The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   A more Plausible Stop 'n' Swap theory (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4971)

pinkbull 20th June 2006 11:51 PM

A more Plausible Stop 'n' Swap theory

Hello all I'd like you to listen to a theory for the original activation of Stop 'n' Swap before the whole project got canned.

Alright It was way back when the world was young. The late 1990's. A small and secretive company was plotting secrets for there next realese. Banjo Kazooie. The company, Rare had an brainstorm for a great idea to increse sales.
"We should make an animated sieries!" one said.
"I know. We should make a program called Stop 'n' Swap! It will be where we will put secret levels and other things that will be behind barriers and other things and when we release the sequal there will be the answer to unlock it and we'll post it on our box and say it can only be activated if you have both!"
" Great idea poeple will want it for the game play and Stop 'n' Swap. We can show them to the fans and even get them more hyped up!"
" But wait!"
"What?"
"Hackers. They'll probably use game inhancers to get the items. Don't worry even if they get the items they still won't have the adresses to make it work and unlock the levels. Well also put the level under so much security that they won't even know the level is there!"
Then later after the release.
" Well it seems 2 hackers have found the sandcastle codes, SnS items and even more. That means Stop 'n' Swap won't have the same impact as we planned. People won't care as much. I'm sorry guys we all know we wanted to put this into the game but it didn't work out the way we wanted."
" I know we can put some of the eggs and the key in there and make some crappy prizes instead. Just to make them angry. Besides, they brought it upon themselves."
And that is how Stop 'n' Swap was decided and deleted if my speech part is correct but here I think was how Stop 'n' Swap was originally planned.

Alright you learn of Stop 'n' Swap from BK and you wanted it. Anyway we BT was released they would put the SnS activation in BT. Then you'd Swap to BK with the conformation data transferred to the game and it would show the eggs or one egg and you do the process how Rare wanted it. I won't post it because there's no plausible part to that. So then you'd have the items. You'd Swap back to Tooie and use the items there. You go back to BK with the code to unlock the originally planned unlockables.

So there you have it. The problem with unlocking SnS is that it would be started with BT which would make the code very complex because 1st you'd need the conformation code. Then you'd need to do the SnS process. Then you'd need to put in the codes of removed items and the conformation that theyd been used and the code to activate the area's and it would be a huge mess. Also why we haven't found Stop 'n' Swap is the lack of hackers. But! I have 2 solutions one: We should inlist the help of other known hackers like parasyte and others. 2: If you don't know how to hack and have spare time on your hands then goto http://web.archive.org/web/200503190...Text/hackv500c
And you could become an expert hacker just like Ice mario!*

* you probably won't become an expert hacker like Ice Mario...Although you may become better. No offence Ice

ChillyDark 21st June 2006 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pinkbull
Hello all I'd like you to listen to a theory for the original activation of Stop 'n' Swap before the whole project got canned.

Alright It was way back when the world was young. The late 1990's. A small and secretive company was plotting secrets for there next realese. Banjo Kazooie. The company, Rare had an brainstorm for a great idea to increse sales.
"We should make an animated sieries!" one said.
"I know. We should make a program called Stop 'n' Swap! It will be where we will put secret levels and other things that will be behind barriers and other things and when we release the sequal there will be the answer to unlock it and we'll post it on our box and say it can only be activated if you have both!"
" Great idea poeple will want it for the game play and Stop 'n' Swap. We can show them to the fans and even get them more hyped up!"
" But wait!"
"What?"
"Hackers. They'll probably use game inhancers to get the items. Don't worry even if they get the items they still won't have the adresses to make it work and unlock the levels. Well also put the level under so much security that they won't even know the level is there!"
Then later after the release.
" Well it seems 2 hackers have found the sandcastle codes, SnS items and even more. That means Stop 'n' Swap won't have the same impact as we planned. People won't care as much. I'm sorry guys we all know we wanted to put this into the game but it didn't work out the way we wanted."
" I know we can put some of the eggs and the key in there and make some crappy prizes instead. Just to make them angry. Besides, they brought it upon themselves."
And that is how Stop 'n' Swap was decided and deleted if my speech part is correct but here I think was how Stop 'n' Swap was originally planned.

Alright you learn of Stop 'n' Swap from BK and you wanted it. Anyway we BT was released they would put the SnS activation in BT. Then you'd Swap to BK with the conformation data transferred to the game and it would show the eggs or one egg and you do the process how Rare wanted it. I won't post it because there's no plausible part to that. So then you'd have the items. You'd Swap back to Tooie and use the items there. You go back to BK with the code to unlock the originally planned unlockables.

So there you have it. The problem with unlocking SnS is that it would be started with BT which would make the code very complex because 1st you'd need the conformation code. Then you'd need to do the SnS process. Then you'd need to put in the codes of removed items and the conformation that theyd been used and the code to activate the area's and it would be a huge mess. Also why we haven't found Stop 'n' Swap is the lack of hackers. But! I have 2 solutions one: We should inlist the help of other known hackers like parasyte and others. 2: If you don't know how to hack and have spare time on your hands then goto http://web.archive.org/web/200503190...Text/hackv500c
And you could become an expert hacker just like Ice mario!*

* you probably won't become an expert hacker like Ice Mario...Although you may become better. No offence Ice

You wouldn't even be close, to the hacking master that is Ice Mario, and SubDrag.
Still, good theory it is plausible as you say.
However, if Rare really did do this, then we would hack BT even more.
Also, can somebody tell me the best Must be on code, one that would freeze the game for NTSC perhapes.

pinkbull 21st June 2006 12:08 AM

Well the problem with hacking BT is the a full SnS most likely isn't there. Or mabe it is and that's why it's so protected. Also I've noticed people will over rate Ice and subdrag at times. I relly respect them as hackers and their the best in my book but to the looks of it their not hacking as much as they used to and Subdrags retired so that puts him out of the game. If we want to find SnS we need the help of really active hackers. Mabe Ice and Subdrag aren't great hackers and they just got there 1st but thats probably 90% not true. Now I tend not to over speculate on these sort of things.

Ice Mario 21st June 2006 12:47 AM

After hacking N64 and Gamecube games for ten years, I've decided to take a less active role in the scene. We gave you great codes, great videos, the sandcastle codes for the secret items and Bottles Revenge in Banjo-Tooie. I have far greater things to be doing with my spare time than looking for something in a video game, especially when we've exhausted most possibilities. Every now and again, I have an idea, and go back to the game code and try a few things. I just don't posess the drive I once did. I will be waiting for Banjo DS and Banjo 360 to arrive and will once again delve back into the arena.

So there we have it, if there are any other hackers that want to try and uncover some more secrets from the Banjo games, then go for it, it'll be a first :)

DemyGod 21st June 2006 01:15 AM

Is Ice Mario complaning? We all appreciate(sp?) your work and we want you to know. Look how many members are on your website. You should stay ato your thing, we admit your the best hacker here.

Dricenticore 21st June 2006 07:08 AM

I thought the codes were found AFTER banjo tooie came out, and that they stopped making it because of hardware difficulties.

krueger14 21st June 2006 03:25 PM

I thought the codes were found in 1999?

DemyGod 21st June 2006 03:33 PM

I think they were found in 2000 but before BT.

pinkbull 21st June 2006 04:27 PM

They were posted the 13th of January 2003. I think it might've been Nintendo or the fact that pretty such everyone could get the Ice key with the moonjump cheat. Amazing how Rare didn't think somebody was going to do that. I think SnS is completly there in BK but I think there barely in there at all or just false leads to get us sidetracked in BT.

Ice Mario 21st June 2006 07:19 PM

What have I got to complain about? I have been at the forefront of Banjo hacking since the early days, and now I have other things to do in my spare time. Like I said previously, I will be showing more interest when new Banjo games surface.

Gold Jinjo 21st June 2006 07:25 PM

Plus you spend all day programming at Free Radical... you probably don't want to come home just to start playing with code some more :)

pinkbull 21st June 2006 09:44 PM

Free Radical? That's a joint company of Ubisoft right? I'm not sure though. Anyway all I hope is that Rare puts in as many removed ideas/data in the next game just to keep this site in its hay days.

nmon67 21st June 2006 10:13 PM

Rare porbably made so poeple would buy BT. That's smart. More $$$$. If you worked at rare wouldn't you want money. If it didn't exist do you think so many poeple would still be playing Banjo Kazooie?

DemyGod 21st June 2006 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Mario
What have I got to complain about? I have been at the forefront of Banjo hacking since the early days, and now I have other things to do in my spare time. Like I said previously, I will be showing more interest when new Banjo games surface.

I understand now, I thought you were complaining about the Banjo games and this website.:D

slaphappy 22nd June 2006 04:54 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Mario
So there we have it, if there are any other hackers that want to try and uncover some more secrets from the Banjo games, then go for it, it'll be a first :)

Hey, what about the beta 2D timer image I hacked out? :)
Attachment 1091

So, let's say someone who truly appreciates just how much effort you have put in over the years just happened to uncover some good stuff, and one thing in particular is really cool and fun, and, dare I say, possibly worthy of a "RWP Special". Something that would probably fall just below the BK Test Map. Could such a finding be marked up and submitted to this site for consideration?

A special from a member. Now that would be a first! ;)