The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Fenikku 14th August 2005 11:53 PM

Why must you people fight over every little piece of speculation that each other comes up with? The only reasons we are doing this is to find out what stop 'n' swop is, see if it is really there or not, and stick it to Rare once and for all that we are a bunch of persistant little turds that want to know the answer to a simple question! We should be working together, not arguing over what is right and wrong. If you have your own theories, test them out, and give a freakin' report! If you want to debate it, go ahead, but don't say that stop 'n' swop doesn't exist because you don't know that; none of us do. That is what we are trying to prove.

hatrickpatrick 14th August 2005 11:56 PM

It's actually
1. Collect Ice Key
2. Collect 4 eggs.
3. Open Secret Level.
I've taken that to mean that if the key isnt collected before everything else, all is lost...

PenquinDude 15th August 2005 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celice
Doesn't mean it couldn't of shown a cutscene were Banjo slowly walked into the door. Objects in a scene don't have to go by clipping, otherwise Klungo would of fell through the ground the in said scene.

Or they could ahve stored Klungo at the beggining of the tunnel, or somewhere else and warped him there. He got to the end of the tunnel before he fell. I just don't think every single thing unused by Banjo is a key to Stop 'N' Swop.

Celice 15th August 2005 12:10 AM

Chances are, Rare was going to have you run up to the top of the tower, but scrapped it towards the end and left the door there.

Also, I'm not trying to start fights, just pointing things out as I go. Sometimes my posts are interpreted weirdly, simply because you can't emulate tones in speech.

Benjo Koolzooie 15th August 2005 04:40 PM

First of all, Stop And Swop DOES exist, there is proof of that in BK with the secret items present, and so on. However, what nobody knows of, is if the feature WORKS. There's a difference between its existance, and ability to work. I for one, and interested to find information and clues as to how SNS could have worked. If, it is found to be working then great, even better. Although I now think it won't be found in working order, I am as stated, interested in SNS's devlopment.

Secondly, has anybody thought that the: Collect 4 eggs. Collect Ice Key.
3. Open Secret Level business from GbtG is in fact a joke on Rare's part, just like the joke SNS included in Banjo Pilot?

If you ask me, the blackboard cries out "Joke!". - Rare are well aware that, instead of doing real homework from school, people were making searching for SNS, grabbing eggs and the key and opening a "secret" level, their "homework".

micjohvan 15th August 2005 04:46 PM

I never heard about a joke SnS in Banjo Pilot. What is it? :confused:

Benjo Koolzooie 15th August 2005 04:48 PM

It's bascially a menu called "stop and swop" that can be unlocked for a large amount of tokens or something (I don't own the game, but know vague details). Once, unlocked, it says something to the effect of, Stop playing the game and swop it for a nice book".

micjohvan 15th August 2005 04:54 PM

referance to cheato lol

Celice 15th August 2005 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjo Koolzooie
First of all, Stop And Swop DOES exist, there is proof of that in BK with the secret items present, and so on. However, what nobody knows of, is if the feature WORKS.

But I believe it exists ._. Never once did I say it didn't

Benjo Koolzooie 15th August 2005 06:17 PM

I wasn't remotely refering to you. :P

hatrickpatrick 15th August 2005 06:50 PM

Yes but I am inclined to take something like the GbtG board seriously... After all, rare has never denied outright that SnS still works, they just give cryptic responses...

Celice 15th August 2005 08:11 PM

Oh, all right then. For a second I thought you were talking about me ^^;;

Rare holds things to tease us. Always has, with cameo appearences. I remember when I first saw Sabre Wulf in BT, and the nostalga just swept over me. And that little appearence gave spark to the GBA game. Perhaps the white board thing is going to cause the same thing?

PenquinDude 15th August 2005 08:16 PM

So Banjo Paint(Blackboard)? Mario Paint was the best.

EDIT: EVer notice how we all just sit here waiting for someone else to post?

crosseyes 15th August 2005 08:48 PM

nope :p. I'm getting a GS soon and I have a good idea of what to do. once I get it done, I'll post. now, I get the key first, right?

PaintGamma 15th August 2005 08:50 PM

Well, this is just another pathetic theory, so I'm not going to make anew topic about it. We all know that Blackeye is just a drunk pirate and Banjo took his glory. Now, we all know about Blackeye's face all over MMM. I was thinking maybe his glory isn't the pink egg but the cyan egg. Just a guess I suppose.

crosseyes 15th August 2005 09:41 PM

or the green egg. or the red egg. who knows, he might own all the eggs!

Celice 15th August 2005 09:43 PM

He even owns a own shipping ledger and has a mansion inside a witch's lair ;)

PenquinDude 15th August 2005 09:44 PM

Wasn't Blackeye a main character in Project: Dream? I think we figured out he was talking about getting his role stolen by Banjo.

hatrickpatrick 15th August 2005 11:18 PM

But there is, or was, meant to be some kind of connection to SnS since it's the only part of the game with SnS stuff besides the game pak areas...

zxzxi 16th August 2005 12:23 AM

Wait so the mansion in MMM is Black Eye's? Also when I played BT this morning. I opened up JRL and went and found Black Eye. He did say "I had a dream once." then he stopped. So how do you know Banjo stole his glory?

Tachi 16th August 2005 12:43 AM

Oh, God. -.-;

Everything's repeating itself.

zxzxi 16th August 2005 12:59 AM

?????

PaintGamma 16th August 2005 01:03 AM

I was just guessing ideas, not like I'm like THIS IS THE REAL THING so don't take my ideas seriously people :P

Klungo 16th August 2005 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zxzxi
Wait so the mansion in MMM is Black Eye's? Also when I played BT this morning. I opened up JRL and went and found Black Eye. He did say "I had a dream once." then he stopped. So how do you know Banjo stole his glory?

If you walk up to him and press B multiple times he will say different stuff. Though it will eventually stop at a repeat of I had a dream once.

hatrickpatrick 16th August 2005 12:23 PM

"A bear stole me glory... Looked a bit like you, he did!"

zxzxi 16th August 2005 02:06 PM

Yeah I got the guy to say that. I believe his glory was the red egg in the cabin. I mean, it's in HIS cabin.

PenquinDude 16th August 2005 02:08 PM

Anyone have the exacpt script of what he says?

zxzxi 16th August 2005 02:11 PM

I don't.

I noticed you signed up for gamesfaqs.

PenquinDude 16th August 2005 02:12 PM

Actually, it's my second account. We don't have the email for my first one anymore, and I forgot my SN. I had a couple hundred karma before.

zxzxi 16th August 2005 02:15 PM

Nice. I currently have 502 karma. I signed up for it, I think, December 2003.

crosseyes 16th August 2005 02:43 PM

were getting off topic :P. gamefaqs? I get most of my strategy guides there, but the banjo-kazooie SNS guides were obviously written by people who know nothing about them. that makes me mad :P. back on topic.

Benjo Koolzooie 16th August 2005 04:18 PM

MMM belongs to Grunty. Her face is on the gate, the sleeping ghoul refers to her and the cheat code of: "Don't you go and tell her about the secret in her cellar" is another clue. Also why would a Pirate want a haunted mansion? That's Grunty's alright.

PenquinDude 16th August 2005 04:18 PM

So does anyone have Blackeyes script in BT?

crosseyes 16th August 2005 06:18 PM

he only says 3 things, not counting the seasick thing and the doubloons. I think it went something like this:

I had a dream once
I were in a good game like this
a bear stole me glory. he looked a bit like you.

PenquinDude 16th August 2005 06:27 PM

Yeah, it's refering to Project: Dream, where he was a main character, but then it became Banjo-Kazooie, so Banjo stole his glory by becoming the star.

Benjo Koolzooie 16th August 2005 08:50 PM

Actually its something more to the effect of "I was in a fine game once".

PenquinDude 16th August 2005 09:08 PM

Yup, Project: Dream.

Benjo Koolzooie 17th August 2005 11:05 AM

You've already stated that about 1 post before mine why say it again? Or are you informing me? Cause I am already clued up. :P

Squall722 17th August 2005 02:39 PM

I aplogize for the lack of posts on my part...

In regards to Blackeye, perhaps we should take a closer look at him and his surroundings in BT.

It has been observed that there are three pictures in his room: one of SFI raised on the outside, one of SFI interior (with the egg in view), and one of treasure trove cove itself (I believe it is the same picture as in the puzzle that you open it up with). Why is the third present? It's already quite obvious it's in TTC, so why add that picture? Is there something more to it's presence there?

Also, there are 2 treasure chests in the room, which I'm sure has also been noted, and as of right now I dont see any signifigance in their presence (other than the fact that he is a pirate).

Finally, I wish to inquire what is scrawled on his hat. I can't seem to make it out. I apologize if this has been covered beforehand.

mrfleshcadge 17th August 2005 05:28 PM

I reckon we should investigate blackeye more. No one has acually done anything to see if he has any use.