The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Gaming (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Pokemon Platinum (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26378)

Mr.Vile 22nd February 2009 12:10 AM

Pokemon Platinum

Im considering getting it. Im not a "Hardcore" pokemon fan and i only get the original styled games (pearl, red, yellow, saphire, gold versions).
I saw the new commercial for it and started doing some Research. I found that its MUCH different from diamond and pearl and you can get most of the rare pokemon including articuno, Zapados, and moltres. Now usually i dont get the third one out of the 3 that are released (ex: Ruby, Sapghire, emerald). The only one i have is Pickachu edition. THere are also new forms on Rotom, Giritina (derr), and Shamin. I Think i will get it before i go to florida so i have something to play for the ride. What do YOU think?
Also this might be some knowledge you didnt know

The Banjonator 22nd February 2009 01:15 AM

Personally, I think there are too many pokemon species.
What happened to the original 100 and something?
Also, I think they're running out of colors for games.

Gruntling 22nd February 2009 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The banjonater (Post 525021)
Also, I think they're running out of colors for games.

After Platinum they'll probably start a new naming convention. At first it was just colors, then they moved up to fancy metals, then gems. But pearls, diamonds, and platinum is about the highest you can go!

Pies 22nd February 2009 01:53 AM

I have played the japanese version (i gave up after i realized it would be hell to choose what moves to choose in battle) i will probably get it when it comes out in english.

nahanman65 22nd February 2009 01:57 AM

honestly, it's not worth it. it is going to be the same as all the other pokemon games, which is BAD. why can't they just revamp the old games?

The Banjonator 22nd February 2009 01:59 AM

I would go back to a hundred and something pokemon so I can sing that used to play at the end of every episode.

Grimmjow 22nd February 2009 02:06 AM

Diamond and pearl were a let down but I'm pretty hyped for this since there are a lot of new features. I will download buy it.

Mr.Vile 22nd February 2009 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gruntling (Post 525046)
After Platinum they'll probably start a new naming convention. At first it was just colors, then they moved up to fancy metals, then gems. But pearls, diamonds, and platinum is about the highest you can go!

The versions will probably be like objects or something next i can see it now...
Pokemon Plastic edition
Pokemon Punch edition
Pokemon Pillow edition (this would be the remake like platinum)

More realisticaly it would probably be like flowers or something: Pokemon Rose?

ndfan86 22nd February 2009 04:18 AM

Maybe Pokemon black and white (For the third they could do Hispanic, i mean grey) :p

Dylan Yoshi 22nd February 2009 05:52 AM

Of course, there's no doubt that the next series will end up being elements. Pokemon Oxygen and Hydrogen.

*ahem* Anyways, I feel that Diamond and Pearl was just a RSE clone. I doubt that Platinum will make it much more new.

Porky 22nd February 2009 07:27 AM

I'd prefer a G/S re-make than Platinum, but it doesn't sound too bad, although I may just get it for the Wi-Fi events, so I can transfer the event pokemon onto my copy of Pearl (which means I'm gonna need another DS...)

Cheesy9 22nd February 2009 07:41 PM

There are a few cool things like new forms for existing Pokemon, a second Battle Frontier, and that Torn World place, but if you already have played Diamond and Pearl don't expect a lot of new content.

Pies 22nd February 2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troll clowns (Post 525239)
I'd prefer a G/S re-make than Platinum, but it doesn't sound too bad, although I may just get it for the Wi-Fi events, so I can transfer the event pokemon onto my copy of Pearl (which means I'm gonna need another DS...)

I would love a gold and silver remake, they where the best of the series :D

abyss 22nd February 2009 07:51 PM

Crystal was my favourite. It also had a shortend version of The original area from pokemon blue/red/green/yellow which was awesome and it expanded from pokemon gold and silver. I would really like to see a pokemon arcade in a new pokemon game with all the gameboy and gameboy colour pokemon games remade.

Zondekel 22nd February 2009 09:39 PM

I will be getting it. I have Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, and Diamond (And Pinball RS and Ranger 1, Stadium 1 and 2). Despite the exact same basic plot in every game, my inner child can't help but be drawn to every new game in the series. Besides, the Diamond, Peal, and Platinum plot is rather dark compared to the others, which I enjoyed. And, yeah, there's now 493 different Pokemon. So? Just means more for me to memorize and get to know.