The Rare Witch Project Forums

The Rare Witch Project Forums (https://www.therwp.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Banjo Kazooie Series (https://www.therwp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   [Spoilers]Now Who's Boss Guide (https://www.therwp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29052)

Dan 4th May 2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glitchman (Post 584423)
don't know whether this helps or not but when you against weldar STAY in a corner and it cuts running around time (suction, electricity)

Shit this double posted >_< IM A BAD FOURMER :'(..

you actually have to let him squish you to skip the chase part, and stay as close to him as you can to get the grenade egg into his mouth instantly.

Rock 4th May 2009 10:18 PM

Woahh!

I just found out on one of the bosses you can cut 20 seconds short by deliberately getting hit on the 2nd time he tries to get you. Can't remember which boss it was though..

Also, I just realized all the bosses except HAG 1 are male.

glitchman 4th May 2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan (Post 584427)
you actually have to let him squish you to skip the chase part, and stay as close to him as you can to get the grenade egg into his mouth instantly.

i cant remember weldar that much since i only just started the XBLA port but as soon as he starts chasing you cant you just move forward towards him; get squished then run back to your corner?

----

actually ignore this ive just realised you have to get the egg instantly into his mouth >.<

Rock 4th May 2009 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glitchman (Post 584435)
i cant remember weldar that much since i only just started the XBLA port but as soon as he starts chasing you cant you just move forward towards him; get squished then run back to your corner?

Why would you run back to a corner? You're meant to be close to him so you can grenade him quicker.

glitchman 4th May 2009 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Laurence (Post 584437)
Why would you run back to a corner? You're meant to be close to him so you can grenade him quicker.

yeah i just realised that my bad.

Dan 4th May 2009 10:28 PM

:) keep it coming guys, there is no bad ideas.

TowerOfTragedy 4th May 2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Laurence (Post 584437)

Not really, especially with the lazers. Just stand in a corner, so he can't suck you up. Right before he's about to suck you ( lulz ), fire a 'nade egg. Should work better than coming up in his face.

Rock 4th May 2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TowerOfTragedy (Post 584481)
Just stand in a corner, so he can't suck you up.

Uhh...

Quote:

Originally Posted by TowerOfTragedy (Post 584481)
Should work better than coming up in his face.

Right... O_O

TowerOfTragedy 4th May 2009 11:14 PM

Notice the ( Lulz ).

pokemega32 5th May 2009 12:35 AM

Why are people saying to only shoot 2 eggs at Chilli Billi each time? You can get 3 in in each round...

Tooie 5th May 2009 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokemega32 (Post 584565)
Why are people saying to only shoot 2 eggs at Chilli Billi each time? You can get 3 in in each round...

Billi only allows 2 eggs before he goes into tongue mode for some reason, so instead of waiting for the cannon to reopen for a measly shot, just go to the next one for two more.

pokemega32 5th May 2009 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tooie (Post 584568)
Billi only allows 2 eggs before he goes into tongue mode for some reason, so instead of waiting for the cannon to reopen for a measly shot, just go to the next one for two more.

That's weird, I've always been able to hit him with three...

You sure about that?

Weldar-Kazooie 5th May 2009 04:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokemega32 (Post 584762)
That's weird, I've always been able to hit him with three...

You sure about that?

Perhaps you're confusing him with Chilly Willy? I don't mean to be rude, but we're talking about the fire dragon here. :)

I've got 11:80 on Old King Coal, and all you need to do it switch to Egg-Aim mode when he loses both of his arms, since he'll be behind a platform when he is at that part.

pokemega32 5th May 2009 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldar-Kazooie (Post 584788)
Perhaps you're confusing him with Chilly Willy? I don't mean to be rude, but we're talking about the fire dragon here. :)

Nope, I can shoot three times at BOTH dragons...

I don't know why I can get it but not you...

Dan 5th May 2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pokemega32 (Post 584789)
Nope, I can shoot three times at BOTH dragons...

I don't know why I can get it but not you...

dont get me wrong, you CAN shoot him with a 3rd egg, you just have to wait for the cannon to come back up, and its a serious waste of time, get the 2 and run away, then when the cannon comes back up you can get 2 again instead of 1 since youre at a different cannon.