The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Andre 6th April 2005 01:21 AM

I'd just about explode from laughter if Rare came out and said that they really did eliminate SNS. :D

Minjo 6th April 2005 01:38 AM

GOLDEN WORDS FROM MINJO:
Hi, im new, but I have theory:
I think the ice key and the yellow,pink and blue egss are usseles, because YOU ALREADY SAW THEM IN BT.
But I think SnS is dead,the secrets sleep in BT not in BK
(This is my first post, sorry about not going to that Lobby thing)

sambkman 6th April 2005 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssh
How do you know?

well...I couldn't help but reply to your anwser with

;)

Asterix 7th April 2005 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambkman
well...I couldn't help but reply to your anwser with

;)

or in other words, not a real answer at all...

Benjo Koolzooie 8th April 2005 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sambkman
I'm back for this one post......You all wan't to figure out Stop 'N Swop but you don't want to try HatrickPatricks theory....how do you know he's not correct?

I've been watching you guys very carefully and I must say you are very close, the anwser is right in front of you...

He only mentions which eggs we may have to collect, and not anything else afterwards - which is what the problem would be.

I don't believe collecting certain eggs in a certain order will have any major effect. It can't be as easy as collecting them in an order anyway - 'cause no other cut scenes have been found in the game, which would be a likely action if the eggs were collected in a certain order (or collected and then taken somewhere in BK).

hatrickpatrick 12th April 2005 06:44 PM

Quote:

'cause no other cut scenes have been found in the game, which would be a likely action if the eggs were collected in a certain order (or collected and then taken somewhere in BK).
You obviously missed a few posts in the topic. One of the main points I made was that since we dont have a cutscene mod, we can only guess what cutscenes may or may not be in the game...

Benjo Koolzooie 12th April 2005 07:29 PM

Then how can collecting the eggs in the order you propose be useful if there will be no outcome? It will prove nothing then?

PaintGamma 12th April 2005 11:34 PM

I always thought that there were 2 eggs in MMM was because of the levels. The levels without eggs are Mumbo's Mountain and Clanker's Cavern. Why? Well, CC is filled with water. In any of the levels, no egg is underwater. And putting something on Clinker wouldn't work because none of the eggs move with the enviroment and Clinker does move. As for MM, since it was the first level, I don't think they'd put a big secret in one of the first and easiest levels. It's a guess, so try not to flame me alot...

Benjo Koolzooie 13th April 2005 02:09 PM

Some good ideas. I want to see what others think the reason is for 2 eggs in MMM, if there is a reason.

R Hunter 13th April 2005 07:22 PM

That always bothered me. Why put two in the level? And one of them in the open at that, they could have made another area at least if they were going to put a second egg in there. I think they didn't have any other places to stick the green egg so they just put it there.

Benjo Koolzooie 14th April 2005 03:55 PM

They just stuck the red egg in the Captain's cabin on the bed though!

The fact the TTC map in RBB has a X over sharkfood island is definitely some sort of clue.

Asterix 14th April 2005 11:38 PM

one of the things i find interesting about the barrel egg in MMM is that it's the only egg that's given its own room that doesn't actually have a separate section apart from the level (ex, sharkfood island and gobi's door) (ie, the egg's chamber is part of the actual level, like the ice key), but the egg and graphics need to be activated. if you use the GS to get behind the X barrel without having the eggs activated, you can run around in the chamber, jump onto the platform, and see the water splashing (since there's like a mini-moat around the platform), but the egg isnt there and none of the graphics are there. why have the egg and graphics need to be activated, but not the restraining walls? (ie, why don't you fall off the side of the level when you go into the barrel without the egg activated)

hatrickpatrick 15th April 2005 11:34 PM

probably because getting rid of solid walls, when they are in the same room as the another bit, is extremly difficult, or sounds difficult anyway...
Also, maybe they just wanted to keep the egg hidden. It's already a well known fact that objects and images both crash the image mod if they are hidden, which makes me wonder what the freeze digit is right below the ice wall on the digit list...

PaintGamma 16th April 2005 12:37 AM

God, one of these days, I will hunt down a person who helped create BK and get the SnS info once and for all! But these are all very good theorys.

Meowrik 16th April 2005 10:33 PM

i'd like to bring up the theory someone else mentioned once before, of Mumbo's Mountain not containing an egg because it is before Treasure Trove. of course that only makes sense really, if the only method of obtaining the eggs was through the codes, ignoring all the other worthwhile theories people have come up with, and that would be downright nutty.

no egg in Clanker's Cavern either is another mystery. perhaps there was something in there tied into unlocking the eggs, so they felt it unnecessary to put an egg there? i dunno. or if you wanna go along with the code only theory, maybe Clanker'S Cavern was originally before Treasure Trove Cove, and they changed it around simply to cover anymore footsteps.

as for two eggs in Mad Monster Mansion... perhaps they were doing this to make up for a lack of an egg in one of the eggless stages?

and one more thing i'd like to bring up, is even though the ice key was in Freezeezy Peak, why not have an egg in that level as well? i guess you can say it's unnecessary to have two secrets in one level, but then you need to go back to the two eggs in Mad Monster Mansion.