The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   Banjo Theories & Stop 'n' Swop (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   SNS update: I think I know which 4 of the 6 eggs we are supposed to get (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1287)

Gaming Master2k 17th February 2006 11:38 PM

I can tell you right now, without reading the whole lot of it and not trying it that it's fake. There are no more sandcastle codes then the ones that we know already. Without looking it up the yellow egg WILL appear there but only because he's used an image mod. It is fake though.

EDIT: I looked it up and the gameshark codes he told us to put in ARE the image mod for BK NTSC v1.0

DemyGod 17th February 2006 11:41 PM

Alright, just wanna bring this to peoples attention. I dont think its real but I thought a slight chance would reveal it's self lol. ANd did Hatpatrick find out if there were anymore cutscenes?

s.w.a.t 18th February 2006 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemyGod
Go to this site and read what the guy has to say.
http://hometown.aol.de/banjostronghold/page1.html

Its definitly not true since in one of the pics the egg is orangy on top, and all of the egg are one color throughout.

Bomario 18th February 2006 01:03 AM

ok I now have the savestate of a finished banjo game, with 100 jiggies and 2 left, 900 notes, 115 mumbo tokens, 75 used, 40 left over and all other things complete i.e. doors, moves etc. all thats not on it is Stop N Swap activated ^^ my question is where to upload this savestate for you all to download so we'll be ready to do some testing of theories for B-K later.

s.w.a.t 18th February 2006 01:18 AM

I think there are leftover items since if a kid was playing the games, it would make them seek out every single item to continue if there were no leftover. For a 7-year old that would be quite difficult.

DemyGod 18th February 2006 01:33 AM

I want to have a little discussion about the Knocker doors in Grunty's Lair near Dingpot. I know this was discussed before but I didnt see the results. If you jump on the right door on the knocker (the face on the door) and you zoom in, you will just see blackness. Meaning nothing special there, also the door looks very thin so nothing there. On the door to the left, if you jump, I have tried to spot some blackness and I havent yet, and I tried plenty of times. Also, If you look on the ends of the door, it is not connected to the wall. It kinda looks like the door is slighlt open. If we can get anyway to figure out whats that about, please do. Maybe see if there is a cutscene we missed where the door opens.

One More Thing! Off topic tho, In the Click Clock Wood area with the bull and Black Grenchling or w.e its called, if you look all the way up you can see a doorway. What is in there? I dont remember being all the way up there.

in_christ 18th February 2006 01:51 AM

you mean way above the enterance it has a empty honey comb peice, you get
it with the bumble bee.

edit : ya its the witch switch jiggy, dohhhhhh!!!!!!

Fenikku 18th February 2006 01:53 AM

All the way up on the tree that is a part of the wall? I believe that would be the spot where the Jiggy appears after pounding the Grunty switch.

DemyGod 18th February 2006 02:36 AM

Oh ok thankyou.. Now what about the Knocker doors?

s.w.a.t 18th February 2006 03:33 AM

I don't think the tower doors lead to anything. Remember in the first cutscene, Grunty comes through the knocker door from a couldren room with no doors leading from it?
EDIT:I might be wrong, or then Ding pot moved.

DemyGod 18th February 2006 04:19 AM

Well lets find out. I think thats the best way to solve any mystery possible, to take theories and try them out and if they dont work then we dont have to worry about it. Can we get a hacker to find that out for us?

holyice7 18th February 2006 06:26 AM

I must've watched that opening scene a hundred times, and I know for sure that where Dingpot is in the beginning is the same room as the yellow transporter pot and the extra life right after the Furnace Fun mini game.

The door was just there as a theatrical aid, but it is the same door model as the one in the beauty machine room. Maybe that's why the one isn't connected to the wall...

Hakey Wake 18th February 2006 04:46 PM

Klungo comes through one of the green knocker doors in an early cutscene, so there's a short path behind the door on the right (I think).

Nothing at all behind the other one though.

Ice Lightning 18th February 2006 05:02 PM

There's a short path on the door on the left as it's occasionly open like in the game over scene, Klungo walks out of it.

Banjoman 18th February 2006 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alakazam9891
Yeah, I really don't think that the beauty room doors have anything to do with it.

However, is there a way to shark a Fly Pad into Spiral Mountain? Because if so, it might be worthwhile to check out that cave near the waterfall that a Mystery Egg is found in Tooie.

I've tried that on my rom before. There is nothing up there. You can't even get in the tunnel.

Bomario 18th February 2006 06:56 PM

ok Ive uploaded the savesate to my Inventory *see sig* in my Treasure Chest Section, its 1.5mb and is for project 64 users only, im not sure if it works for other emulators but i doubt it :(

Go_Nosis 18th February 2006 07:22 PM

Regarding the beauty room door:

Been there using a code that rotated all sprites (even doors) by however many degrees on the x-axis. Nothin' at all but where the Grunty sprite must've been in the first of the game (kinda like a small walkway/platform right after the door) and if you go too far after that, darkness.

Anything else I can check out? lol

Bomario 18th February 2006 07:28 PM

ill look into something too if anyone wants =3

Banjoman 18th February 2006 10:43 PM

IMO, Mad Monster Mansion has alot of hints to SNS. Captain Blackeye and all the pics. Even two the SNS eggs are there. I suggest looking around MMM some more. I remember when I was on top of the big organ in the church the SNS text changed to orange.

Bomario 18th February 2006 10:57 PM

ill investiogate MMM also the end credits show the phantom portrait monster and the portrate shown is blackeyes, could be a small clue.

EDIT: I just thought about something in MMM, in the church on the organ is a music book with an open page, after completing motzands puzzle, you still get to play the organ, what if we tried to play the notes on the book on the organ it could unlock some secret about SNS. Trouble is im not so good at reading the notes on music books, i never did well at music, but if anyone here knows everything about music, could they tell us the actual notes on the book to be played.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1.../MusicBook.gif

Thats a screenshot of the book.

Yuoko 19th February 2006 06:16 AM

From what I can discern;
G, A, G, A, A, B, B, D, F
D, A, D, A, B, C, C, D, E, E
~
G, A, G, A, A, B, B, D, F
D, G, D, E, F, E, E, D-

I have no clue what's going on in the Bass Clef lines...
Also, I'm not sure of the accuracy, but you seem to be on to something here...

Upsilon 19th February 2006 10:57 AM

That's just the Mad Monster Mansion theme. It's a bit hard to make out, but when you know what you're looking for, it's clear.

Skill 19th February 2006 11:09 AM

^ All the same it could unlock something maybe another tune or something, it's unlikly but possible. I don't really know what i'm talking about but with the RSA, i take it that when you try and warp there it freezes is it possible that it's by chance that it crashes and by chance that it works because i think it's the only thing that we really have to work with.

Banjoman 19th February 2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomario

By the look of things that's just the MMM theme. Of course it might unlock something, you never know unless you try.

Banjo-Fella 19th February 2006 05:35 PM

The church organ plays random notes on hitting it, though. Well, they're not actually entirely random - it actually plays the current note the melody of the MMM music is on - so you can do strange unisoned harmonies with it, if you like. :p

Mr 3vil 19th February 2006 08:31 PM

Your notes weren't accurate Yuoko... it seems more like it starts on a C or D... We could try playing it corresponding to piano; infact, I can right now. I believe someone else that was a musician tried this before and nothing happened. It would be impossible to do the base line, the chords are impossible to do with just one banjo. Heres an idea... try hitting the right notes with the right key corresponding to the music and sheet music.

Yuoko 19th February 2006 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr 3vil
Your notes weren't accurate Yuoko... it seems more like it starts on a C or D... We could try playing it corresponding to piano; infact, I can right now. I believe someone else that was a musician tried this before and nothing happened. It would be impossible to do the base line, the chords are impossible to do with just one banjo. Heres an idea... try hitting the right notes with the right key corresponding to the music and sheet music.

Meh, I didn't expect them to be, but I don't think it starts with 'C'...

Bomario 24th February 2006 09:38 PM

possibly the best theory i came up with so far, it is the MMM music, but we must desipher the correct notes, and we need a designed sheet of the keys to the organ for people who dont know that the piano starts at C not A ;) if you know what i mean.

Rocketlex 24th February 2006 10:00 PM

What if we type the notes into the Sandcastle...?

And hasn't the "play the theme on the organ" idea been done before?

s.w.a.t 24th February 2006 10:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
What would be the point? All it would do is play a song, which I don't think it would. I think the developers didn't make a song, they just put random notes, so as to put a songbook on the organ.
EDIT:I made this midi file. It sorta sounds like Mary had a little lamb.

Banjoman 25th February 2006 02:29 AM

Hmmm...well I'm outta ideas. I think it's time we search Tooie.

s.w.a.t 25th February 2006 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banjoman
Hmmm...well I'm outta ideas. I think it's time we search Tooie.

You're right. Maybye a hacker like hatrick can seriously look for any evidence of silos 8 and 9.

kazooieguy 25th February 2006 05:00 AM

Guys Ive had an idea, has anyone ever noticed that through out the entire MMM, there is one apliance missing. Thats right the Washing machine, there was no reason for it right? well i think that there are a few conections regaurding it, MMM is Gruntys house and also Gruntys indesties is were it " first" appears to serve a pourpose is it possible that the washing machine was or is needed somewere in Gruntys house and if so it would be simple enough for kids to figure out because it would follow the bottles bonuses!

<pants> wow i havent ranted like that for ahwile, anyway please give me your thoguhts guys bye for now
Kazooieguy

EDIT: Im testing this now, but dosent the washing machine have wheeles in BK? cause i used the char selecet code and when i was transformed the wheeles were gone and banjo made werid bubbleing sounds ill let you knwo if i find anything else but for now I'm going in!

Insidentally i can be a tester on the theroys we come up with so if anyone needs one tested for ether BK or BT let me know

Upsilon 25th February 2006 01:41 PM

Um... can anyone explain what he just said?

Quote:

Originally Posted by s.w.a.t
EDIT:I made this midi file. It sorta sounds like Mary had a little lamb.

Your ZIP file's corrupted. But honest to God, that is the MMM theme. There's no way that plays Mary Had A Little Lamb.

s.w.a.t 25th February 2006 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Upsilon
But honest to God, that is the MMM theme. There's no way that plays Mary Had A Little Lamb.

It isn't Mary had a Little Lamb it just sorta sounded like it. And it's definetly not the MMM theme. I think I fixed the zip.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Upsilon
Um...can anyone explain what he just said?

I think he said that there wasn't a washingmachine in MMM, in Banjo Kazooie the washing machine doesn't have wheels and makes a bubbly sound, and that he is exploring MMM with the washing machine. I think.

Benjo Koolzooie 25th February 2006 03:03 PM

A piano playing girl wrote up to a Ninendo 64 magazine some time ago concerning the music book in MMM, she said it was the MMM theme.

s.w.a.t 25th February 2006 03:17 PM

But it doesn't sound like the MMM theme at all.

kazooieguy 25th February 2006 03:32 PM

what i said was that MMM dose not have a washing machine,

And that the transformation of the washing machine has no real pourpose

Also if you use the charcter select code on the PJ64 emulator you will find that the transformation there makes it not have wheeles i am going to try transforming into the machine in other worlds as well

Benjo Koolzooie 25th February 2006 04:50 PM

Well either way. I feel that time is being wasted agonising over this book. I seriously doubt it has any use in the search for more SNS details.

kazooieguy 25th February 2006 05:24 PM

i agree and btw the washing machine cant be moved in any lvl so scratch my previous thereoy <sigh>