The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   N64 Everything gone! (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20185)

Deebs 23rd August 2008 02:00 PM

N64 Everything gone!

Ok.

Today i was messing about with my gameshark.

Then i thought about the debug menu in CBFD and how to get it, and i thought i'd try it.

So, i pulled the right of the cartridge, and everything started to go pixel-y and the sound started to distort, then i pushed it back in, and the game stopped in it's tracks.

I resetted the game.

Everything was GONE. ALL DATA. EVERYTHING

But the one thing that makes this significant.

All of the stop 'n' swop items were gone too. I had to start completely at the beginning.

I was wondering if my N64 got damaged. I told a retro game shop about this and they said to me that... That shouldn't have happened. They said it might have been in the games programming.

Wait. Games programming? Why would anything like that be in there?

(I'm not saying it is in the games programming, i'm just repeating what they said)

Strange stuff. But just in case it damaged it and thats why the data went, i'd recommend you don't do this. I don't know what i was thinking :p

SubDrag 23rd August 2008 02:16 PM

I don't see how your CBFD actions affected your BK game. I bet if you didn't do anything, and took the game out and in it would've worked fine.

Deebs 23rd August 2008 02:24 PM

OK. Something even stranger happened.

I just loaded the game back up again and ALL of the data was back. Huh?

OH, and as i said when i did the CBFD actions, i don't know what i was thinking ^^

Fox McBanjo 23rd August 2008 03:11 PM

If the cart hasn't been put in properly, an old N64 will not load anything saved data-related.

Articerile 23rd August 2008 03:21 PM

What Fox said.

And for a good reason. It's so that idiots fiddling around with the N64s don't lose their data and get all emo and cut themselves or something.

I don't know, I didn't make it.

Deebs 23rd August 2008 03:49 PM

Is a nintendo 64 from 1998 classed as old? I can't remember when they came out ^^

BUt if you mean, like overused old, then yeah your probably right.

Mister Mxyzptlk 23rd August 2008 03:57 PM

I do believe all N64s are now old. :p

Crystal Mech 23rd August 2008 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonBottles (Post 403044)
All of the stop 'n' swop items were gone too. I had to start completely at the beginning.

:confused: There aren't any SNS items in Conker's Bad Fur Day (as far as I can tell). Unless you were talking about the WHOLE thing... then never mind.

runehero123 23rd August 2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonBottles
Ok.

Today i was messing about with my gameshark.

Then i thought about the debug menu in CBFD and how to get it, and i thought i'd try it.

So, i pulled the right of the cartridge, and everything started to go pixel-y and the sound started to distort, then i pushed it back in, and the game stopped in it's tracks.

I resetted the game.

Everything was GONE. ALL DATA. EVERYTHING

But the one thing that makes this significant.

I think what our little friend here is trying to say..is that he was messing around with his Gameshark and Banjo-Kazooie, when he got the idea of using the cart tilting trick from CBFD to see if it would unlock a Debug Menu.

What did he observe? Failure.

Deebs 23rd August 2008 10:33 PM

It's now the third time i've said this.

I
Don't
Know
What
I
Was
Thinking

But ya, thats exactly what happened :D

I kinda knew i'd fail so i don't know why i did it.

KEWB 24th August 2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DragonBottles (Post 403090)
Is a nintendo 64 from 1998 classed as old? I can't remember when they came out ^^

BUt if you mean, like overused old, then yeah your probably right.

'96, and yeah, I'd call them old now.

BtW DragonBottles, what were you thinking? :D

xAzz 24th August 2008 10:45 AM

you do know you're supposed to pull the left side of the cartridge, right? :p

Shaz 24th August 2008 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xAzz (Post 404037)
you do know you're supposed to pull the left side of the cartridge, right? :p

You do too... :facepalm

Deebs 24th August 2008 12:11 PM

I can't remember what side of the cartridge i pulled, lol!

Articerile 24th August 2008 12:13 PM

You said you pulled the right side in your thread starting post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by You