The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rare & Playtonic (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Rare Replay First Impressions (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54363)

The Banjonator 5th August 2015 03:19 PM

That rewind thing might actually convince me to try out those super old games.

Scrubber 5th August 2015 03:52 PM

I thoroughly enjoyed the making of banjo kazooie feature. Looking forward to unlocking more of those.

Currently playing battletoads. Thank f### for the rewind feature is all i can say.

Andre 5th August 2015 06:37 PM

The making ofs are fantastic, but oh man, all the best behind the scenes stuff (including several Dream tracks) require plenty of leveling up.

DementedSun 6th August 2015 11:33 AM

I watched the BK one, but I'm saving the rest until I finish a few more of the games.

Also, some of the older games are frustrating as hell, haha. I never experienced the early ZX/NES games as a kid, but I doubt even then I'd have the patience to finish some of them. I guess it's good I started during the SNES/N64 era.

Andre 6th August 2015 05:51 PM

By the way, Jet Force Gemini has been patched with modern controls and MAN is it still fun.

DementedSun 6th August 2015 06:00 PM

Are they going to patch Conker too? Playing it on N64 is no problem for me, I played multiplayer a ton back then with the C-buttons. Something about the thumbstick throws me off, so it would be nice to see a modern option for that too.

The Colonel 6th August 2015 06:20 PM

Analog aiming for JFG is like the one thing that will probably push me to grab this at some point whenever it is that I get an Xbox One just so that I can actually ****ing play that game decently. All the other stuff is cool, but I'll only be personally interested in when I feel like replaying those games again.

Walecs 7th August 2015 11:34 AM

Did anyone watch the "Making of" videos? They're really interesting. The Banjo one talks about Dream and Stop 'N' Swop, albeit not saying much more than we already knew.
In the Conker one, they say that Nintendo seriously supported Bad Fur Day (I always thought the opposite). Also, Chris Seavor mentions that they could never do a new one because they've changed.
In the Kameo one, on the other hand, Mark Stevenson says that he'd love to do another one. What do you think, Whyme123, do you think there's a chance it might see the light, one day?

Starblazer 7th August 2015 08:13 PM

That moment when the Xbox One has more Nintendo 64 games on it than the Wii U lmaoooo.

Starblazer 7th August 2015 08:14 PM

Also, to the people that have this game now: Did they cut out the Conker opening clip where he cuts the N64 logo in half with the chainsaw? Or did they replace it? I'll be surprised if they put effort into replacing it since it was originally on the N64. I assumed they would just cut it out and do nothing or just stick in a fade in of the new Rare logo.

DementedSun 7th August 2015 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starblazer (Post 1248153)
Also, to the people that have this game now: Did they cut out the Conker opening clip where he cuts the N64 logo in half with the chainsaw? Or did they replace it? I'll be surprised if they put effort into replacing it since it was originally on the N64. I assumed they would just cut it out and do nothing or just stick in a fade in of the new Rare logo.

It's just gone completely.

Starblazer 7th August 2015 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DementedSun (Post 1248156)
It's just gone completely.

okay gotcha that's what I thought.

Scrubber 7th August 2015 08:41 PM

I had Blast Corps as a kid but dont remember it much. It is pure fun. First game ive enjoyed properly so far, im guessing ill enjoy all of them from here onwards.

Whyme123 9th August 2015 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Walecs (Post 1248132)
Did anyone watch the "Making of" videos? They're really interesting. The Banjo one talks about Dream and Stop 'N' Swop, albeit not saying much more than we already knew.
In the Conker one, they say that Nintendo seriously supported Bad Fur Day (I always thought the opposite). Also, Chris Seavor mentions that they could never do a new one because they've changed.
In the Kameo one, on the other hand, Mark Stevenson says that he'd love to do another one. What do you think, Whyme123, do you think there's a chance it might see the light, one day?

Because MS owns the IP, and have already canned it once, it will never happen.

Walecs 9th August 2015 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whyme123 (Post 1248288)
Because MS owns the IP, and have already canned it once, it will never happen.

I'll try to be a little bit optimistic. Rare Replay is enough to prove me that they're the same they used to be.