on those.

Remember that kid back on page 146-149 who said that if we hack the game enough we can make SNS for ourselves and we will find SNS? He eventually went into denial. I can tell when someone is crying through the internet by how they type. He repeated "omg" 4 times.

Bob the builder: He only came clean AFTER we threatened to tell rare. Funny that. He was scared behind the keyboard. In his panic he quit RWP, called us all foggots (what is a foggot?) and even called his own theory retarded.

RWP: 23, Stupid lame theories: 14

Back on track, Have you tried putting the digits used to obtain all SNS items after the Partial Activator? I know it doesnt relate but its worth 1/34th of a shot.

He called us a ***got. A ***got is not good, I can tel you that.

ChillyDark 15th June 2006 01:18 PM

I guess it's worth a shot, hatrick and slaphappy find the codes, and we are happy. As for you question, maypep. All it does is put that text up that that Black Snippet says when you open that gate to get the jiggy.
-ChillyDark.

Campusanis 15th June 2006 09:30 PM

http://www.rarenet.com/wiki/index.ph...Kazooie_Rumors

Why does this get so little attention? Or is it fake?
This should be the number one source for anything related to SnS. I don't think the "designer" lied in this interview and it was made when Rare actually thought to implement the secrets in BT. When they ask the question about how BK connects to BT, the answer looks to me something very much like "You'll never get this one!" and not like a "simple" 64DD game. Something special like SnS would fit the answer.
And if you look at the other answers, they're all true. Gobi was in the fire world in BT (just forgot the name :p ) and about the cave above the waterfalls he said that it was empty in BK. Well, it isn't in BT. Also, you can be a T-Rex in BT.

As I said in another thread, this information (combined with the some other pages on Rarenet) leads me to only one possible conclusion: Anything that was meant to be SnS in BK is still in there, because they started to dislike (or whatever, see this) the whole thing after BK's release. Maybe they couldn't clean up BT completely within time which could be the reason for the base egg in the NTSC version of the game.

And one thought about the DK picture in the Kazooie save game screen. I think, this picture was there to show which game was just "swapped" (in this case maybe DK64), i.e. which SnS-compatible game has been in the N64 before BK.

Just what I thought after travelling through Rarenet.

EDIT: Yet a new page again, this is heavy. ^^

eddz 15th June 2006 09:44 PM

This is alot of pages. I don't have time to read them all! What is the conclusion to Sn'S in BK?

pinkbull 15th June 2006 11:00 PM

Don't worry eddz I have a summery in the process and am on page 80. It is very long and gets boring at times but alot of interesting stuff in it. Also it will be even slower now that I'm spending alot of time at Starmen.net. I'll try to get to page 140 by morning. But if you want to know the iportant stuff try the BK wiki article

ChillyDark 15th June 2006 11:13 PM

One stupid rumour after another.
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Hailfire_...123&st=0&#last.
This guy has to be lying, there isn't anyway to get SNS that this guy knows.
I am not advertising.

collecter 16th June 2006 12:35 AM

SNS is out of control wiith messed up rumers. Rarewitchproject only site I still trust on the topic and if you haven't seen it yet, go to Game winners .com and look in Banjo Kazooie for something I think sme people actually beleive. (I'm talking about the "sunken ship" theory that is polluting the internet)

pinkbull 16th June 2006 02:17 AM

Mabe we should focus on finding Ridiculusly Secret area. RSA may have to do with Stop 'n' Swap and may be where you learn how to activate it even though it may just be the text of it left.

Yuoko 16th June 2006 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChillyDark
One stupid rumour after another.
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Hailfire_...123&st=0&#last.
This guy has to be lying, there isn't anyway to get SNS that this guy knows.
I am not advertising.

*glances* :no:

slaphappy 16th June 2006 05:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just thought I'd post a quick update. It's hard to stay focused in one direction when trying to dissect what the code is doing. You look for one thing and end up somewhere completely different.

First, with the cutscene, interesting find hatrick, with the barrels disappearing. As for the slow motion, it looks like when you don't hit the cutscene activator exactly, it continually calls the function to hide banjo. It constantly writes 0 to the address I posted to get banjo back by setting it to 1. Also, take a look at the season change cutscenes in CCW. The partial activator isn't involved at all when you open the season doors by smashing the switch. I've been trying to find what activates those. It's likely it's activator is a missing piece for us. So far no luck, but I'll keep looking.

Second, can someone tell me what timer this is for. I don't remember where in BK this is used.
Attachment 1076

:confused:

hatrickpatrick 16th June 2006 09:30 AM

don't recognize the timer O_o...

Yeah well like I posted, it activates the text in the sandcastle, but apparently it DOESNT activate the actual gate, to open...

And it doesnt seem to activate grunty's text in the lair either. Looks like we may need to find a different activator for those, lets just hope it's not set up completely differently to this one...

Also, I don't think the barrels disappearing is all that important, it seems the game removes all sprites and loose objects from the room if you set it to a digit which isn't an actual cutscene...

And I think, BTW, that the season doors are out of level cutscenes ( It has to cut to a different room to show them) And, as far as I can see, the partial activator does NOT have any effect on out of level ones...

EDIT: BTW, the "cutscene level" address for the out of level cutscene mod is actually a camera mod, not a level mod. I'm going to have a look and figure it out later today, I'd say the level one is right beside it though...

BanjoPL 16th June 2006 01:57 PM

I'm fell that we are very close...Congratulations to Patrick!
I wonder why Banjo-Tooie is very hard to hacking...maybe Rare hide something?

Yuoko 16th June 2006 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slaphappy
Second, can someone tell me what timer this is for. I don't remember where in BK this is used.
Attachment 1076

:confused:

I remember seeing that somewhere...
If I'm just going insane, I'd say it's possible it was a timer in Mad Monster Mansion, just going by the theme...

BanjoPL 16th June 2006 02:20 PM

UPDATE!
I tested idea that Devil Bottles can unlock secret areas in BT by using powers of baddies......I try destroy rocks by Green Big Guy in Wooded Hollow and open Quagmire door by Green Baddy(Press B)NOT WORK.IDEA OUT!!!

Yuoko 16th June 2006 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanjoPL
UPDATE!
I tested idea that Devil Bottles can unlock secret areas in BT by using powers of baddies......I try destroy rocks by Green Big Guy in Wooded Hollow and open Quagmire door by Green Baddy(Press B)NOT WORK.IDEA OUT!!!

Who would have thought...?

JaredDSMan 16th June 2006 03:56 PM

Yea the timers in BK are either from MMM or BGS. I am sure it is one of those. :)

pinkbull 16th June 2006 04:19 PM

Also on RSA has anyone ever tried to moonjump onto the train tracks in the quagmier area? I've always wondered whats up there. I'd try it but I don't Have a GS. And is there a way to use the partial activatior and anything else with an emu with a GS ROM?

DemyGod 16th June 2006 04:37 PM

I think we tried to Gameshark BT but it keeps crashing.

Yuoko 17th June 2006 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemyGod

It's when you access the Memory Editor, if I recall.

LaorBR 17th June 2006 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemyGod

I guess this depends on Ice Mario...
:rolleyes:
He and Sub made a code to stop the crashing.

LaorBR 17th June 2006 12:50 AM

Sorry for my double post, but...
OMG that timer is either a BETA or a glitched version of the usual timer.
Both Bubblegloop Swamp and Mad Monster Mansion doesn't have their own themed timers.
comparisson screenshot

JaredDSMan 17th June 2006 12:55 AM

Really...Wow, that is pretty interesting. What could that timer be used for? I am going to go check it out now.

pinkbull 17th June 2006 01:47 AM

That couldn't be a glitch it's too visible and non-screwed up to be a glitch. It was most likely a unused timer. My theory for it is that Rare originally planned to have themed timers but scraped the idea because it didn't seem to work or wern't able to think of themes or the others didn't look good or could confuse gamers thinking that there is different circumstances with each one. It could've also been used for a mini-game or an element in the boss fight later taken out because it was too hard or not intersting or both.

LaorBR 17th June 2006 01:54 AM

Nope.
Here's a pic of a Furnace Fun challenge
Another pic
The same timer is used throughout the game.

EDIT: this post is a reply to Shadowman's question. :)
pinkbull, Ice Mario and Sub cracked the texture compression, and the time counter you see in the mingames is just an animated texture. If there were any unused textures in BK we should've know it already.
You may believe in what you want, but I think it's not likely. I think that red eyed skull looks like a part of a wall texture at Mumbo's Hut.

EDIT2: I was talking about a color pallete glitch, not a graphical glitch.

LaorBR 17th June 2006 02:11 AM

Damn, made a mistake when posting my second pic.
It's fixed now.

This is what I meant: Click here
The two timers are identical, only with garbled colors.
I removed the skull and the brown thing at the bottom. IMO that was part of the scenery, not part of the timer.
Compare my other screenshot of the non-edited timer. You'll see what I mean.

pinkbull 17th June 2006 02:31 AM

I was just posting what it couldv'e been also notice the pixil differences there alot different from changing from shades of blue to shades of green. Same for the top and the lighting on the glass. on the green one it's pure white while on the other it looks more like a transparent shine on it. Also the outlines on the blue one are alot more shart ans strate compared to the green one which is more bumpie. Also the the part between the thin part between the green one and blue one looks one pixil smaller and alot different.

DemyGod 17th June 2006 02:53 AM

Very interesting stuff. Do we know that the timers are for? Isn't the MMM one used for racing to the church.