The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Gaming (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53537)

Esteban Colberto 10th October 2014 05:02 AM

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker

I have to say, this game hasn't been on my radar at all since it got announced at E3, but this trailer has me sold. I was disappointed with 3D World overall but my favorite bits were honestly the Toad levels.

So yeah, this game looks like pure happiness. Probably get it around Christmas.

30-50 feral rats 11th October 2014 03:33 PM

I liked the inclusion of the Captain Toad levels in 3D World, a game I really enjoyed as a whole, so this trailer has me pretty interested. I know a few others here have said they're looking forward to it as well. I'll likewise get it around Christmas.

Pretty amusing to see Toadette kidnapped of all people.

Brian 30th November 2014 09:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBkinsU_wfY

The Banjonator 30th November 2014 11:41 PM

Interested in this game. I'm glad it's gonna be $40 since I didn't really see it as a $60 game. Maybe for christmas, looks like it'd be fun

Scrubber 2nd December 2014 08:31 PM

Looks fun. Looking forward to it

Grey Jinjo 24th December 2014 04:13 AM

This game is legit. They did a good job of making it easy enough for non-gamers to get into while making it interesting enough that I can enjoy it without getting bored.

EDIT: The only thing that is a little iffy is the villain. You go around collecting a bunch of stars and are the lead protagonist. A bird flies around collecting the same stars and is a villain. What lol. But it's a Nintendo plot for children, so I give it a pass.

Esteban Colberto 24th December 2014 04:53 AM

I haven't played the game, but I'd bet you any amount of money that the bird is going to use the stars for nefarious purposes, whereas our hero the captain is more benevolent

Grey Jinjo 24th December 2014 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esteban Colberto (Post 1226130)
I haven't played the game, but I'd bet you any amount of money that the bird is going to use the stars for nefarious purposes, whereas our hero the captain is more benevolent

I'm pretty far into the game, so unless there is a massive swerve dude is just collecting stars for fun.

Jinjonator 25th December 2014 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Jinjo (Post 1226131)
I'm pretty far into the game, so unless there is a massive swerve dude is just collecting stars for fun.

Just wait until the dramatic twist in the third act, it really changes your moral understanding of everything that happened before

Grey Jinjo 27th December 2014 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jinjonator (Post 1226268)
Just wait until the dramatic twist in the third act, it really changes your moral understanding of everything that happened before

OH MY GOD I DIDN'T SEE IT COMING

THOSE POOR CHILDREN

Esteban Colberto 27th December 2014 05:00 AM

Reminds me of how in the manual for Super Mario Bros. it says Bowser turned the denizens of the Mushroom Kingdom into bricks and blocks. So really, Mario had been killing Toads the whole time. Bowser is the most brutal and cunning of the Nintendo villains.

neen 27th December 2014 03:14 PM

Looks like a cool game. I'd get it if I ever get a Wii U.

The "isometric view and levels floating in air" reminds me of Lode Runner 2

The Banjonator 27th December 2014 03:26 PM

Would you guys say this game has alot of content for $40? I wanna buy it but I'm worried that I'd 100% too quickly

Grey Jinjo 30th December 2014 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Banjonator (Post 1226381)
Would you guys say this game has alot of content for $40? I wanna buy it but I'm worried that I'd 100% too quickly

Depends on what you consider proper value for $40. I just completed the game, and according to my Wii U stats it took 13 hours. I went at a leisurely pace - probably could have finished it a few hours quicker if I went into power-gamer grind mode. Note that I didn't do any time trails and did not max out the coin minigames, although I did get 3 gems on every stage and complete every bonus objective (again, excluding the coin minigames).

Personally I think the game was worth $40. $60, definitely not, but there is enough variety and time investment to get your monies worth IMO.