The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Rare & Playtonic (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Conker's Big Reunion Cancelled (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54492)

BellyButtonLint 29th September 2015 12:50 AM

Conker's Big Reunion Cancelled

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/con.../1100-6430969/
Sad news guys, Conker's Big Reunion is officially cancelled, and it also appears that Project Spark itself is dying. BUT, Team Dakota surely must be moving onto something else, right? And the timing is so strange... They announce cancellation the day Conker Week starts? Hmm... I think perhaps at the end of Conker week, Team Dakota will announce a new Conker game, a full retail game. What do you think?

Andre 29th September 2015 01:07 AM

If Conker's Big Reunion is any indication, you shouldn't want Team Dakota anywhere near the franchise.

qwertykins76 29th September 2015 01:08 AM

Thank god.

BellyButtonLint 29th September 2015 01:14 AM

That's a lil harsh. I think it could have been promising.

Andre 29th September 2015 02:46 AM

Did you play it?

The Colonel 29th September 2015 03:29 AM

The height of Conker's Big Reunion's sense of humor was Conker's Big Reunion making jokes about how bad Conker's Big Reunion was.

Starblazer 29th September 2015 01:08 PM

After watching Chris Seavor himself talk about the original Conker game in retrospect, I think we should leave the lil guy alone tbh. I don't think there will ever be a follow-up to that game that will reach it's level. Not even the original creator thinks so. It's sad, but at the same time it makes me appreciate the original game more.

Scrubber 29th September 2015 01:25 PM

This is nothing more than a coincidence and i wouldn't get your hopes up for a new Conker.

But to the comment above CBFD can definitely be bettered and i tgink they should give it a go. Without the hilarious dialogue CBFD would have been a very average game. The gameplay was bland and controlled pretty sloppily.

I also think team dekota did a decent job of the Big Reunion, i enjoyed it. Shame about the game dying but i haven't touched it since Rare Replay cane out and probably wouldn't have gone back to it.

Banjokun 29th September 2015 04:28 PM

Ouch.

But is it really that much of a loss?

BellyButtonLint 29th September 2015 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starblazer (Post 1252285)
After watching Chris Seavor himself talk about the original Conker game in retrospect, I think we should leave the lil guy alone tbh. I don't think there will ever be a follow-up to that game that will reach it's level. Not even the original creator thinks so. It's sad, but at the same time it makes me appreciate the original game more.

Of course, by original game you mean Pocket Tales, obviously right?

Pies 29th September 2015 09:43 PM

I forgot it was a thing. I remember seeing the first episode on The RWPs very own stream.

It wasn't that great a game and I hope they put Conker to proper use in the future.

The Colonel 30th September 2015 02:44 AM

The best part was the part where it was a parody of Metal Gear Solid and you were sneaking in a barrel and you talked to Birdy on a codec, and the joke was that it was parodying Metal Gear Solid and you were talking to Birdy on a codec.

project64banjo 30th September 2015 03:25 AM

Cant say Im surprised sense Spark really wasn't getting noticed at all and yet even when Team Dakota used Conker only to try to make Project Spark look more attractive to get people to buy it though it only caused fans to hate it even more. I mean lets be honest they did the right thing to just get rid of it and quit on Spark for good but, they waited too long to just take it down now then wait later.

As for Conker I think its just best to just leave him be. They already done enough horrible things to the poor red squirrel and he deserves much better treatment.