The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Banjo Kazooie Series (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Beta Stop n Swop room? (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39661)

Jakeiiii 15th August 2010 02:15 PM

Beta Stop n Swop room?

Not sure if anyone's brought this up before, but have you ever looked at the portal room to Grunty's Furnace Fun? In Grunty's Lair, from the CCW area you go through that note door and there's a portal that leads to Grunty's Furnace Fun. Now, on the wall of this area there are 6 (?) patterns on the wall... was this a scrapped texture or something? a beta SnS room? This might be something that was discussed a while ago, but I've never really heard anyone talk about it.

Here's a little print screen:
http://img843.imageshack.us/i/sns.png/

Ice Mario 15th August 2010 03:18 PM

A room where questions are asked, and it has question marks on the walls? I don't see anything strange about that. Also, why was this a scrapped texture? It's in the game.

Jakeiiii 15th August 2010 03:28 PM

I thought that those textures may have been used for a stop n swop room, but rare used them here to tease us. But I find it a little coincidental that there's 6 of them.
Oh well... still searching for it :)

xxjoesusxx 15th August 2010 03:35 PM

Ah....new members. You have to understand there is literally NOTHING to search for. You can't load up the game and run around and find clues. Rare didn't hide clues in BK to tease us about SnS, it was found by hacking the game, and clues as to how it worked or what it did can only be found in the games code.

Outside of that, the RWP has found EVERYTHING related to SnS that could possibly exist, AND Rare has already told us what it would've done and how it would've worked.

I figured since that revelation, the whole SnS search brigade would've....iono, stopped.

Jakeiiii 15th August 2010 04:47 PM

Well, this 'clue' was far-fetched, and many of you are tired of the SnS theories, but I can't stand that they thought the rewards they gave us in the XBLA versions was good enough. There are ideas of what the eggs and key could have unlocked but will we ever truly know what their main purpose was? What Rare did for the XBLA version was give it 'new' prizes, not the originals... so there is a part in me (and maybe all of us) that is still curious to find out how to solve this mystery. So unless I get a Banjo Threeie, I will not be truly satisfied.

Bbundy09 15th August 2010 05:36 PM

also, question marks imply questions. You are teleported to the Quiz Room...in which you are asked questions. Just saying that not EVERYTHING in the B-K series has to correlate with SNS.

manga02 15th August 2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Mario (Post 830896)
A room where questions are asked, and it has question marks on the walls? I don't see anything strange about that. Also, why was this a scrapped texture? It's in the game.

This is the logic most people hardly use.

in_christ 15th August 2010 07:22 PM

the ? on the wall in that entrance are there because, you are going to a quiz game. You will be asked a lot of ?'s So doesn't that make sense? On a side note About the rewards for 100% completion of BK. The SNS items, for me it was never about the items really. I wanted to swap cartridges, you know Stop N Swap. to move from 1 game to the other. After they scraped the swap part, it was just a gimmick to put those crappy n64 cartridges in banjo tooie. even if the rewards are the same it still sucks without the swapping of the cartridges, in my opinion.

Yellow Kazooie 15th August 2010 08:07 PM

those are just question marks....

xxjoesusxx 15th August 2010 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mebecj (Post 830930)
You actually got more reward than you were meant to, so be happy. Everything that you were supposed to get from SnS, you received in the N64 version of Tooie. Iirc SnS was scrapped early in Tooie's development, and Rare probably didn't have a concrete plan for rewards at the time. So they gave us prizes for the items we were promised in the BK bonus ending, and the SnS on XBLA was just a little perk.

tl;dr: You got everything you they planned to give and more.

Pretty much this.

SnS was never meant to be a big huge thing, there were never any clearly laid out plans as to what the awards would be, and it was scrapped super early, before it ever even became a thing.

Jakeiiii 15th August 2010 10:25 PM

Sorry if I came off looking a little retarded but the point I was making was that maybe these textures COULD have been used for a beta SnS room, but when the idea was scrapped they may have just put them here because it fits the whole Q&A thing. It's just that there were 6 of them which just jolted my mind about the six (?) eggs. I don't care THAT much about SnS, I'm very on and off on this subject, but the nostalgic memories of the mystery just keep coming back to me and keep me busy for a day or too XD So I already KNOW that the ?s stood for questions at this point, it's VERY obvious.

Quote:

You actually got more reward than you were meant to, so be happy. Everything that you were supposed to get from SnS, you received in the N64 version of Tooie. Iirc SnS was scrapped early in Tooie's development, and Rare probably didn't have a concrete plan for rewards at the time. So they gave us prizes for the items we were promised in the BK bonus ending, and the SnS on XBLA was just a little perk.

Also, I just felt that the xbox add-ons replaced the original ideas, and so it still left a little bit of a mystery. So I just wonder what those original unlockables could have been. Though the mystery has been aged and dropped by many hackers, some people like me can still find it fun to just go back and give it a few shots. And 'Nuts & Bolts' really didn't feel like a Banjo Tooie sequel, so that's why I'm not fully satisfied. I know rare can still make another great BK platformer and I'm just waiting for it :)

Starblazer 15th August 2010 11:29 PM

Go

I'm sorry if I sound insulting, but why?
________
Fix ps3

TrophyThomas 16th August 2010 04:39 AM

Actually, if you save in that hallway to Grunty's Furnace Fun with all of the eggs, then put Banjo-Tooie in the game, it unlocks Banjo-Threeie. If you change games in the XBLA versions it unlocks Donkey Kong 64 HD Remix to play on your 360, as well as making a baby dressed as a clown to come out from inside of your 360 and rip all pictures of your mother-in-law and/or half-sister.

King Gobi 16th August 2010 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jakeiiii (Post 830997)
Sorry if I came off looking a little retarded but the point I was making was that maybe these textures COULD have been used for a beta SnS room, but when the idea was scrapped they may have just put them here because it fits the whole Q&A thing. It's just that there were 6 of them which just jolted my mind about the six (?) eggs. I don't care THAT much about SnS, I'm very on and off on this subject, but the nostalgic memories of the mystery just keep coming back to me and keep me busy for a day or too XD So I already KNOW that the ?s stood for questions at this point, it's VERY obvious.

Also, I just felt that the xbox add-ons replaced the original ideas, and so it still left a little bit of a mystery. So I just wonder what those original unlockables could have been. Though the mystery has been aged and dropped by many hackers, some people like me can still find it fun to just go back and give it a few shots. And 'Nuts & Bolts' really didn't feel like a Banjo Tooie sequel, so that's why I'm not fully satisfied. I know rare can still make another great BK platformer and I'm just waiting for it :)

But there's nothing left to find and Rare won't make a great BK platformer anytime soon. . ..

Rock 16th August 2010 02:59 PM

I'm sorry, but we really have completely ripped the game apart now. For a twelve year old game, it's hardly surprising. Even the remake came out two years ago now. There's nothing left to find.

Quote:

I wish more people understood this. The amount of people that complain that the XBLA version doesn't have the 'original' prizes is unbelievable. There were no 'original' prizes bar anything actually in Tooie already.