The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

hatrickpatrick 16th December 2005 08:03 PM

Was I the only one who was very faintly reminded of the SnS music during the first half of the backwards file? It's also kind of like the captains cabin in RBB and Gnawty's house in CCW...

repobanjo 16th December 2005 08:10 PM

What backwards file? Either I have not been here long enough to know about this, or I was, and I just had a pang of amnesia.

If you were reminded of the SnS music, maybe this could actually be true. Maybe the room with the backwards SnS music is the room where there is/was a SnS connection.

This is really stretching it, but it reminds you of the captains cabin and Gnawty's house, right? Well, maybe since it's that backwards, it symbolises that it's fake. So, if this (idd and probably false) assumption is true, the four eggs are:

Pink
Blue
Cyan
Green

Yes, both of the MMM eggs. Don't forget the Ice Key!

edit: nevermind, I understand the backwards file. I'm surprised they sound alike forwards and backwards. Yes, I do connect with SnS on that. A watery, bubbly, fanfare. Pink egg, anyone?

I was actually half-excpecting it to say something liike an angry Rare employee yelling, "Stop your frickin' SnS searching! You know it's gone, so why bother?"

qwertybub3 16th December 2005 08:32 PM

The backwards file that I posted here http://savefile.com/files/1101565

Upsilon 16th December 2005 08:52 PM

I can't help but be sceptical about this backwards masking. I've tried it with a couple of MIDIs and while the result is weird and fascinating, I can't see it helping in the quest for SnS.

qwertybub3 16th December 2005 09:02 PM

captains cabin and Wicthy World music sound the same.

Icy Guy 16th December 2005 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hatrickpatrick
Was I the only one who was very faintly reminded of the SnS music during the first half of the backwards file?

No, although Mr. Kirkhope likes using that C-F# chord progression in a lot of his songs.

Quote:

Maybe they puposefuly made a certain sound in the BGM sound like that so if played backwards, it would souns like something farmilliar. That is very unlikley, though.
Possibly, although since the average sample in an N64 games (or at least the ones I've extracted) is usually less than half a second long. Of course, many of the samples have loop points or were sped up and then played back in-game at a lower pitch (crude method of "compression"), which explains why they sound longer in the game.

anime freak 20th December 2005 12:44 AM

does anybody know the gameshark code for getting rid of Stop'n'Swop? I've looked everywhere and still can't find it.

Mr 3vil 20th December 2005 09:53 AM

Well, you really cant get rid of it, but you can get rid of the items. The topic Erase Eggs and Ice Key From Cartridge Code should have it. Anyways NTSC 81283400 0000 and the PAL version is 81283220 0000.

Huh... you know how Grunty's Lair has those cave entrances with glowing eyes? Don't you find it odd how Witchyworld has those too? Maybe I am over analyzing things. :confused:

Benjo Koolzooie 20th December 2005 11:22 AM

To be honest, I doubt listening to the music abckwards will contribute any new unveilings relating to SNS.

hatrickpatrick 20th December 2005 05:45 PM

possible link between witchyworld and grunty's lair access? Doesnt sound too far fetched when compared with some of the other ideas we've had in this topic >_>

repobanjo 20th December 2005 07:15 PM

Even I admit I went way too far on this. What else can you think of when it's the evening, your tired, hungry, and exhausted?

Gaming Master2k 21st December 2005 12:28 AM

I made a small but possibly important discovery in BT this morning. We know in the US version the base egg exists, colour = yellow. What I found out that there are the textures for the other eggs. I used Rice's Video Plugin to dump the textures and there were the textures for the Red Egg, Green egg, Pink egg, Yellow egg and Dark Blue egg (I wasn't able to find a cyan one but I didn't know how to use it properly so I believe it's there).

This has the potential to show us a SnS screen I believe since all the textures are there. What I have been trying to do (with no luck as I can't hack good at all) is trying to find an object mod code to see if it's possible to collect the eggs.

Ok..... and....... discuss ;)

DevilBottles 21st December 2005 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaming Master2k
I made a small but possibly important discovery in BT this morning. We know in the US version the base egg exists, colour = yellow. What I found out that there are the textures for the other eggs. I used Rice's Video Plugin to dump the textures and there were the textures for the Red Egg, Green egg, Pink egg, Yellow egg and Dark Blue egg (I wasn't able to find a cyan one but I didn't know how to use it properly so I believe it's there).

This has the potential to show us a SnS screen I believe since all the textures are there. What I have been trying to do (with no luck as I can't hack good at all) is trying to find an object mod code to see if it's possible to collect the eggs.

Ok..... and....... discuss ;)

well...

You mean "well" where you say "I can't hack good at all"

.... *gets smacked in face*

You know, I actually don't know what you just said, but you may be onto something... *gets smacked again*

Gaming Master2k 21st December 2005 03:27 AM

I was going to say one thing then decided to change it and apparently a little of both got across but yes, I don't hack well.

What I was trying to say was that I found the textures for all the eggs (except cyan but I believe it's there) in BT.

repobanjo 21st December 2005 10:46 AM

Great Googly Moogly! You got the other eggs into BT? Now, we just need hatrick or some other hacker to use an object mod, and we got the SNS items in BT!